It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Anti Sharia Law' Measure Passes Texas Senate

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: intrptr

Why do you think there's an anti Muslim movement there intrptr? Do you think it could be all the westerns heads they've cut off on hd t.v or maybe the genocide of vast ethnic groups. Or maybe that violent extremism springs out of Islam faster than rabbits can pump out bunnys. Perhaps it's the realization this religion needs a renaissance like the other major religions experienced, that they need to evolve or disappear. Surely you can find a reason other than rasict white republicans right?

Yah, 2000 lb. bombs raining down. Go on about how many people are beheaded by those, how much destruction in their cities and how much that is helping…

but you won't. You been brain washed by the propaganda or are part of the industrial hate complex.

You poor thing you suffer so at the hand of the Muslims…

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I don't know but the way I see it is this.
It is your country, make your laws.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun
SR! You could never look silly.. Will do next time, but FYI there is a way to see which post was replied too, so the pressure doesn't only ly with me,

Furthermore, I'm a Texas man and I don't believ that garbage I also don't participate in Kenya birth record nonsense. Most people I know don't as well, however I am in the professional world so that may be Why, not to say it doesn't exist here just that it's not prevalent. Thus I was asking for proof rather than cuts at Texans and if your from Texas you shouldn't put us down! Come on represent.

Disclaimer:
Last comment was playful please respond in jest and not criticisms or accusations of nationalism or blind patriotism. Lol

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Dude don't paint me as a whiner your totally in the weeds! I don't care which came first ! The chicken or the egg. I can tell you this, we have a situation and I know where I stand I also know where you stand, sympathizing with the enemy. This is why there is no use in us talking because you are not my kind, you are a problem.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I know where I stand I also know where you stand, sympathizing with the enemy. This is why there is no use in us talking because you are not my kind, you are a problem.

War and those that wage or support war are the problem…

your enemy is you.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Errrrrent wrong answer, I know we are over here drinking the utopian koolaid thing is, war is a reality and dividing lines are too, and if your on the wrong side of that line you may just loose You life. Its a concept that is a reality because it has real consequences wether you agree or not, you'll always be partial to your own life, and who is it that you think would kill you? Me Or the Islamic extremeist?
edit on 22-5-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Statistically I have higher chance of dying to many things other then a muslim terrorist/extremist.
Like since we are both white males, I have much higher chance of you killing me.
Something like 85% if white peolle are killed by other white people.

Shoot I am more likely to get killed by a cop then a terrorist.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Didnt ask for statistics, they arent relevant we are talking ideology here. who is it that you think would kill you? Me Or the Islamic extremeist?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Ya who wants to look at stats that show the actual chance. You know based on actual occurrences.
My answer stays the same, I have more of a chance to be killed by a white male/female then a muslim.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ya who wants to look at stats that show the actual chance. You know based on actual occurrences.
My answer stays the same, I have more of a chance to be killed by a white male/female then a muslim.

Why not defend against both? Given that statistically they are both relative, why not right?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Its a concept that is a reality

Delusional thinking

wether you agree or not

You're right, I don't agree.

who is it that you think would kill you?

Do you really worry about this?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This is particularly dangerous, being that it's TEXAS.

Texas is one of two States (the other being California) that are actually former Republics. It could be argued that Texas isn't really part of the United States when it comes to Governing, meaning that it could also be argued that Federal US law could be considered "Foreign".

A smart lawyer might take a look at this law and decide that he or she could argue that US Federal law doesn't apply anymore in Texas.

Given that Texas is a revenue negative state (takes more from Federal Government that it puts in) this could affect many, many Texas recipients of Federal benefits in a major way.

Any smart lawyers out there want to challenge US Federal Jurisdiction over Texas now this law has been passed?

I also question how this would affect NAFTA, a law passed by Mexico that directly affects how trade is conducted with the United States, as well as several other international treaties requiring input from Texas.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
SO they are stopping Other religions and counties
coming in and totally ignoring the local laws.

can we go to their counties and totally ignore their laws?
No! this is like a invading army!

they have no intention of being a part of the counties.
they come in as Invaders !
or the quiet war!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I love seeing people that preach for the 1st amendment, cry that the government creates too many laws, and fall for a joke like this to feel more safe.

Keep it up it cant get any better than this.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Who is coming in and ignoring the laws?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Then I don't see why people are upset.

It should be rather apparent why people are criticizing this bill no? Because it's sole purpose is for political pandering to the religious ignorant masses of Texas (because Sharia law already cannot be legally enforced) and it's a waste of tax payer money. Time could be better spent on issues of poverty, job creation, single parents etc.? More pressing matters?

The question really should be, why aren't you upset as a fiscal and social conservative? hmm.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: beezzer

Then I don't see why people are upset.

It should be rather apparent why people are criticizing this bill no? Because it's sole purpose is for political pandering to the religious ignorant masses of Texas (because Sharia law already cannot be legally enforced) and it's a waste of tax payer money. Time could be better spent on issues of poverty, job creation, single parents etc.? More pressing matters?

The question really should be, why aren't you upset as a fiscal and social conservative? hmm.

Maybe it is just a political statement... Don't mess with Texas... I think I'll TM that.....

BTW Texas is doing rather well to other states, so I'm missing your point...

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The point is no foreign law in Tx courts . As it should be.

But when reciprocal treaties are entered into By US Gov. things could get ugly.

Does a child custody case of a foreign family bridging 2 countries get resolved ? We give custody to Mom another country only Dad never a Mom. No out side influence on our courts. Or owe money to a bank with interest but interest is illegal in certain religions. Im a of a certain religion your usury has no claim on me. We CANT HAVE A 2 TIERED SYSTEM . One town in Tx already had a certain religion push for a separate court system .

They are trying to stop the creep of foreign laws into our system like a certain religion has done in France England and several European countries.

If they want foreign laws go live there .
edit on Saturday201520310853102America/Chicago23 by Lostinthedarkness because: misspelling and clarity

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Because, at heart, I am an anarchist.

Fiscally conservative? I hate the idea that government can spend my money better than myself.

Social conservative? I'm for gay marriage, pro pot.

You can call me a cheese sandwich for all I care.
edit on 23-5-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

"No laws from foreign courts"

Christianity is technically foreign, is it not?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join