It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympia Wash. cop shoots 2 unarmed men in chest for shoplifting beer at safeway

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Not unless u spit it at the cops in Portland, supposedly it's a Felony.... Seriously though this story makes me Sick!!! WTH¿ www.liveleak.com...

edit on 22-5-2015 by spit69 because: NoReason

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
One wasn't using the skateboard as the other was. But both were shot.

"There was no threat, there was nothing in his hands," said Thompson.

Cop says they were both aggressive.
Source- King5

originally posted by: damwel
Can't they afford tasers in WA?

Yeah they can but they prefer to taser to death in some cases.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: spit69
a reply to: rossacus

Not unless u spit it at the cops in Portland, supposedly it's a Felony.... Seriously though this story makes me Sick!!! WTH¿ www.liveleak.com...

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Goatsgruff

I live in Olympia. I heard from an employee at Safeway the two stole beer earlier in the night then came back. When they were caught one threw a half rack of corona at the cashier's head and then ran. Have not heard about how they attacked the police with skateboards yet. But both were know criminals in our small town. I am waiting for more info before casting judgement on either party.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Can't say I'm surprised. And of course, there's no dashcam or bodycam footage & the only account being promoted is the officer's account. I wish them a speedy recovery, even if just so they can give their account. And hopefully, some onlooker has footage that will either be released to the public or used in court.

If the 2 suspects are found guilty of shoplifting, they deserve to do the time for it. But in no way do they deserve to die over this.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Yes, let's all feel bad for two low life criminals. What the heck has happened to this country when we celebrate a criminals lifestyle.

Feeling very sad over all this lately...

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

If they attacked with rhe skateboards then they had it coming.

But if they didn't then people are tired of seeing people get shot over petty crimes and are not willing to just take the word of the officer as fact.

I feel sad that this country celebrates the death of people so much.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Who is "celebrating" the criminal lifestyle? do tell.

I find it hard to swallow that after one of them being shot and running into the bushes they would re emerge and advance on the guy who just shot one, stranger things have happened so I can't dismiss it outright.

If they were dumb enough to attack then so be it.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
There are some reports that the officer was assaulted with a skateboard before the shooting.

maybe all officers of the law should be outfitted with skateboards, since these are considered deadly weapons, and they are a lot cheaper than guns.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Yes, let's all feel bad for two low life criminals. What the heck has happened to this country when we celebrate a criminals lifestyle.

maybe if we had mike Huckabee forgive them, like he did the dugger son for molesting 5 girls...they would be alive. but, they were black, stole beer, and used skateboards as weapons, now that calls for the death penalty via cop.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

There are some reports that the officer was assaulted with a skateboard before the shooting.

maybe all officers of the law should be outfitted with skateboards, since these are considered deadly weapons, and they are a lot cheaper than guns.

Or maybe people should stop being thugs this way they won't get shot for committing crimes.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Or maybe people should stop being thugs this way they won't get shot for committing crimes.

That would just make too much sense.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

maybe if we had mike Huckabee forgive them, like he did the dugger son for molesting 5 girls...they would be alive. but, they were black, stole beer, and used skateboards as weapons, now that calls for the death penalty via cop.

Thank you. The double standards of some people is astounding.

If the people were actually shoplifting, they should've been arrested & had their day in court. We're all supposed to be "innocent until proven guilty". But they never should've gotten shot over over this. This country has such high technology now that it would've been easy for the police to track them down & identify them later, if they wanted to.

It's like I said in a previous thread, there are many Americans who actually hate many other Americans. They're quick to claim they're patriots, but have no problem with other Americans having their rights violated, or being killed, harassed, abused.

EDIT: The 2 suspects should still be alive. The last I saw, they were upgraded from critical condition.
edit on 23-5-2015 by enlightenedservant because: added something because I can

edit on 23-5-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I don't see it as celebrating criminality, actually I laugh when I read the story, two dumb poor kids with criminal records, steal some beer and got shot for it

Then again the story by the shooting police sounds stupid, then again is a skateboard enough reason to shoot both perpetrators? I don't think so.

Let ban all skateboards because you can be shot if found with one in your hands as it can be used as a deadly weapon to injure police officers.

edit on 23-5-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Wow he really did defend that POS.

Strange how the "Just a kid making mistakes" works in his eyes for that scumbag.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I wonder if the guy from this article would have been justified in using deadly force to stop his attackers...

Suspects Sought After Man Badly Beaten by Skateboarders at Santa Clarita Park

I can't blame the cop for not letting himself get put into the same situation by a couple of degenerate thieves.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
How many of you would "poo poo" someone attacking you with an object that s not normally considered a "weapon"? Would you just take your beating while calmly thinking, "well, my attacker is not REALLY armed, so I will be ok"....while losing consciousness perhaps never to awaken again.

< rolls eyes back into head >

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

How many of you would "poo poo" someone attacking you with an object that s not normally considered a "weapon"? Would you just take your beating while calmly thinking, "well, my attacker is not REALLY armed, so I will be ok"....while losing consciousness perhaps never to awaken again.

< rolls eyes back into head >

If I'm equipped with as much as a cop is and I automatically reach for my firearm, then yes I'm a pussy.

I wouldn't expect him to stand there and take it. But instantly going for the gun? Is what a coward does..........

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

The officer is in complete control of the interaction. If he was threatened by a skateboard, it's because he didn't follow his protocol. He has a car, guns, searchlights and backup. He is not entering a felony in progress.

Problem is, he acted as though he was in a felony in progress. Rushed in, must have to have been in threat from a a skateboard, and killed two people.

They are not criminals until convicted.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well anyone that shoots someone because they are scared of a pencil is a gigantic pussy.

And anyone who thinks that a pencil won't kill you is a gigantic fool. My problem is with the sister who just happened to be driving by at the exact moment of the shooting ,,,YAH RIGHT. Driver of the getaway car more likely. Also if the sister was there then we have no idea what kind of weapon they could have had that she picked up and hid before anyone else got there. I see this happen all the time on COPS. People being busted throw stuff on the ground and a friend or family member picks it up and runs off with it while the cop is looking the other way. In my view if you fight the cop and get shot that's your fault. I for one am getting a little tired of hearing some dirt bag say "I give up" while swinging on the cop then complaining to the press about being hurt, and then trying to sue for damages. If they have no respect for the law or the cops we pay to enforce that law then I ask "Why should I care what happens to them ?" Go to jail or the morgue it's still one less scumbag on the streets.
edit on 5/25/2015 by MikeA because: It did not post in full

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join