It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING!!! New Scam...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm not worried.

I've been helping out some Nigerian Royalty and am expecting 3.4 million in my account in a few days.

All I had to do was give them my account info and PIN number.

So a few hundred is nothing compared to the millions I'll be getting!

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Oh, beezzer if I help off my royal friends that send me E-mails all the time, I would be able to buy a couple Islands and live the life while declaring myself supreme ruler.

You are soo funny;.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Don't you owe me some money, Bunny-man? Three or four hundred thousand wasn't it????

Yeah, that was it.

Make sure you remember.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm not worried.

I've been helping out some Nigerian Royalty and am expecting 3.4 million in my account in a few days.

All I had to do was give them my account info and PIN number.

So a few hundred is nothing compared to the millions I'll be getting!

What a coincidence!

Man we are both really lucky guys.

Wait a second it only cost you a few hundred? Damn it.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Thanks for the info......What kind of scumbags target the elderly.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

What kind of scumbags target the elderly.

Any of them.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Does anyone else find it weird that the older, and presumably more experienced we get, the more susceptible to being targeted for con jobs and scams we seem to be?

I mean, logically i would have thought it ought to be the young, less worldly people who would be targeted.

Older people ought to have seen just about everything, encountered almost all types of people from the kind and helpful to the scumbag scam artists and all types in between...why or how the hell does someone with decades on the clock, with experience of life's darker sides, seem to be suckered in so easily to trust these scum?

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Whenever you receive a phone call from an unknown caller, enter the number in a search engine. If it is a legitimate business or agency, you will find its webpage. If it is a scam, it will call up a number of sites that track such things.

I recently received an hysterical call from my mother, who thought that the IRS had just called her to tell her that she owed them an enormous amount of money. "What did the letter they sent you say?" I asked. "I never got a letter," she replied. "Then it wasn't the IRS." I suggested she look the number up. It turned out to be a scam, of course. "That would explain the foreign accent," she concluded.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Just having the common sense that nothing legally binding is ever going to be transmitted by telephone, and you are good to go.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I had a job for 2 weeks in college where I put on a headset, and a computer automatically called people, I would ask them to donate to the State Fraternal Order of Police. I quit because it was a scam. First of all, only elderly people would donate or not hang up, and 2nd off, I think it was a front for something else. If I answer my phone and someone wants money, I hang up. I don't know why some people even listen, or give their hard earned money away to some company who only puts 1% of your "donation" towards the cause, and pockets the rest. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

An acquaintance of mine, who is about as sharp as a bowling ball, fell for the old "this is the IRS calling" phone scam. Gave them all his personal information. Needless to say, they got a hold of his tax refund check last year instead of him. I almost want to say that he deserved to be fleeced for being so naive, but it certainly doesn't make what those scumbags did to him right. Especially since you know they are doing the very same thing to the elderly, mentally and physically handicapped, etc. And they are doing it with enough success that it warrants their continuing the scam. Even if it only works once out of a hundred times, that is still a nice score for them.

Sadly, more often than not, they are sitting in an internet cafe in some third world country where they are virtually beyond the reach of our law enforcement. At worst they may scam the wrong person and 20/20 or Dateline will track them down. But that is only a slight inconvenience for them.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Thank you for this info, it makes me lose faith in humanity that people would scam the elderly. But then again, the world is a pretty f'd up place.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

That is not good

<< 1  2  3   >>

join