It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What [if anything] does the existence of unsolved cases really prove?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

And there is also a number 3:

3: Some people coming here from other solar systems who are curious about the earth's tribal warfare conditions where we threaten each other with atomic bombs, kill each other, etc. etc.

There is a ton of evidence showing this is true, and our own government has come to that conclusion in past studies, estimates, and reports.

This is not currently politically correct, and so people are ridiculed, careers destroyed, people are targeted and killed for reporting on UFO's (in past cases where investigators got too close).

This is what Major Donald Keyhoe stated back when blue book was being all hyped in 1958 when he was interviewed by Mike Wallace, who never even did his homework on the subject before interviewing Keyhoe, but just parroted what he was told to say by the Air force office of special investigations.

Sadly enough, this is still the deal today. Say it is "aliens" and your toast pretty much.

And I know you already know all of this.

I believe the answer is the one that is the most resisted by society.
edit on 29-5-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

There's the tendency to try and lump all sightings into a single category that will allow "ETH" to be the single explanation.
edit on 29-5-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

indeed , there no end to the variation , I recently read of a sighting way back in the 19th century , the cigar shaped ship in question had tentacle's .. imagine seeing that

the fiery wheels with spokes *u.s.o''s* that were also regularly seen by ships captains and crews in the 19th century,

quite a lot of different shapes

there's quite a lot to take into consideration considering the vast volumes of data.. have you read any of forts work ?

funbox

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 111DPKING111
As you suggest, he is straight up lieing or he isnt, however he isnt alone...
While I wouldn't rule that out, it wasn't my intent to suggest that he was lying. You mention "his particular vantage point", and "he isn't alone"; who else had his vantage point if he wasn't alone?

The research subjects in this research got many details wrong in their recollections and I don't accuse any of them of lying:

You Have No Idea What Happened (You get many details wrong when recalling past memories)

edit on 29-5-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

There's the tendency to try and lump all sightings into a single category that will allow "ETH" to be the single explanation.

I agree completely draknoir. To my knowledge there are many different alien races active here, even if one or two of these aliens are the most dominant, there are still perhaps dozens of other alien races, by some accounts, and they probably have completely different origins, from different home worlds, using different methods of travel.

Even with the discussion limited to just the greys, I'm not comfortable saying ETH only, or inter dimensional only, or time travel only, or spiritual plane only. They may well be a combination of all of the above. I have no idea as to where they come from and how, and I have dealt with them directly.

I think the only safe thing to say is that they prefer to keep their origins secret from us.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

Don't forget the possibility of sentient technology.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

no strings on you bro ..

funbox

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox

there's quite a lot to take into consideration considering the vast volumes of data.. have you read any of forts work ?

funbox

Tried to cheat and google it, but no. Not familiar with it. Link?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

no prob , chapters 24 onwards deal with uso's

you may find it odd adjusting at first

funbox

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

That devils have visited this earth: foreign devils: human-like beings, with pointed beards: good singers; one shoe ill-fitting—but with sulphurous exhalations, at any rate. I have been impressed with the frequent occurrence of sulphurousness with things that come from the sky. A fall of jagged pieces of ice, Orkney, July 24, 1818 (Trans. Roy. Soc. Edin., 9-187). They had a strong sulphurous odor. And the coke—or the substance that looked like coke—that fell at Mortrée, France, April 24, 1887: with it fell a sulphurous substance. The enormous round things that rose from the ocean, near the Victoria. Whether we still accept that they were super-constructions that had come from a denser atmosphere and, in danger of disruption, had plunged into the ocean for relief, then rising and continuing on their way to Jupiter or Uranus—it was reported that they spread a "stench of sulphur." At any rate, this datum of proximity is against the conventional explanation that these things did not rise from the ocean, but rose far away above the horizon, with illusion of nearness.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

the tip of the iceburg

but not the storey I was referring to

ill pick up the book , for fun , name a year between 1830-1900 , ill even let you exclude the year 1886

funbox

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Book's free:

www.gutenberg.org...

He has an interesting presentation style.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

well Bro , you know what they say about free things in life, hope you enjoy as much as I did,

has a hell of a lot of data in the four books , I did hear somebody was collating the data in a website/database ,will be easier to find correlates once it's up

funbox

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Thanks for the link.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2
a reply to: Scdfa

Don't forget the possibility of sentient technology.

You're right.
I recall hearing of a case where several people camping were abducted by robots, or mechanical beings. Not the LaRubia case from Brazil, which is also mechanical, I'll have to look it up.
I've heard it rumored that the Transformers movies keep getting made with a push from TPTB to prepare people for something like that. But I have no knowledge of it, just something I heard over the years.
edit on 30-5-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
originally posted by: Arbitrageur

While I wouldn't rule that out, it wasn't my intent to suggest that he was lying.

I think its a fair point to say he or any other ufo witness is lying, not that they actually are, but since we know people do lie on occasion thats the easiest explanation which imo should be preferred.

You mention "his particular vantage point", and "he isn't alone"; who else had his vantage point if he wasn't alone?

He did mention other students had also jumped the fence, but thats not what I meant. If you read or listen to any of the witnesses, they all agree on the same basic shape and that the it was moving up and down through the campus before eventually taking off.

The research subjects in this research got many details wrong in their recollections and I don't accuse any of them of lying:

It is an interesting study, I do wonder of R.Ts religious class had a TV, seems odd she would transpose herself from her dorm room to there.

However there are some key differences here, this was not a traumatic event for all the students as this study was suggesting tramautic events scar the brain. For many of the students, this was more like recalling a day at an amusement park, they were chasing this thing down.

Secondly they werent passive observers to this event like the students watching the shuttle explosion, they were actively engaged in the event.

But most importantly, in the study and the westall case, everyone recalled the highlights - the saucer disc or the shuttle exploding. I have no doubts details are forgotten or the order of events may not be to the letter, but the craft maneuvering through the campus and then shooting off, thats all we need. Im not sure why you dont see it as anti-grav?

The same with the Belgium flap beginning in Eupen. 3 different locations(Lake, dispatchers office, La Calamine), 2 sets of officers and 1 dispatcher, all record seeing the same basic craft = triangle shaped, 3 corner white lights, 1 red in the middle, and a drone device shooting out and returning. IMO the sighting is absolutely confirmed, regardless of what any study says.
edit on 31-5-2015 by 111DPKING111 because: edit tag quagmire

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I didnt quite understand your question.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg
Probably the wrong time to post this (maybe)

The problem with you is that you have no romance in your soul.

No wonder, or a leap of the imagination. You don't have any "what ifs" or "maybe it might be possible" type of thinking, which is exactly what makes this particular forum so entertaining.

I often wonder why we have "resident sceptics" on ATS. It's as if the admins believe we can't think for ourselves or we don't know when something doesn't ring true.

If something can't be explained it should be dismissed and erased from existence?

Now that's denying ignorance....

new topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join