It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half of All the [Medical] Literature is False

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MasterKaman
This is a real revelation / admission since both those Journals are regarded as top class supposed reliability. And the chief editors know what they are saying if anyone in the world does.

It took the lancet 12 years to retract a paper written by Andrew Wakefield on the link between MMR vaccines and autism.

I guess this is the type of thing alluded to in the OP by Horton.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

In December 2012, two landmark decisions were announced that confirmed Dr. Wakefield’s original concern that there is a link between the MMR vaccine, autism and stomach disorders. The news went mostly unreported, but independent outlets like The Liberty Beacon finally began publishing the groundbreaking news.

The website wrote last month, ‘In a recently published December 13, 2012 vaccine court ruling, hundreds of thousands of dollars were awarded to Ryan Mojabi, whose parents described how “MMR vaccinations” caused a “severe and debilitating injury to his brain, diagnosed as Autism Spectrum Disorder (‘ASD’).”’

www.whiteoutpress.com...
wonder how long it will take em to catch up to this?

edit on Fripm5b20155America/Chicago33 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

I think it's you that needs to catch up..

www.forbes.com...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The Food Pyramid...the biggest lie in the history of medical science, and the primary driving force in poor human health.

Is this a lie or was it just an understanding.....

That you need to treat diabetes with medication and insulin. Type II, that is. This isn't always true, and it more like the exception. Diabetes is a dietary response in almost all people. Same as the heart diseases....reduce your daily sugar intake to less than 30g/day, and you will most likely correct the diabetes.

My whole life I have known Type II was mostly dietary, so I can't say this was not known. I'm not saying there are not influences out there.... I think meds do work but is over prescribed because of those influences.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

link please

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The Food Pyramid...the biggest lie in the history of medical science, and the primary driving force in poor human health.

Is this a lie or was it just an understanding.....

That you need to treat diabetes with medication and insulin. Type II, that is. This isn't always true, and it more like the exception. Diabetes is a dietary response in almost all people. Same as the heart diseases....reduce your daily sugar intake to less than 30g/day, and you will most likely correct the diabetes.

My whole life I have known Type II was mostly dietary, so I can't say this was not known. I'm not saying there are not influences out there.... I think meds do work but is over prescribed because of those influences.

How the heck, is it considered ethical, to proscribe a medicine, with known long term side effects, The statins will cause Glaucoma in 50% of patients in two years. They will stop the liver producing an enzyme that is needed for muscle growth, and by doing cause severe upper shoulder pain . They will cause diabetes in a good percentage of patients . The Glucosamine used to drop the blood sugar, will have all patients on insulin within ten years of use, and in many patients cause a leg rash which will lead to ulceration and amputation . This is the tip of the iceberg . The whole time making massive profits , and more work for the medical professions, its a self fulfilling nightmare, and smells of a con job.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
How the heck, is it considered ethical, to proscribe a medicine, with known long term side effects, The statins will cause Glaucoma in 50% of patients in two years.

So what you are saying is 50% of the people after two years have glaucoma, is that 75% after 4 and 88% after 6? What is your data on this?

This is the tip of the iceberg . The whole time making massive profits , and more work for the medical professions, its a self fulfilling nightmare, and smells of a con job.

Tips of what? We all know that EVERY drug has side effects that are different with everyone. No secret here at all, some people can take aspirin... others can die from it....

So should you take Statins or not...a short period on them will determine this...

No secret agenda here, may be more along the lines of ignorance in people who have to think to breath, but a person should determine what they need or not need, it is your body BTW. I know people who have been taking Lipitor for 20 plus years and it has greatly extended their life,

Statins Side Effects

edit on 23-5-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

If half of the medical studies that WE can read online are FALSE, then we can determine that cures for MOST diseases must be hidden in plain sight. There are some that are revealing the truth, but it is hard to get to the truth. It takes most people years to find where to even begin to reduce their condition(s).

For all of those that have auto-immune diseases, look into the balance of TH1 and TH2 with the immune system. I think that any disease can be cured, with the right protocol. It's tough to find the truth, in so many waves of disinfo. The truth is out there. Seek, and you will find. I haven't solved all of my problems yet, but I am starting to discover things that are HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT. I agree with the doctor that said that half of the medical studies and conclusions are FALSE!

Here's a good example. There are many things that "they" say are anti-diabetic. Those studies may be true for Type 2 diabetes, but I have tried everything that "they" say is anti-diabetic for Type 1 diabetes. Almost ALL of the crap that they spew is literal nonsense in my humble opinion.

For anyone that is type 1 diabetic OR type 2 diabetic, the TH1/TH2 immune system needs to be BALANCED to get rid of the disease. I am beginning to look at diabetes as more of a food allergy, than what "they" tell us it is. Do your own research if you suffer from either one. You may be surprised at what you find. In my personal case, I haven't gotten rid of it, mostly just reduced it. It truly is a complex disease, and it will take more research to "crack the code", but I'm finding things that the majority of the medical establishment doesn't have a clue about.

I truly think that the pharma companies know A LOT MORE than they tell people. They don't want these diseases to be cured. After all, they are HIGHLY profitable. A bottle of insulin costs about $.30 to produce, since the equipment to produce it has been "paid off" many years ago. They sell it on the common market without insurance coverage for up to $240.00 a bottle these days! That's exponential profits. No wonder these companies make so much money!

There needs to be a revolution in health care. Most people just want to "listen to their doctor". The ones that just do that will probably die very quickly. The 20th-21st century represents the extreme of human greed and profit with pain.

The Western world is so afflicted by illnesses. I'm surprised that the Western world still has as much power as it does, with the weakness of their citizens. DARPA and all the others should take a close look at this. $ and pharmaceutical profits are not the only thing that counts. Watch out for China and Russia! If you don't get a handle on medical illnesses Western World, you won't have anything to defend pretty soon!

