It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toy Poodle watches TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Whenever Im watching TV and my toy poodle is in room he always notices everytime ANYTHING with 4 legs is on the screen. Not just dogs and cats, but horses, tigers, giraffes, lions, heck even a person just crawling on hands and knees. He just starts barking and running up to the TV. I always thought dogs could never see the images from a TV, but he sure can! And also, why is he barking at these things??

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: croatianguy

He's communicating with them of course. Animals do think. He notices 4 legged creatures and is calling out to them. He's probably wondering why they don't step into the room to play with him though as dogs are not very good at understanding mirrors and the concept of TV, lol. I hope you find it as charming as I do.

edit on 22-5-2015 by aboutface because: sticky letter c

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I've had dogs that liked certain music and would lay in front of the speakers even when it was at a volume that would normally drive them out of the room. But tv... that's unusual. Do you have a video?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
I've had dogs that liked certain music and would lay in front of the speakers even when it was at a volume that would normally drive them out of the room. But tv... that's unusual. Do you have a video?

No vid but good idea to upload one. Its hilarious. So is it only the smart dogs that can actually watch TV? Toy poodles are 2nd smartest in world if that has anything to do with it.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

He's communicating with them of course. Animals do think. He notices 4 legged creatures and is calling out to them. He's probably wondering why they don't step into the room to play with him though as dogs are not very good at understanding mirrors and the concept of TV, lol. I hope you find it as harming as I do.

haha, he ends up running all the way outside to the backyard and barking thinking they are somehow there.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Haha so he's one of the rare few dogs smart enough to catch what's actually on the tv and then he runs outside looking for them.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Cats watch tv as well. My cat seemed to like planet of the apes movie on the Golden Gate Bridge scene.so I played for her on my iPad and she enjoyed it for quite awhile. She also has cat game apps on my iPad she can obviously see.
Not sure if there's dog apps. I only see YouTube videos of cats playing ipad games.

Most cats like watching tennis, back and forth, head going side to side watching the ball, or trying to paw at the hockey puck during a hockey game.

They have favourite songs too lol. Of course it's the same as my favourites

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
We had a maltese/poodle who used to do the same thing. Maybe it's a poodle thing?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
We had a maltese/poodle who used to do the same thing. Maybe it's a poodle thing?

It must be a poodle thing. My parents have a Bichon and it never notices the TV at all. I also notice he tends to watch the screen if lots of things are happening and moving - like big budget action and sci fi movies. For a movie like Beverly Hills Chiuahaha he started barking at the screen for the first 5 mins then eventually settled and got used to all the dogs for the rest of the movie and never barked again, just watching intently with fascination on and off. Funny how their mind works.

top topics

join