It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do Muslims Think About Jesus?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Quote: "Allah is Satan".

Well I guess that makes YHVH = SATAN Too!

Think about it - if ELOHIM is the CREATOR - then were did YAHVEH come from?

Have the Jews been Lying to us for 2000 Years? Why does the
New Testament Read so Differently From the Old Testament?!

Jesus' "GOD" was one of LOVE & COMPASSION!

[edit on 23-12-2004 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Great post, Infinite8.

I've long been interested in Magism, and its relation to the Zend faith. Those interested can read the Zend Avesta here:

www.ishwar.com...

It is believed that Zarathustra wrote the Gathas himself, while additions to the text were made later by some unknown Magus, or group of Magi.

Secondly, I'd like to respond to the poster who has claimed that "Allah is Satan". "Allah", which literally means "The Lord", is of course God. In the Qu'ran, Satan is referred to as Iblis.

Furthermore, the term Allah is not unique among Muslims. Arabic-speaking Christians also refer to God as Allah. The difference is linguistic, not theological.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
The Quran states that Muslims, Jews and Christians worship the same God (Sura 29:46).

However, Islamic tradition teaches that only Muslims will be admitted to Paradise. Though they are considered "People of the Book" - a reference to Jewish and Christian scriptures - Jews and Christians are excluded.

I get teh sense that jews and muslims are excludde for hte very reason that islam exists, because they have, from this perspective, mucked up the worship and have perverted it. This required that god reveal 'islam' to mohammed.

Muslims claim - without providing irrefutable proof - that Christians and Jews have corrupted the Scriptures, and teach that everyone must instead accept the teachings of the Quran.

They don't need to provide irrefutable proof because its a position of faith.

The god of Islam, Allah, is most definitely not the God of the Bible. Allah is presented in the Koran as an autocratic ruler who is aloof and arbitrary (Sura 5:40).
You mean like the god that gives abraham a son and then demands that the son be sacrificed? Or the god that demands, in one of only ten commandments for all the universe, that one should not kill, and then insists that entire tribes be destroyed? Or the same god that made jews his chosen people but then did nothng when they were torn apart by the romans nor even intervened when the nazis were busy exterminating them? And whats more aloof that a good that hasn't made a personal appearance since it dictated the tablets to moses?

Allah is unknowable whereas the God of the Bible is knowable (2 Timothy 1:12).

How can oyu quote scripture that the muslims claim have been perverted to demonstrate that the muslim religion is wrong?

Allah is unitarian (Sura 4:48) whereas the God of the Bible is trinitarian (2 Corinthians 13:14).

Strange, that god wasn't so trinitarian in the old testament.

Here is what the Koran says about the God of the Bible (Sura 4:171): Believe in Allah and say not Trinity. Cease! It is better for you! Allah is only One God. Far is it removed from his transcendent majesty that he should have a son.

Indeed this is why muslims consider christians with their three gods to be polytheists. You say the three aspects are unified into a triune godhead, they say 'thats a load of b/s'. Heck the koran says that there's no trinity, so it must be true!

Allah is capricious (Sura 2:284), whereas the true God is trustworthy.
Er? Was he trustworthy to the christians whose flesh was rendered by lions? was he trustworthy to the pious who were stoned to death orkilled by fire?

And Allah is never anywhere presented as a god of love which is the essence of the nature of the true God (1 John 4:7-16).

The god of love is a new testament addition. All this demonstrates is that muslims don't consider god to be a pacifist.

The Koran denies point blank that Jesus was the Son of God

How can this be an indication that the muslims don't worship the same god? THe jews also deny that jesus is the son of god. So the jews didn't worship the same god as christians?

(Sura 112:2-3). It also denies His atoning sacrifice by claiming that he never died (Sura 4:157).

They reason that someone favoured by god will not be horribly, hidesously, and ignominiously punished.

A substitute died for Him on the Cross. Jesus was translated to Heaven, like Enoch, where He will remain until He returns to kill all pigs, destroy all crosses, and convert the world to Islam. Jesus will marry, reign for 40 years and then die and be buried next to Muhammad in Medina.8 Jesus is characterized in the Koran as nothing more than an apostle of Allah (Sura 4:171).

Interesting, I am surprised to see that they give the man such import.

