It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autoplay Videos when Opening Threads - NOT COOL

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

@Arbitrageur: thank you for providing this information. I had no idea that this was a security issue or that I could find an addon to stop all auto plays. I will work with my husband to find a solution that suits me, stops auto play, and (hopefully) makes my computer a little more secure.

@Don'tTreadonMe: thank you. I truly believe if there were a site wide vote, "no auto play" would win out. The fact the video auto played surprised me as I've never clicked on another ATS thread that did that and I feel it takes away from the integrity of the site.

@At all other posters: thank you for your thread contributions and flags.

edit on 5/22/15 by Ameilia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This is one reason why i like to use Noscript addon. It allows me to temporary allow a page script to load or not. I never have to worry about Jesse videos auto playing. I use it to block facebook.net and other data mining sites from running scripts.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

I love Jesse and his videos. But I will no longer open a thread if the vid autoplays.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
There goes my vote.
Sorry Jesse.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Unable to flag this post (says "fail", but I totally agree, annoying. Once any video starts, I have to completely exit the app on my phone, and start over! There is no longer a "back" arrow option.

Quite annoying.

a reply to: Ameilia

top topics

<< 1   >>

join