It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the candidates of both parties aren't talking about.....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'm nor sure if this is a media issue in that they aren't giving much exposure to the biggest issue we face or avoidance by the all candidates, but where's the economic fix? Jobs? Deficit spending issues?

Returning industry to a nation who was the best at it in it's day?

Nothing.

We hear about the semantical differences on whether we should have gone into Iraq, increasing or decreasing immigration arguments, Isis and the ME, Iran...pretty much anything other than the economy and the game-plan to fixing, or at least improving it.

Perhaps both sides know that a 'fix' in either the left or right direction will step on many, many vested toes, from the top of the food chain right down to the bottom.

That fix, whatever it is, will be a tough nut to crack and, IMO, needs a clear cut mandate from the people to even have a chance of success.

Will someone please step up to the plate and address this?
edit on 22-5-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I really think the "fix" is take the boot off of everybody's neck and allow people to keep their money and conduct business unencumbered by interventionism. No federal program will help everybody in the way that that will.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It's sad, they don't represent or care about us. TPP is proof of that.

If the TPP passes you can forget about returning industry to the U.S....ever

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Industry left because of originally NAFTA.

It made all the factories move to Mexico.

Then the next trade deal is the reason everything you see went from made in america, to made in China.

Which is when the once then up and coming Mexican economy got its legs cut out from under it.

As all the factoriesoved to China.

Put import export tariffs back in place, the factories will come back.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

No one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it.

-George Orwell

And power has been seized. I'm afraid it'll take a fight to get it back.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

We here about the semantical differences on whether we should have gone into Iraq

You correctly point out that the media is complicit in a giant deception and betrayal of the American people.
Your apathy about war crimes, crimes against humanity, treason and mass murder is appalling. It's not semantic or trivial.

Americas brand of faux government, it's police state, military adventurism, cultural ignorance & corporate predation are unneeded and unwanted on Earth.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

In general, I agree. There is a balance between the two, however.

Totally unrestrained, business will take 'liberties' . Too restrained and we all suffer.

We can see where things need fixing. Where's the candidates on it??

Are they all cowards?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noobarino

We will basically a service sector economy.

That's where most of the jobs are right now.

They are lowest paying jobs, and most workers in the service sector is mostly on welfare.

People would just work themselves to death just trying to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Maybe NAFTA played a bigger starting point than I had given it credit for.

A lot of that had been in place before it was formalized, from what I can see. The auto industry had plants in Canada for a long time before NAFTA. G.M. had it's engines built in Mexico, at least some of them well before NAFTA, as well.

As usual, what seemed innocuous was merely a stepping stone for what we face these days.

I've often said we should withdraw from the WTO, then place increasing import tariffs on manufactured goods as a real fast fix. It would perturb off the rest of the world...but,so what?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Then be appalled. Kindly stay on topic or start your own thread. Your particular mantra is well exposed elsewhere.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

It's easier to give speeches on minimum wage increases instead of discussing why all the 85k/year jobs have vanished.

At one time, a few years ago, I saidd that the high unemployment, the poor economy, high numbers on food stamps, would become the "new normal".

I was right.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Your not going to here anything yet because the reelection is a little ways out...wait for the debates and then you can hear about the deficiits and the lack of employment...but why does it matter..they are lying to us regardless what they say...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Yes you were.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Then be appalled. Kindly stay on topic or start your own thread. Your particular mantra is well exposed elsewhere.

I believe this is the industry and the rewards you are looking for. Enjoy your blood money.

$4B in military hardware sales for Saudi Arabia, Israel and Iran.

edit on 22-5-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

Calling Iraq a semantic argument defiles you
edit on 22-5-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

NAFTA was the precursor. Read the statement from George Ball in the article below, it's from 1967; describes pretty much in detail what we know of the TPP today.

Source

George Ball, a globalist of the first water who kept himself busy on Wall Street when he wasn't Undersecretary of State for presidents Kennedy and Johnson, had a Just Between You and Me moment with the Congressional Joint Economic Committee in 1967. Ball laid out his plan for a world managed by multinational corporations. As he described it, that meant curbing those pesky little things known as "individual national governments."

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noobarino

I just heard an ad on the radio yesterday.... It was my current a hole US Senator extolling the virtues of TPP.

If it is so effing great, why the hell do they have to run advertisements on the freaking radio for it?

The same goes for Common Core Education.... why the hell do I hear ads on the radio telling me how great a govt program is???

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
I'm nor sure if this is a media issue in that they aren't giving much exposure to the biggest issue we face or avoidance by the all candidates, but where's the economic fix? Jobs? Deficit spending issues?

Oh they are doing something about the economic fix, for their wealthy backers and keeping it secret

It is called the TPP

Oh, you mean for the majority of Americans

Well......

represent.us...

Study: Congress literally doesn’t care what you think

One thing that does have an influence? Money. While the opinions of the bottom 90% of income earners in America have a “statistically non-significant impact,” Economic elites, business interests, and people who can afford lobbyists still carry major influence.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

It dove-tails with a couple of 'white-papers' that were published around the same time in Canada and the U.S. where massive immigration would be the 'real solution' to upcoming Social Security' problems in the future.

I suspect that this issue, amongst others, will push this past the tipping point after the next presidential elections. No substantive results and the SHTF....

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The rebut we need on the TPP is "Great, then please tell us every Corporation who is involved, and every agreement that is proposed and let it stand on it's own merits".

Then you will have our support. WHY HIDE IT??

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

This gov't has deficit spent TRILLIONS. What you say, '4 Billion', is peanuts when taken from overview. You stress that deal, the truth is, it's not a big deal.

Maybe even a good one....that's a topic for another thread...hint, tint.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join