It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

good spy, espionage, cia type movies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
im on a spy movie kick and im trying to some up with some new ones.

tonight im going to watch traitor. ive already seen it but not for a bit.
ive been running my list through my head of some good ones but i need some others.
of course all the bourne's
tinker tailer soldier spy
the good shepherd
enemy of the state
all the mission impossibles
the bonds
kingsman was pretty good
body of lies
patriot games
true lies
spy game
the recruit
eagle eye
the saint
ronin
salt was awesome(most people think it sucked but i liked it)

kind of drawing a blank on more.

any god ones?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

It looks like you have quite the list there. I've seen most of those and all were good.
Have you considered any of the James Bond movies? I don't care much for the blonde Bond but the others were excellent, in my opinion.
While not really a spy movie, The Game is exciting, action packed, and will leave you guessing. If you haven't seen it, try find it. You won't be sorry.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

i have considered the bond movies. i even went so far as to mention them in my post.

the game was good.

i watch a lot of movies so it is hard to find new stuff

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Always liked Clear and Present Danger. A Clancey. As to the Bourne movies, do yourself a favor and read the books. WAY better than the movies. And if you'll go that far check out Ludlum's The Icarus Agenda. Maybe his best.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

OOPSIE! I just went back and saw that you did mention the Bond movies. I don't see how I missed that.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
intrepid, ive read them. i read a a lot as well.

i wish they would make a movie from this book.

its by nelson demille and its called the charm school

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1432245732&sr=1-1&keywords=the+charm+school+by+nelson+d emille

On a dark road deep inside Russia, a young American tourist picks up a most unusual passenger a U.S. POW on the run with an incredible secret to reveal to an unsuspecting world. The secret concerns "The Charm School," a vast and astounding KGB conspiracy that stands poised against the very heartland of America. Arrayed against this renegade power of the Soviet state are three Americans: an Air Force officer, who will fly one last covert mission into the center of a mad experiment; an embassy liaison, who will have her hopes for a saner superpower balance brutally tested; and the chief of the CIA's Moscow station, who will find his intricate dance of destiny and death reaching its devastating conclusion

that book is great. think the illegals program and the show the americans except this came out decades before the americans.
i think that would be a great movie

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Not sure if this would fall into the category you are looking for, but THE DEPARTED is an excellent movie that has many of the themes you mentioned

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rexamus
Not sure if this would fall into the category you are looking for, but THE DEPARTED is an excellent movie that has many of the themes you mentioned

my all time fav
cant wait for part 2

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Have you seen Spielberg's "Munich" ? That was pretty good although not historically accurate.

Sal

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Long kiss goodnight
Remo Williams
Under siege
Sneakers
Red
Count of Monticristo
Four feathers
Total recall
The rock

edit on 07/11/2014 by Goldenwilys because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
My suggestion:

One recent film, Kingsman: The Secret Service.

This movie is surprisingly good. Kept me on my toes, never really knew what was gonna happen next. Very bloody, like a Kill Bill film mixed with Bourne/Bond movies.

One older film, The Departed.

This movie is a remake/reboot of a famous Chinese spy vs spy film called The Inferno Affairs. It's a really good movie none the less.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Three Days of the Condor

The Falcon and the Snowman

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: spoonbender

good call on the falcon and the snowman.
great movie.
sean penn was a creeper

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

The " Harry Palmer " films are good. Michael Caine starring as Harry Palmer. The first three films based on Novels written by Len Deighton.

The Films

The Ipcress File
Funeral In Berlin
Million Dollar Brain
Bullet To Beijing
Midnight In St Petersburg

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-5-2015 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Goldenwilys

those are all good too.
long kiss goodnight did not do well but i loved it. pretty sure the same dude wrote the script for the last boyscout too and we all know how awesome that was.

remo williams was one of my favs when i was a kid.

i didnt realize that red(kate mulgrew) from orange is the new black was in remo. she was the lady sarge.

joel gray was cool.

"im a a master of sinanju"
hahahah

remember the killer effects? at the end when remo runs across the water....the super visible huge as log

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The Secret Life of Ian Flemming

Great movie, based loosely on the author of the Bond stories. See who inspired "Q" and "Moneypenny", etc. A good movie in it's own right. If I recall right, I think Sean Connery's son, plays Ian.

Remo Williams, yep, one of my all time favorite classics. It's so bad it's good, and the character of Chuun, is like no other.

"Chuun, you're incredible!"

"No.....I am better than that...."

Others:

The Man With One Red Shoe

Cloak and Dagger

The Long Kiss Goodnight (as mentioned above)...I liked this one too.

Patriot Games

Hunt for Red October

Conspiracy Theory

Sneakers

Red

Red 2
edit on 3-6-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join