It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A ghost I saw the other night!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I saw a few ghost before but they were the shawdow figures, but what I saw the other night was crazy. I was sleeping with my wife and my new born baby was in the basinet next to our bed. We also have a brand new rocker next to the basinet use for feeding the baby. So I woke up all of a sudden (for no reason!) and looked toward the chair. I saw this man that looked older, balding and had these small circler glasses. I only saw him from the head to the chest, there was nothing else.

He looked at me, and the ghost had this shocked look on his face, like "I cant belive he saw me" and went away. This whole thing took only 3 seconds. But I was awake and this was real, I turned to my wife and said "Baby I saw this thing in the chair", she said half asleep "stop your scaring me" but I had this very calm nice feeling. It was weird, I thought if I saw a ghost I would be horrified!

But I even smiled (I dont know why), this was very strange. So we woke up and I told my wife if she remembered what I said, she didnt. I explained the whole thing again, she said "wait, how did he look", she ran down stairs got out a photo of her mom's deceased dad, it looked just like him. It was very crazy. She told other members of her family and thought "I" was crazy to say such things. But it looked like he (the ghost) was checking out the baby, saw me, got scared and vanished. This was very very strange, I thought I would share...

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
It's easy to see why you actually smiled and felt calm - it has to be comforting to know that your child has a "guardian angel" to look after them.

A friend of mine told me that she was watching her two or three-year old child have a conversation with no one. She asked her daughter, "what?" and her daughter replied "oh not you mommy, I was talking to my mommy before I came to live here." It really blew her away.

I only hope that I have some kind of similar experience one day.

B.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Maybe to the old man you were the ghosts.

Imagine this - some years ago he sat down to rest. Suddenly he saw the image of a man, woman and baby. It would explain the look on his face.

Time slip maybe ?

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Maybe to the old man you were the ghosts.

Imagine this - some years ago he sat down to rest. Suddenly he saw the image of a man, woman and baby. It would explain the look on his face.

Time slip maybe ?

I doubt it. Thats pretty far fetched man. What ever it was, realized it was spotted, that was the crazy part.

He was looking like he was looking at the baby, turned his head in shock to see me and vanished in a snap. I never seen such crazy # in my life. I was in awe for awhile after that just lying there with this grin on my face. Even after my wife said "stop you are scaring me" I said to her maby its protecting him (our baby).

a side story about this room we sleep in. I would wake up late at night and see shawdows that ran from side to side in the room. These "shawdows" gave me an uneasy feeling, I dont know if they were ghost or not but they were not good. So one night after seeing another shawdow wiz past the ceilling, I got up and asked for Jesus Christ to bless the room and cast out any things that were not right with the room. I went to every corner of the room and did this. (I know this sounds strange, and if any of my family or friends saw me do this they would of thought I was nuts) but the shadows or uneasy feelings never came back after that. A few days later is when I saw the ghost!

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by et is dead
I doubt it. Thats pretty far fetched man. What ever it was, realized it was spotted, that was the crazy part.

Actually, time slips are quite well known. Especially the one that happened in Versailles in 1901. Both parties were aware of the existance of the other.

Versailles Timeslip

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I definitely see the sense in that theory, Pisky. (I have heard a couple of stories where that could well have been a possible explanation.) However, I am pretty sure that was not the case here.
I say this because it seems as though the original poster instinctually *knows* what his experience was about, and that is why he decided to post it here. It seems that a lot of us come here to share the stories that the majority of our real life aquaintences would simply roll their eyes at...

It sounds like a positive experience. Perhaps the reason why you saw the man was because your mind was still in a dream state, and open to spirit energy. This would explain the surprised spirit's reaction. He would probably assume that his energy would be undetected, visually at least.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Ghosts don't exist. Only a game of light, and dust in the air. Nothing more...!!

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I thought ghosts didnt exist too ... until I saw and 'felt' a few. Once you have experienced a ghost, there is no doubt in your mind that ghosts exist expecially if the experience is shared.

et is dead, I have experienced something very similar! I was sleeping in between my ex-hubby and our newborn who was in a crib on the other side. At about 3am I woke up so cold I could see my breath vaporising - it was a sweltering hot summer's night! In this case I did not see anything but I knew that someone had come through the front door, come into our bedroom and was standing over the baby ... for what felt like quite a while. I was just frozen unable to move. The someone then went out of our bedroom, went into my sister's bedroom and then went down the corridor out the back door.

The next morning, at breakfast my sister looked a wreck - I said "you look like you've seen a ghost!" She said yes - she couldn't see the details just the form, and it was absolutely freezing. She explained that at about 3am, a ghost had come through the front door, was in my bedroom for quite a while, then went into her bedroom, then went out the back door! I said I didn't see it but that was exactly what I sensed.

That afternoon we got news that the old woman next door had died through the night at approximately 3 am. She had been very interested in my pregnancy - everytime I saw her, she put her hand on my belly, and had lots of advice on prenatal care. ... She did not see the baby when we came home, and had come by to check on the baby on her way out.

Btw, merry christmas and a happy new 2005 to you all !!

[edit on 23-12-2004 by c_au]

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
wow, that's a really cool experience story. i've only seen ghosts a handful of times, but i hope to have more experiences with the spirit world.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
It's easy to see why you actually smiled and felt calm - it has to be comforting to know that your child has a "guardian angel" to look after them.

Interesting. I hadn't thought of a guardian angel taking the form of a loved one until you've brought it up. Kind of mind expanding. Thanks!

A friend of mine told me that she was watching her two or three-year old child have a conversation with no one. She asked her daughter, "what?" and her daughter replied "oh not you mommy, I was talking to my mommy before I came to live here." It really blew her away.

Yeah, this would blow me away too. I don't know what to think about it other than to say maybe there's a lot more to pre-life than we know. I don't know.

I only hope that I have some kind of similar experience one day.

B.

Careful what you wish for

top topics

join