Basically, you are saying that you know that jesus is the son of god and one part of the triune godhead and that the scriptures are god's truth and everything can be judged by them. All well and good. So why put muslims in a different category the Unitarians, mormons, and jews? The muslims claim to worship the god of abraham, they say that everyone else messed up the worship, and god revealed 'islam' to mohammed to restore everyone to the original intent of god. When mohammed tells them that they are to worship the god of abraham, do the arabs deny it and say 'no, we want to worship our moon god'? No, they convert to islam and say 'i will worship the god of abraham in the way he told mohammed to worship him'. So they worship god. They might've made mistakes about how to go about it, and they might've corrupted the 'true message'. But that hardly makes them pagans. They think the christians are corrupt, saying that god mated with a woman and gave birth to, what exactly, god? And then god had himself humiliated and defiled and then, what, killed? They say its stupid and makes no sense. Well, in a way it doesn't. But how does that make them pagans? If they beleive that they are worshiping god, then they are.They know that they aren't praying to the moon, or satan, or anything like that.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Quote: "Allah is Satan".

Well I guess that makes YHVH = SATAN Too!

Think about it - if ELOHIM is the CREATOR - then were did YAHVEH come from?

The idea, as far as I understand it, is that the earliest hebrew texts are a coallation of two or more different traditions. One is where there were 'gods' the elohim tradition, the other is that there was an original creator pair of gods, yahweh and his consort. Infact, there are two different 'creation' texts in genesis, one the elohim tradition the other the yahweh tradition.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
A good understanding of each of our own followed religions is accomplished by reading both the writings accepted, and rejected, into our religious foundations. It is also a good idea to understand the influences of other religions and cultures, and understand where these influenced the evolution of our own beliefs.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nygdan -
My original post was: Well it was the Magi who visited Jesus upon his birth according to the Bible. The Magi have evolved into mainly the Muslim religion of today. Once the study of most religions are done, it is amazing how we are tied together, yet so many do not want to understand nor accept these things.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
My point in relation to Muslims and Zoroastrianism (Magi) was that the Muslim religion (as well as Judaism) was partially shaped by the beliefs of the Magi because so many of their people were forced into the religion by threat and so many joined the Muslim religion freely because the religions were so similar.

It is the same in the Christian religion as well. We have a blend of things that we celebrate that incorporate many Pagan beliefs and celebrations. This is because a choice was made that in order to have Christianity accepted and grow, certain things would have to be interpreted and presented in another way so that the Pagans would more readily accept them. Now as time went by, our religious leaders felt that the threat of death and murder (the Crusades) was the answer. Like the Muslims forcing their fath long ago. I am Christian, and I do not believe that any religion should be forced.

I do know that the more I learn about all religions, the greater similarities I see between all of them. I am slowly coming to the understanding that I do not really know the true start of all of our religions, but mine is one based on faith. Though I can securely believe that the Old Testament of the Bible is an accurate list of stories (both fact and fiction), I believe my own church has designed the religion moving forward. I believe that the church has decided which books should be included or excluded to fit their need for control and power. Therefore, I do my own research and make up my own mind.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Here's a question about religious "submission" (Islam)

How can critical thought be tolerated under such a system of belief?

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realist05
Here's a question about religious "submission" (Islam)

How can critical thought be tolerated under such a system of belief?

Islam only means "submission to God". I'd be willing to bet that practically all theistic religions would recommend this sort of submission.

Also, even though modern Islam in the Arabic world often leaves much to be desired from the viewpoint of intellectual honesty and liberty, this was not always the case. In the early middle ages, Islam is often denoted by historians as the "Crown of Culture". While European Christians were busy burning Jews and polytheists because of their religious beliefs, Muslims were translating Plato, Aristotle, Xenophanes, and organizing formal logico-mathematical systems that, although much of which was Greek in origin, had been lost over time due to the advent of Christendom in the dark ages.

[edit on 23-12-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

One more time. Allah is a pagan god from before mohamed crawled this earth. If you read the "Koran" you will find they deny Christ was the son of god. "Allah had no sons". Also Christ didn't die on the cross per this satanic venom. Islam is pure satanic evil.

Allah is just a word meaning god. there are other religues that use the english god dose that mean anything.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Muslims claim - without providing irrefutable proof - that Christians and Jews have corrupted the Scriptures, and teach that everyone must instead accept the teachings of the Quran.

chritstens claim - without providing irrefutable proof - that christ was the son of god and as such there scripture must be acsepted by everyone.

You argument makes no sence.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Quote: "The idea, as far as I understand it, is that the earliest Hebrew texts are a coallation of two or more different traditions. One is where there were 'gods' the elohim tradition, the other is that there was an original creator pair of gods, YahVeh and his consort (Astarte). Infact, there are two different 'creation' texts in genesis, one the elohim tradition the other the YahVeh tradition."

So what are you saying that this whole "GOD" thing is a Massive
Bait & Switch Scam?

Religion is becoming useless! Its foundation is Illogical! The only thing that it is good for is to Control People to for example win Elections & have them
Suicide Bomb Themselves! I can be a good Moral & Ethical person withOUT Religion! What is wrong with Science & examining the way Nature Works? Why can't I just simply Worship "GOD" as = the "UNIVERSE"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join