It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do Muslims Think About Jesus?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
So I was surfing and I came this site and article and found it to be a fascinating read, so I'll share

www.guyanapalace.com...

Muslims respect and revere Jesus. They consider him one of the greatest of God's prophets and messengers to humankind. A Muslim never refers to him simply as "Jesus", but always adds the phrase "upon him be peace."

The Qur'an confirms his virgin birth, and a special surah of the Qur'an is entitled "Mary." The Qur'an describes the Annunciation as follows:

"'Behold (O Mary!)' The Angel said, 'God has chosen you, and purified you, and chosen you above the women of all nations. O Mary, God gives you good news of a word from Him, whose name shall be the Anointed (Masih or Messiah), Jesus son of Mary, honored in this world and in the hereafter, and one of those brought near to God. He shall speak to the people from his cradle and in maturity, and shall be of the righteous.'

"She said: 'O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me?' He said: 'Even so; God creates what He wills. When He decrees a thing, He says to it, "Be!" and it is.'" (Qur'an 3:42-7)

Jesus was born miraculously through the same power that had brought Adam into being without a father: "Truly the likeness of Jesus with God is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust and then said to him, 'Be!' and he was." (Qur'an 3:59)

During his prophetic mission, Jesus performed many miracles. The Qur'an tells us that he said:
"I have come to you with a sign from your Lord: I make for you out of clay, as it were, a figure of a bird, and breathe into it and it becomes a bird by God's leave. And I heal the blind, and the lepers, and I raise the dead by God's leave." (Qur'an 3:49)

Neither Muhammad nor Jesus came to change the basic doctrine of the belief in One God, brought by earlier prophets, but to confirm and renew it. In the Qur'an, Jesus is reported as saying that he came: "To attest the law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you; I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, so fear God and obey me." (Qur'an 3:50)

The Prophet Muhammad said:
"Whoever believes that there is none worthy of worship but God, alone without partner, that Muhammad is His messenger, that Jesus is the servant and messenger of God, His word which He bestowed on Mary and a spirit proceeding from Him, and that Paradise and Hell are true, shall be received by God into Heaven." (A Hadith from the collections of al Bukhari)

that article then linked to this very interesting site:
www.discoverislam.com...

feel free to comment on what you read, I'm still reading, so i'll reserve my comments until I am done.

[edit on 12-22-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well it was the Magi who visited Jesus upon his birth according to the Bible. The Magi have evolved into mainly the Muslim religion of today. Once the study of most religions are done, it is amazing how we are tied together, yet so many do not want to understand nor accept these things.

If you google on Muslim and Jesus, you will find a wealth of knowledge.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
Well it was the Magi who visited Jesus upon his birth according to the Bible. The Magi have evolved into mainly the Muslim religion of today.

How do you figure? TEH magi aren't even supposed to be arabs from saudi, so whats the connection? WOuldn't mohammed have mentioned that the magi were doing stuff all along?

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
many people and researchers believe that the magi were either priests, magicians from Persia, Babylon or Arabia.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The Magi were from a religion at the time called Zoroastrianism. The relationship of the magi and today's muslims was mainly one of forced conversion upon these people. Saudi Arabs aren't the only muslims, I'm not sure where you ever got that idea.

sd71.bc.ca...

Zoroastrianism began and flourished in the Iranian Plateau. The religion was started and first preached by Zarathushtra, a prophet. Zoroastrianism was first adapted in the kingdom of Kai Vishtapa, around Balkh, a city in Bactria, to the northeast. Vishtaspa defended his religion, and he fought for it.

After Zarathushtra's death, his son-in-law, Jamaspa, assumed the role as leader. Jamaspa was an official in the court of Vishtaspa. Zoroastrianism gradually expanded to other parts of Persia. As the years passed, Zoroastrianism continued to spread across the Iranian Plain.

In the years after Zarathushtra's passing, Zoroastrianism changed from the original religion that Zarathushtra created and preached. The rituals changed, and the focus of the rituals changed.

As Zoroastrianism continued westward, it came across the Magi, a priestly tribe of Medes. The Magi accepted Zoroastrianism and they adopted Zarathushtra as one of them. The Magi added some rituals of their own to the religion, as well as their knowledge of many things. The Greeks were first introduced to Zoroastrianism by the Magi. Christians acknowledge the "Three Wise Men"(from their own religion), to be Zoroastrian priests.

