It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police investigate after pork placed on Holocaust memorial in Lynn, MA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This has been on Local TV News for the last few days. Someone (most likely a dumb kid) threw some pork in front of a Holocaust Memorial in Lynn, Ma. Instead of just throwing it away they decided to make a big deal about it as a Hate Crime because "Kosher Law" prohibits the eating of any kind of pork.
On top of this a $1,500 Reward is offered up by Police (Taxpayers) to anyone with information on who is responsible. More

Meanwhile in Texas you a women of Jewish Faith, Pamela Geller stoking up a fire with a Mohammed Cartoon Contest and claiming it is Freedom of expression and Freedom of Speech. Also Anti "Sharia Law" being passed in the Texas Senate. No hate Crime here.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
This has been on Local TV News for the last few days. Someone (most likely a dumb kid) threw some pork in front of a Holocaust Memorial in Lynn, Ma. Instead of just throwing it away they decided to make a big deal about it as a Hate Crime because "Kosher Law" prohibits the eating of any kind of pork.
On top of this a $1,500 Reward is offered up by Police (Taxpayers) to anyone with information on who is responsible. More

Meanwhile in Texas you a women of Jewish Faith, Pamela Geller stoking up a fire with a Mohammed Cartoon Contest and claiming it is Freedom of expression and Freedom of Speech. Also Anti "Sharia Law" being passed in the Texas Senate. No hate Crime here.

Don't the police have anything better to do other than investigate garbage? They might want to use their time wisely and investigate city, local and statewide officials and politicians.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
this story is pathetic.
It's not a matter of hate crimes or anything like that, it's just a matter of american's fetish to turn everyone into a criminal and hopefully put more people in the overcrowded jails.

i don't like wasting food like that, but Godspeed, pork tossing man.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Remember that time it was okay to pee on a war vet's memorial?
Yeah, me either.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Next town over...didnt hear about this...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Remember that time it was okay to pee on a war vet's memorial?
Yeah, me either.
That's an interesting perspective.
Here in the UK peeing on a war memorial would result in a minor public order charge, but peeing on a holocaust memorial could result in a 'Hate Crime' charge. Much more enhanced and harsher sentencing by judges.

Crimes committed against someone because of their disability, gender-identity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation are hate crimes and should be reported to the police.

Hate crimes directed at any other groups of people are apparently not deemed hateful enough to warrant protection in law.
Personally I don't get it, hate is hate no matter who the victim is.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Crazy thing about this is why dissing on someones diet is a hate crime, it has nothing to do with holocaust.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The truth is that everyone hates everyone.

Dems hate conservatives. Blacks and whites are up in arms against one another and police enforcement.

Muslims versus Americans.

The poor versus the rich.

Nothing surprises me--not the least of which is a piece of pork being thrown somewhere.

There are more horrible atrocities that make the news each day

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
What an asinine religion to ban bacon. It's against nature, I tell you!!

top topics

join