It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Jury INDICTS All Six Officers in Freddie Gray Death

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

No I clearly heard in tandem with the misconduct charges illegal arrest.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

And they count on apathy due to racism to achieve it. Bad news for poor white folks though, they're next. Poverty is the new black.
edit on 5/21/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: Greathouse

At the beginning only three were charged with false imprisonment. I don't feel like going back and watching it again, but I know I heard in this press conference illegal arrest at least twice.

Maybe you heard that they removed the false imprisonment charges.

The revised charges add reckless endangerment counts to all of the officers' cases, and remove false imprisonment charges that Mosby had announced after Gray's death was ruled a homicide.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Were those charges (false imprisonment) removed because the knife proved to be illegal?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
So is the grand jury part of this witch hunt that everyone is saying is going on?

We already have one comment that his is a biased decision...

Seems to me that regular citizens saw the evidence that we are not aware of and thought the same thing as the prosecutor.
edit on stThu, 21 May 2015 18:15:41 -0500America/Chicago520154180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Is this a ham sandwich indictment?

Or is there any real evidence?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Is this a ham sandwich indictment?

Or is there any real evidence?

It's just good that it's going to trial so that Americans can see that their police forces are NOT above the law. It also sends a message that police brutality will not be swept under the rug. Nothing but good can come from this.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Those charges were adjusted to illegal arrest. I'm tired of repeating myself didn't any of you people actually watch the press conference? It will take you guys 2 minutes and 30 seconds to end 90% of of the ridiculous missinformation on this thread.

edit on 21-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: Greathouse

At the beginning only three were charged with false imprisonment. I don't feel like going back and watching it again, but I know I heard in this press conference illegal arrest at least twice.

Maybe you heard that they removed the false imprisonment charges.

The revised charges add reckless endangerment counts to all of the officers' cases, and remove false imprisonment charges that Mosby had announced after Gray's death was ruled a homicide.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Were those charges (false imprisonment) removed because the knife proved to be illegal?

I don't know, the article didn't say. But, from the research that I did on the "knife problem", Baltimore's knife laws seem to be really vague. They seems to be written so that just about any knife could be illegal, especially if concealed. But, Gray's knife was clipped to his pocket. I think it was just too questionable a charge to pursue.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Do you have anything to show that it doesn't have any evidence?

Would you be saying the same thing if they came back not charging the officers?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

..................ridiculous missinformation on this thread.

I'm just quoting from the Huffington Post article.

The revised charges add reckless endangerment counts to all of the officers' cases, and remove false imprisonment charges that Mosby had announced after Gray's death was ruled a homicide. Below are the charges, followed by their maximum sentences:

Officer Caesar R. Goodson, Jr.
Second degree depraved heart murder (30 yrs.)
Manslaughter (involuntary) (10 yrs.)
Assault/second degree (10 yrs.)
Manslaughter by vehicle (gross negligence) (10 yrs.)
Manslaughter by vehicle (criminal negligence) (3 yrs.)
Misconduct in office
Reckless endangerment (5 yrs.)

Officer William G. Porter
Assault/second degree (10 yrs.
Misconduct in office

Lt. Brian W. Rice
Misconduct in office
Misconduct in office

Officer Edward M. Nero
Misconduct in office
Misconduct in office

Officer Garrett E. Miller
Misconduct in office
Misconduct in office

Sgt. Alicia D. White
Misconduct in office

And NBC News

When Mosby announced the charges on May 1, she said Gray had been wrongly arrested, because the knife found on him was not illegal. At least one of the officers has since argued that the knife was illegal.

The dropped false imprisonment charges could reflect new evidence in that regard.
www.nbcnews.com...

edit on 21-5-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I understand, that has been one of my main points from the beginning of the Freddy gray case. At the May 1st Press conference all the news organizations miss quoted and misrepresented what she said. Now in the May 21st Press conference all the news sites have done it again.

For some reason they want the entire country focusing on the knife when in reality they have no idea what her strategy is for the misconduct charges?

Sorry if I appeared to blow a gasket, it's just a little aggravating when you repeat something. And instead of people checking the information from the horses mouth they continually go to a horses ass. ( the MSM)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Love it

First it's waa waa waa the American cops are brutising us

Now it's waa waa waa the American police are being sacrificed in a witch hunt....

Right ok

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Nothing but good can come from this.

Don't be so sure on this. If these cops are found not guilty there are going to be a lot of upset people. We may even see riots worse than what has already happened.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Maybe the illegal arrest charges are coupled with the misconduct charges?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Well to be fair, those that made the first comment are usually not the ones making the second one.

Those making the second one usually have the attitude of "Don't break the law and you have nothing to worry about".

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

It sounds that way when she reads her statement at the press conference.

I posted it above it's 2 minutes and 30 seconds long. I would suggest everyone listen to her words then compare it to how badly the MSM has represented what she said.

I would also suggest that everyone goes back to the May 1 press conference. Every news organization left the most prominent fact of her statements out. She said and I paraphrase, after his arrest at the first stop he was re-cuffed shackled and put headfirst into the police van. She also states that in between that stop in the next unscheduled stop is when Freddy gray received his injuries.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It's nice to progress in this issue. Hopefully justice will be served, sending a message to all corrupt cops out there that this type of behavior won't be tolerated.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
i bet they are sitting around thinking they have a chance of not being found guilty. but as cops they should realize that they will be found guilty and the Judge will have very little room during sentencing.

when exactly do people who fill out job applications to work for the Police decide the law no longer applies to them?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Illegal Arrest is the misconduct charge. It should be written in type like this... Misconduct of Office: Illegal Arrest.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Good...we actually have access to due process, now, and at the very least, his family deserves to know what happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join