Zoroastrianism also changed in other ways. From the concepts a had given a base rose a whole statue. Ideas and concepts took bodily form, and Zoroastrianism became reality.

When the Persian King Cyrus defeated Babylon, he freed the Jews. The Jewish people accepted him for his generosity and wisdom. It is believed that at this time, Zoroastrianism merged with Judaism, influencing the Jewish religion. It is not certain that Cyrus believed in Zoroastrianism, but as he never tried to convert conquered peoples it is a possibility that he followed Zarathushtra.

As the years went by, Zoroastrianism made small break-throughs in the courts of Cyrus's successors. Magi priests at the Achaemenid court became the chief priests of Zoroastrianism, and the emperor, Darius I, is believed to have been a Zoroastrian.

The emperor Alexander attacked the Persians with a huge army, and finally defeated emperor Darius III in 330 B.C.E. To the rest of the eastern world he was "Alexander the Great", but to Zoroastrians he was spoken of as "Alexander the accursed," a name associated with Ahriman, the evil spirit himself.

By 250 B.C.E., the Greeks had gradually lost control and influence over the Parthians, an Iranian tribe near the Caspian Sea. The Parthian ruler Mithridates gained control over the Greek lands in Persia, and his sucsessor, his son Mithridates II, expanded his dominance into India to the east, and to the west and south he went as far as Syria. They extinguished all traces of the Greeks, and instead Zoroastrianism grew stronger, and the religion that was then over a thousand years old was well established all across Persia. Over the years, the Parthian rule was a factor in the strengthening of Zoroastrianism.

After the Parthians were defeated by the Sasanians, the Sasanids made Zoroastriaism the official state religion. They edited the religion, clearing it up, and they produced and standardized form of Zoroastrianism. The religion became more centered around rituals than it had been before, but now it was clear what was and what was not Zoroastrian.

The Sasanids continued collecting and writing down the literature. They made a very special text, in which to record the language spoken by Zarathushtra. They recorded other traditions and celebrations while they invented new ones.

As Muslim rulers took over Persia, Islam travelled around the country with them. Many people saw in Islam the same concepts as Zoroastrianism, and so many people were willing to convert. Stories say that other Zoroastrians were forced to convert at sword-point. By the tenth century, a group of devout Zoroastrians had fled from Persia into India, where they became known as the Parsis. The Zoroastrians that had stayed in Persia all but disappeared under the Iranian culture.

In the thirteenth century, the faithful Zoroastrians were chased from their homes and they fled to the desert cities of Yadz and Kirman. There they were forced to practice their religion in secret. For a while, they were left alone, but in the sixteenth century the Muslims again forced everyone to convert. So then they left for Isfahan, where they were able to live by working as labourers. But in the early seventeenth century there was an Afganhi invasion, and not long after that there was an invasion when he Qajar dynasty gained control. During these periods of war, more than one hundred thousand
Zoroastrians were massacred.

By the nineteenth century, only about twelve thousand Zoroastrians were left. They were treasted hashly by the majority of the population; they were heavily taxed because they were non-Muslims, and they were not allowed to wear certain clothes or to travel. They were forbidden to touch the food in the markets, and they were not allowed to ride horses or donkeys. The men were not allowed to wear turbans, which made them stand out and made them a subject to harassment and humiliation. If a Zoroastrian was killed by a Muslim, the Muslim was not charged. In spite of these setbacks and hardships, and despite Iranian society's efforts to eliminate them, they persisted and Iranian Zoroastrianism continued.

In 1882, a Parsi named Manekji Hataria went to Iran to try to influence the Iranians on
behalf of the Zorastrians in Iran. His mission was partly successful, and the Zoroastrian poverty eased. Later, they recieved educations and better medical care was availiable. By the early 1900's, Zoroastrians were able to open businsesses, and they improved their position in the Iranian lifestyle. In half a century, they were able to wipe out hundreds of years of abolition and they started to be an active part of society.

In 1925 a new Iranian dynasty gained control. Under the Pahlavi reign, Zoroastrianism continued to expand. People took more pride in being Zoroastrian, and some people whose ancestors had followed Zarathushtra but for the last couple centuries had been Muslim decided to convert back to thier original religion.

In 1979 the Pahlavi rule was overthrown by Islamic fundamentalists. As a Muslim government came back into power, many Zoroastrians decided to leave Iran. Also because of the threat of religious persecution, they left for Australia, Britain, Canada, and the United States, along with a few other countries. But back in Iran, things are not all that bad. The Islamic Republic maintains Zoroastrianism as a "protected minority," and even though Zoroastrians may not work for the government they are respected in other aspects of the Iranian lifestyle. Every year an un-known number of Muslims convert to Zoroastrianism, and even though this is illegal it seems to cause no problems.

