It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese State Companies Will Soon Have Direct Access to Lobby Congress via Lawfirm Mega Merger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So, a law firm Mega-Merger providing Chinese influence directly into US Lobbying via Newt Gingrich and Howard Dean (and other influential former politicians / lobbyist.)

Just in time for the new TPP!

firstlook.org...

Dacheng, one of the biggest law firms in the People’s Republic of China, is set to merge with two major American law firms, Dentons and McKenna Long & Aldridge, making it the largest law firm in the world.

The merger will reportedly give Chinese companies that Dacheng represents — including major Chinese state-owned firms — access to advice from attorneys and policy professionals in the United States employed by Dentons and McKenna Long — and vice versa. McKenna Long and Dentons also engage in lobbying, giving Dacheng’s clients a new avenue for understanding and influencing the American system.

The arrangement will bring together a unique arrangement of policy professionals all under the same roof. The new mega-firm will employ, via Dentons: former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, former Democratic National Committee Chair Joe Andrew, and former Rep. Van Hilleary, R-Tenn., among others. McKenna Long’s political roster includes: former Democratic National Committee Chair Howard Dean, former D.C. Mayor Anthony Williams, former Rep. Bill Owens, D-N.Y., and former Sen. Gary Hart, D-Colo. Many of the individuals, like Hart, do not have a law degree or practice law, but work in the “government affairs” departments of the two firms, a catch-all phrase to describe lobbying-related business.

edit on 21-5-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Have anything to do with the TPP?
ETA oh most assuredly it does...the global agenda is certainly fast tracking in 2015... and they arent going to let any of us have a voice.

senate passes fast track, pope being considered by th UN as head of I ter church relations and now this...bunch of crap rolling downhill soon I surmise.

a reply to: infolurker

edit on 21-5-2015 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2015 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
All Lawyers are sworn Crown Templar loyalists.

All goes back to Roman times.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

America, home of the PRICE TAG

Now, for a small fortune ANY COUNTRY can own a piece of the "Land of the Free"

I guess "Land of the Free" is really "Land of the FEE" because money is all it takes

Mccutcheon versus FEC was bad, TPP is f#####, and THIS IS F##### TOO

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
All Lawyers are sworn Crown Templar loyalists.

All goes back to Roman times.

What exactly are you referring to about Crown Templar? Can you elaborate at all? of U2U me about it please?? I have an immediate family member who is a family law attorney so this is intriguing!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Everybody else is lobbying congress, so why not Chinese state companies? Our government makes the rules. If congress truly represented the people, they would abolish lobbying altogether. Unfortunately, the government doesn't allow the majority to vote on matters that directly affect its citizens. Just add this to the heap of corporate and foreign influence already walking the halls of congress!

top topics

join