I know that diabetes and other illnesses exist in China and Russia. If you Western World were to cure these, imagine how much more power YOU would have in your citizens!

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I just saw one of those lawsuit commercials for lipitor last night. I even remember when that crap was blasted all over the tv.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

First of all, the below post is not medical advice whatsover, since I am not a doctor. Talk to your doctor before taking ANY supplement.

All of the side-effects with the mainstream "medicine"! The world is so sick. If anyone wanted to do anything about blood pressure, they would reduce their blood pressure symptoms by reducing homocystiene.

How do they do that? By taking trimethylglycine - [comes from beets, it's a form of beet sugar that reduces cholesterol safely] (up to 6 grams/day for people that are SEVERE) along with B-complex vitamins, benfothiamine, and zinc. There was a British medical study on it by ION from a few years ago that told people what they should take. I think that study was one of the FEW that was truthful.

The reason that people's cholesterol is so bad these days is because they don't get enough of the proper oils in the proper state (fresh). Most oils that people eat are cooked or fried. There's a wealth of information out there for those that are willing to seek. Most people these days are zombies that "just do what they're told". And then they die....

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

For sure, a lot of those published studies are false.

I remember two papers of interest here. One was on the subject that vitamin C injestion at high dose does not contribute to a decrease of urinary pH (acidification). No need to investigate very long to discover it is utter BS.

The other paper was designed to assure dentists that it is not true that those new composite dental material are capable of zero expansion/contraction when using a "flashing" lamp method of photopolymerization. I have personally made a controlled experiment that proved indeed that when properly used, those materials exactly balance the expansion occuring during lamp on and contraction during lamp off. Thus no final variation of volume. I have done it using a setup optimized to maximized sensitivity to volume variation.

The trick of the trade here seem to simply look into this vast "ocean" of studies, and select the papers that "prove" what you want to hear, then put your white coat, advertize your credential and brandish whatever paper you selected to "proove" you're right.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

This past summer i had the honor of spending about 10k on a Sleeve Gastrectomy on my 17 year old son. After years of medical consult and dietary consult....and his health/weight not improving....

I have talked about me losing 200+ lbs a few years ago. I did that for him. But his results weren't the same as mine.

The problem was i trusted the experts for too long. The experts and their food pyramid, and their suggestion to remove calories by waging war on fat. And i get it: its simple calorie math.

So yes...people who inform themselves know this stuff. But the people who follow the advice of dieticians and doctors end up having carbs shoved down their throats while being told that a pork chop is going to cause a heart attack.

Strangely: my oldest son is about 120 lbs. He ate the same foods as the rest of us....but he obviously processes that food better as it didn't drive his weight up.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

A valid point made. Many assume the scientific model is used effectively but efficiency takes over in our money based world.

Most research I have been part of (professionally and at uni) already knew/targeted the results it favoured. Non biased studies were of little importance. I worked for a research company researching in the public sector... I got out.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm high fat low carb all the way. It took me a while to get my head around it but now you can ram her pasta up yet...

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Only half?!

I'd venture to say, due to the blurred lines in the financial/pharmaceutical/scientific communities, that 50% estimate is extremely conservative. In reality, we're probably looking at closer to 75%.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: scolai

yet im having steller results with aspergers /vaccine damage using cayenne/capcacin and my senior DOCTOR is 100 % for this because the results ( due to a proper understanding of the causes and mechanism of the condition not available from the medical system that caused this condition in the first place ...go figure) are far and above what the official system offers.

results speak for themselves

there is hope

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

To the OP, great thread!!!

To cooperton, well said! I am doing a lot of research lately on some girl issues I'm having, and am having no luck finding well-crafted research addressing even the most basic questions I have. Very little out there about nutrients and how they support or oppose activities and chemicals in the female hormone cycle. Even less about common variations of "normal" of the cycle itself.

I guess its hard to study that on caged male animals.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

This is very true. I find also that it takes ages for the medical system to catch up to new/changed evidence or facts. In fact, more and more it's being discovered that saturated fat is not the villain everyone thought it was, and that in fact, avoiding it like the plague can actually cause the things eating it is supposed to be causing. But I guess it takes a lot of effort to establish something in the medical community through literature, promulgation, education, practice, and when things change, people don't want to bother.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
The vast majority of false medical information is on the interwebs...I've told many patients to NOT Google the information, but instead, to use trusted, legit sources of information.

It sounds like the OP issue is directed towards the clinical research literature. Research can be affected by so many different variables, which is unfortunate. When the big companies use these skewed results as fact, it hurts no one but the consumer.

Well, I would completely disagree with people NOT Googling information, and instead say DO Google it, but do it intelligently - know the difference between someone's opinion on their blog and intelligent information. The medical community is far too much "one size fits all" or if they don't understand something or know what it is, too often do the place in you in some category/box/medication anyway. The amount of simple, easy ways to get over health problems that exists that doctors don't have a clue about is simply too large to ignore.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
For those who appreciate a bit of clarity, the issues being described by these eminent editors are not exactly the ones that agitate the minds of those who believe in alternative medicine or distrust mainstream remedies and practitioners.

There is a great gulf between medical research, which is what they're talking about, and medical practice which is what most lay folk are concerned with.

Obviously the two are connected; but the connexion between them is a long chain indeed. In practice, treatments are seen to work, or not to work, and this must surely affect their uptake by medical practitioners. It is true that doctors get a lot of pressure from drug companies, etc, to push new treatments, but really, that's a different problem and needs to be dealt with some other way. The solution to this problem is for medical journals to be more stringent in their acceptance criteria for submitted papers.

edit on 23/5/15 by Astyanax because: of square brackets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join