In Iran, a country that is almost completely Muslim, there are not many opportunities (educational and proffesional) for Zoroastrians, and the threat of persecution remains.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is some other information on how the Quran encorporates some Hindu and Zorastrian (Magi) beliefs, very interesting.
www.truthnet.org...

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Neither Muhammad nor Jesus came to change the basic doctrine of the belief in One God, brought by earlier prophets, but to confirm and renew it. In the Qur'an, Jesus is reported as saying that he came: "To attest the law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you; I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, so fear God and obey me." (Qur'an 3:50)

This confirms what I have believed for years - that Allah and Jehovah are one and the same. So why in fex name can't Christians, Jews and Muslims get along with each other ? :shk:

Sep

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
This confirms what I have believed for years - that Allah and Jehovah are one and the same. So why in fex name can't Christians, Jews and Muslims get along with each other ? :shk:

IMHO, it is because of the leaders of all the following religions. They believe in the same things but the Mullahs or the Rabbis or the Priests dont want to loose their influence over the people that they comand. So they change the religion and fill it with hate for the other religions and the simple people who ussually have not even read their sared books or tried to have a dialogue with other respective religions would be filled with hate for people with other beliefs from a young age and when they grow up they will carry the scars of their childhood.

There are always exceptions, there are many good religious leaders and many open-minded people but the vioce of the fanatics and hate-filled is currently louder.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sep
There are always exceptions, there are many good religious leaders and many open-minded people but the vioce of the fanatics and hate-filled is currently louder.

Very true Sep. With Bush for the Christians, Sharon for the Jews and Bin Laden for the Muslims, I feel sorry for the true followers of those religions.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
They think of him as a Prophet and a man. Not a man/god like these deluded christians!

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Another difference is that while christians believe that Jesus died and was resurrected, muslims believe that he never died.
Also, for muslims, Mary is supposed to be the most respected women - ever.
I suppose that, although according to their own beliefs, they all worship the same God, they hate each other because they have to have enemies. Nothing better than an enemy to unite a religion
. Each successive religion made it a point that the religion before them had "gone astray", and unless you join THEIR religion you will go to hell.
Kinda sad actually.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
finally some proof there are still people willing to look out of a box, of course its all the same, they all belive the same god, or should i say they actuall dont belive in god anymore, they belive the false prophets. FOOLS!

CHEERS TO YOU ALL!
I SALUTE YOU

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
many people and researchers believe that the magi were either priests, magicians from Persia, Babylon or Arabia.

Interesting, I've never heard of them comming from arabia before, only persia or chaldea.

infinte 8
Saudi Arabs aren't the only muslims, I'm not sure where you ever got that idea.

Obviously I don't think that, the idea is silly to begin with . The claim was that the magi were a predecessor of islam. Islam started with arabs on the red sea coast of arabia. If the magi are zoroasterians, then they have nothing to do with it, since the arabs in arabia were not zoroasterians.

babyloi
suppose that, although according to their own beliefs, they all worship the same God, they hate each other because they have to have enemies.

As I understand it, christians hate the jews becuase they are perceived as the killers of christ and also because the christian community had to seperate from judaism in becomming a distinct religion. No better way to serperate than to hate each other. The muslims hate the christians because they are polytheists, thats often how they will speak of christians. Amoung muslims, the Sunni hate the Shia because they are apostates. They are perceived as having left the true faith and to be the willing or deceived tools of satan. Indeed, apostacy is perhaps the overriding reason why similar religions hate each other. They have 'rejected' something that the other accepts.

I don't, personally, understand the islam-jewish reasons for tension. Nowadays its supposed to be over israel, but that wasn't allways an issue, and the jews were thorough in their monotheism , unlike the christians, at least according to some lines of islamic thought. Unless the jews are thought to be the original apostates, who, like the shia, are deceived by satan into evilness and tricked into thinking that they are worshipping the Supreme God of Abraham.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I've been hard pressed to find much anti-semitism in the English translation of the Qur'an that I have a PDF of. There's actually much more in Matthew, truth be told.

Hence, the anti-semitism and anti-Christianity comes from the interpretation of the Qur'an by the religious leaders. Christianity has much the same problem, in that some view the bible as the literal word of god, and some view it as an accounting of history.

