It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adult dating site hack exposes sexual secrets of millions

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Included in the exposed personal information are customers' email addresses, usernames, passwords, birthdays and zip codes, in addition to their sexual preferences. No credit card data has yet been uncovered as part of the hack. ...anyone can open the files -- which remain freely available online. That could allow anyone to extort Adult FriendFinder customers.

Adult dating site hack exposes sexual secrets of millions

The breach was carried out by a hacker who goes by the moniker ROR[RG]. In an online hacker forum, he said he blackmailed Adult FriendFinder, telling the site he would expose the data online unless the company paid him $100,000.

On the forum, hackers immediately praised ROR[RG], saying they were planning on using the data to attack the victims.
"i am loading these up in the mailer now / i will send you some dough from what it makes / thank you!!" wrote a hacker who goes by "MAPS."

Not sure how I feel about this.

The gleeful attitude of these hackers wanting to blackmail people is a bit disturbing, however, anyone who put such personal info on a site like that was asking to be exposed and exploited. So I honestly don't feel to bad for these people.

Having said that, I would not be surprise if some one gets exposed and "opts out" (kill themselves) as a result. That would be sad, but it was also stupid not to "opt out" of that website if the didn't want to be exposed... but as we know you can't fix stupid.

edit on 22-5-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

You can be sure the FBI has a sting operation in place to catch these hackers...they will soon find out how truly foolish they really are. Their next home will be a prison cell.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
So this guy gives out his hacking ID, openly posts on a forum that he wants to bribe the website aaaaaaaaaand wants to get away with it?
I am not sure if i should say the story is fake, or that he personally lied or that this hacker has the IQ of tuna salad.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
So this guy gives out his hacking ID, openly posts on a forum that he wants to bribe the website aaaaaaaaaand wants to get away with it?
I am not sure if i should say the story is fake, or that he personally lied or that this hacker has the IQ of tuna salad.

----------
Just noticed a double post, for reasons that are unfathomable to me, and i figured i would edit one post and at least wish you all a happy weekend, and don't go postin' any personal details on those naughty websites you all pretend not to know about!
edit on 22/5/2015 by IShotMyLastMuse because: double post. and verbal diarrhea. Let's hope it stays only verbal

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Lets face it one quick glance at our search history is sometimes enough to expose ones sexual proclivity's. I would be more worried regarding my bank details/home address being hacked.
edit on 22-5-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
BE WARNED, nothing and I mean NOTHING you put online is secure unless you encrypt it yourself and even then who knows. Always have this as an unwritten rule: "If you don't want someone to see it, don't put it online". As soon as you hand info to an online company you hand responsibility of its security to a third party. You have no way of determining how secure they are unless you work in IT security for said company.

For some reason so many people have a blind spot when it comes to online security. I mean, you wouldn't write down all your personal info onto a bit of paper then hand it to a complete stranger, would you ?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Lets face it one quick glance at our search history is sometimes enough to expose ones sexual proclivity's. I would be more worried regarding my bank details/home address being hacked.

True. I could be exposed just by my Google search history.
But then I don't care, I don't have anything to hide.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

You said:

"Not sure how I feel about this.

The gleeful attitude of these hackers wanting to blackmail people is a bit disturbing, however, anyone who put such personal info on a site like that was asking to be exposed and exploited. So I honestly don't feel to bad for these people."

Perhaps I'm old fashioned despite being a long subscriber to ATS, but your statements above are astounding. I hope that your views are rather unique among ATSers. If many agree with you, and I know some will gleefully support such actions, perhaps ATS has degenerated enough now to have outgrown my views on morality and, thus, my support.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

You can be sure that a job offer is just as likely as any jail cell when it comes to hackers.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I always assume someones watching me whenever I do anything on the internet (a symptom of my conspiracy theory instinct, I suppose), so I really couldn't be burnt that way, not that I particularly have anything to hide. Anything you want to know about me could easily be found out by just simply asking. lol, I'm an open book and tend to be an almost awkwardly honest person.

But still, I find it incredibly cold that people are saying they have know empathy for people that may have there deepest secrets exposed.

We're are all human and privacy should be a human right afforded to everyone born to this earth.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Perhaps I'm old fashioned despite being a long subscriber to ATS, but your statements above are astounding. I hope that your views are rather unique among ATSers. If many agree with you, and I know some will gleefully support such actions, perhaps ATS has degenerated enough now to have outgrown my views on morality and, thus, my support.

The problem is people have secrets they need not have.
Why not just be honest? Why hide and live in fear?

If you don't want to be exposed, then be open about
who you are, what you like, and forget the judgements
of other people.

Jesus said, "This is the verdict: Light has come into the world,
but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds
were evil. Everyone who does evil will not come into the light
for fear their evil deeds will be exposed."

If we are talking about sexual preference, I don't consider
ANY preference to be evil, but what is "evil" is being
deceptive with everyone in your life.

Forcing people into the light is unethical, but living
in darkness is immoral. I just think people need to
be open and honest about who and what the are.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The world is not full of Jesus. The world is full of people. And people will do some truly awful things to other people for no reason other than "whatever."

I seem to recall a story about a guy that got beaten into a coma after a baseball game, because he was wearing the uniform of the opposing team. And you think people would be better off if they let everybody know up front they like to get tied up and beaten by a gang of little people while simultaneously being covered in whipped cream?

People's personal lives are just that: personal. Not my business and not yours.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
How can someone criticize the NSA and be OK with this. Illegally obtained data is still illegally obtained.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

ROR aka Reverend of Reprisals ?

When did Westborough Baptist Church obtain hackers?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

edit on 5/22/2015 by Klassified because: Nevermind. Complete waste of time. Not worth it.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I like naked ladies and I also like to watch naked ladies with other naked ladies.

There, my sexual preferences have been exposed.

I think this leak will be MUCH more harmful to the folks who use it to cheat on their spouse. There's also the men who are married with children but troll AFF for gay sex...

Good luck to those folks if this story is true.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Because clearly if you have something you don't want the entire world to know about, you must be up to no good. And yes, that includes your credit card info, social security number, how many times you text your spouse calling them a cutesy-poo name that's a private (that's not allowed) joke between the two of you, and indeed even how many times you look for "funny cat pictures."

If you want any of that to stay private, you're a terrorist and immoral.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
they like to get tied up and beaten by a gang of little people while simultaneously being covered in whipped cream?

Hey, I told you that in confidence!!!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

You actually said "midgets in miniature lederhosen" but I cleaned it up for you.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Edit to remove.

Tasteless.

edit on 22-5-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join