It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Who Flash Banged Infant’s Crib Are Blaming the Baby

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: seeker1963

Of course they are going to deny it....but what is claimed to be said by the article is untrue. Search the docs and find it.

A defense, no matter how reprehensible, is based on denying everything. This article claims they made a statement about it being the kids fault, which they did not, so a hoax it is.

Thank goodness, even I had a tough time believing that was their explicit defense.

It doesn't alter the culpability of both the invaders and the informant.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: johnwick

I just clicked on all the scribd links to the actual documents and searched the terms the writer used in the article, or claimed to be quoted from the docs, and could not find any of this in them.

I think it may be a bunk story unless they have some other document that has not been released and are going from that one.

You didn't read well.

FIFTHDEFENSE

Plaintiffs' damages, if any, resulted solely from the voluntary and intentional conduct of plaintiffs or others and not from any conduct of these defendants or those over whom these defendants had any control.

SIXTHDEFENSE

Plaintiffs' damages, if any, were caused by the independent acts and decisions of persons and entities other than these defendants or those over whom these defendants had some legal right of control

SEVENTHDEFENSE To the extent as may be shown by the evidence through discovery, these defendants show that plaintiffs' damages, if any, were directly and proximately caused by the contributory and comparative negligence of plaintiffs and their failure to exercise ordinary care.

EIGHTHDEFENSE
These defendants show that all of their alleged actions or inactions with respect to plaintiffs were carried out in the good faith performance of their official,discretionary duties and without actual malice or actual intent to cause injury to plaintiffs. Accordingly, these defendants are entitled to official immunity under Georgia law.

NINTHDEFENSE
No act or omission of these defendants either proximately caused or contributed to any damages allegedly suffered by plaintiffs; therefore, plaintiffs have no right of recovery against these defendants.

TENTHDEFENSE
To the extent as may be shown by the evidence through discovery, plaintiffs' injuries and damages, if any, were caused by the deliberate, criminal conduct of plaintiffs, and such criminal conduct supersedes any and all negligence or liability,if any, on the part of these defendants.

(a) That judgment be entered in favor of these defendants and against plaintiffs on the complaint;

(b) That the costs of this action, including attorney's fees, be cast against plaintiffs; and

(c) That the Court grant such other and further relief as it may deem just and proper.

edit on 21-5-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Thankyou for finding those links. Seemed fake at first

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Excuse my language but Holy monkey #ing # its not a hoax..............

Im in shock.

When I dont think the bar can be lowered by US cops they do it.
edit on 21-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I read very well.

Please quote where, what the article stated was claimed in the defense docs.

Specifically what is bolded in the OP.

It isn't in there.....anywhere.

The act of what they did is horrendous, and a defense is going to deny everything, but nowhere in the papers is there anything stated like what the article states....it's simply written in an inflammatory style with a lot of their own innuendo thrown in.

Don't get me wrong....I hope these SWAT team guys get thrown under the bus, but the article is full of crap.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Excuse my language but Holy monkey #ing # its not a hoax..............

Im in shock.

When I dont think the bar can be lowered by US cops they do it.

These pretty much sum up the story:

SEVENTHDEFENSE

To the extent as may be shown by the evidence through discovery, these defendants show that plaintiffs' damages, if any, were directly and proximately caused by the contributory and comparative negligence of plaintiffs and their failure to exercise ordinary care.

TENTHDEFENSE
To the extent as may be shown by the evidence through discovery, plaintiffs' injuries and damages, if any, were caused by the deliberate, criminal conduct of plaintiffs, and such criminal conduct supersedes any and all negligence or liability,if any, on the part of these defendants.

So, injuries "if any" LOL, were caused by the negligence of the victim or the deliberate criminal conduct of the victim. And due to the victim's criminal conduct, that criminal conduct supersedes any and all liability on the part of the officers.

That reads pretty plainly.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Inexcusable, while the language is somewhat vague it does clearly place the blame on the victim, disgusting.

The lesson here is to remove the cause of these violations, unnecessarily banned substances and easily abused or misused power.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

trouble is GC
eliminate the illegal substances and the government, and the banks, and the police, responsible for their importation, would collapse broke
then the cops would just be breaking in to steal
errr, i mean utilize confiscation and immenent domain on the toasters and the TVs

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

I do recognize that but, we have to start somewhere.

I am mostly worried about what to do with DEA agents who actually are a national security threat.

Let's hope that is what the FEMA camps are for.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

hey I wasn't disagreeing
I agree
just illustrating the main roadblock to your good sollution

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So, injuries "if any", were caused by the negligence of the victim or the deliberate criminal conduct of the victim. And due to the victim's criminal conduct, that criminal conduct supersedes any and all liability on the part of the officers.

That reads pretty plainly.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

It is not a hoax, but the journalism is poor and makes the case more fanciful with the assumptions with the legal text. By saying that the baby is to blame from not fleeing the cribs is terrible journalism and grossly misleading. Yes they blame the family/child in legal terms but in no way do they blame the child for being a criminal.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus

It is not a hoax, but the journalism is poor and makes the case more fanciful with the assumptions with the legal text. By saying that the baby is to blame from not fleeing the cribs is terrible journalism and grossly misleading. Yes they blame the family/child in legal terms but in no way do they blame the child for being a criminal.

This exactly....

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
When they state victim, do they mean defendants? From what I've read they are blaming the family, not the child. The family are claiming as "victims" on behalf of their child. Is this just me? I can not see the legal statement that solely blames the child, rather than contributed negligence. ...

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danbones

hey I wasn't disagreeing
I agree
just illustrating the main roadblock to your good sollution

No worries, I didn't mean to give that impression with my response, just elaborating on the general criticism of reducing all of our law enforcement which was entirely apropos.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
When they state victim, do they mean defendants? From what I've read they are blaming the family, not the child. The family are claiming as "victims" on behalf of their child. Is this just me? I can not see the legal statement that solely blames the child, rather than contributed negligence. ...

What negligence of the family would justify a flash bang thrown in a crib?

Remember, they guy they were looking for was not even there... botched raid on false information and if they truly had the house under surveillance, why did they not know their target was not there?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
so a doctor ginsus a patient's liver while doing stomach surgery
its the patients liver's fault

the cops by making innocent family members responsible for thier effed up job preformance
are hiding behind "collective guilt/punishment"
thats a stalinist police state kind of method

seem pretty plain to me
edit on Thuam5b20155America/Chicago18 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Here's a link to the original story and the outcome in case anyone is wondering whether it actually happened.

No indictments for Georgia SWAT team that burned baby with stun grenade

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

That just gets my blood boiling. Like the baby could choose where he sleeps. They should kick those scum bags off the force and also pay any medical bills that the family has because of what happened to the baby, on top of money for emotional trauma.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
what happens when a cop gets shot while a crimminal is commiting a crime
or even flash banged by a fellow ossifer while dealing with that crime
I can't even begin to list the various charges on the purp that would ensue

like all the videos that have surfaced making lyers out of incompetent Leos
edit on Thuam5b20155America/Chicago00 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join