It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Spill in Santa Barbara

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Tuesday afternoon, an onshore pipeline broke and spilled about 21,000 of crude oil into a storm drain that emptied in the the ocean near Refugio State Beach, a pristine cove about ten miles north of Santa Barbara.

The spill covered about four miles, and beaches in the area remain closed while emergency crews attempt to clean up the mess.

Source

This is terrible. My condolences to anyone living near the Santa Barbara coastal area. Growing up in a coastal area, it truly saddens me that such a pristine and beautiful environment and all the creatures that live in it are being destroyed, one oil spill at at a time. The question I ask myself is how many oil spills will it take for humans to finally make a change and stop depending on oil, if that ever happens? If it doesn't, then it's only a matter of time before we destroy our Mother Earth and all of Its lovely creatures, and ultimately, our selves. Only time will tell I guess.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: sekerofknowlege
This would be Jerry Brown's fault.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

This was already posted yesterday, but now it looks like the initial estimates of 21,000 are quite low.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Chances are the very device you are using to post to this thread is a byproduct of petroleum. What percentage of your household items are absent of petroleum or its byproducts? It is also in items such as medications and even beer. Hard to live in this age of "gotta have it" without good old crude oil.

top topics

join