The reason that people do not get along is people, not religion. period.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Quote: "many people and researchers believe that the Magi were either priests, magicians from Persia, Babylon or Arabia."

-> "Magi" were "Magi"cians from Persia & Babylon!

Quote: "This confirms what I have believed for years - that Allah and Jehovah are one and the same. So why in fex name can't Christians, Jews and Muslims get along with each other?"

->Divide & Conquer. The Enemy WITHIN. Those who call themselves Jews
(& Christians & Moslems) But ARE NOT!

Quote: "IMHO, it is because of the leaders of all the following religions. They believe in the same things but the Mullahs or the Rabbis or the Priests don’t want to loose their influence over the people that they command. So they change the religion and fill it with hate for the other religions and the simple people who usually have not even read their sacred books or tried to have a dialogue with other respective religions would be filled with hate for people with other beliefs from a young age and when they grow up they will carry the scars of their childhood.
There are always exceptions, there are many good religious leaders and many open-minded people but the voice of the fanatics and hate-filled is currently louder."

YEP!

Quote: "Very true Sep. With Bush for the Christians, Sharon for the Jews and Bin Laden for the Muslims. I feel sorry for the true followers of those religions."

YEP - Me Too!

Quote: "they hate each other because they have to have enemies. Nothing better than an enemy to unite a religion. Each successive religion made it a point that the religion before them had "gone astray" and unless you join THEIR religion you will go to hell.
Kinda sad actually."

YEP! I agree it’s real sad - especially in the 21st Century with all of the Communications Technology we have at our Disposal!

infinite8 -> I find this is a very fascinating topic! I believe that these Greeks & Romans & Syrians & Persians & Northern Indians (Zoroastrians & Hindus & Buddhists & Christo-Pagans) Have a
Common ROOT CULTURE or Link/Connection (not necessarily
Religion - maybe Language). They are all ARYANS or SEMITIC PAGANS!!! I can definitely see some mixing & intermarriage going on here after all the Wars & "Conquering" & "Empiring" that they did to each other. We are talking about Mediterranean Culture here.

Please don't get me wrong when I say "Aryan". That BASTARD Hilter & his Nazi's took the Image & Symbols of Aryan Culture & turned it into something Evil & Demonic. Originally "Aryan" meant "Righteous Ones" - just like "Israel" meant "Righteous Chosen of God". Aryans have SUN GOD Worshiping Cultures. CHRIST has many attributes of a SUN GOD - although Jesus was simply a Man who Taught & Healed people! He is Called a
“Son of God” because of his Goodness!

What do you think?

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
One more time. Allah is a pagan god from before mohamed crawled this earth. If you read the "Koran" you will find they deny Christ was the son of god. "Allah had no sons". Also Christ didn't die on the cross per this satanic venom. Islam is pure satanic evil.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Islam is pure satanic evil.

Its intresting how they see christ this way.

The koran doesnt say anything about christ. You interupet it as it does because its says, "Allah had no sons".

The story of Christ might have been stolen from the koran, Allah being Jesus.

The books are hear now, but you dont know where the stories come from, or were the where stolen from.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
really drhoracid, your self imposed ignorance bewilders me. As a learned person, that can read all the hate propaganda, it amazes me that you cannot temper your hatred with a bit of peace. I truly feel sorry for you. If you are intelligent as you seem capable of being, you would understand that Christianity, Islam and Judaisim share the same foundation, hold the same principles sacred and share the same god. They may disagree on the messengers but the truth is the God of the Koran, Bible and Torah are one in the same.

Who is Allah

Allah is the proper Arabic name for God. Muslims believe in and worship the same One God that the Jews and Christians worship. Allah says in the Qur'an:

"And do not debate with the People of the Book, unless in the best of manners, but not with those who are unjust, and say: "We believe in the Revelation that has come down to us and in that which has come down to you; Our God and your God is One, and to Him do we wholly give ourselves." (Qur'an 29:46)

Allah is a unique term with no plural an no gender. It predates Muhammad and was also used in the form of El, Elah or Elohim by David, Moses, Jesus and other messengers of God, peace be upon them all.

"He is God, the One that there is no deity but He; the Knower of the unseen and the apparent; He is the Source of All Mercy, the Merciful.

He is God, the One that there is no deity but He; the King, the Holy, the Source of All Peace, the Guardian of Faith, the Preserver, the Mighty, the Compeller, the Majestic; Glory to God, beyond their associations (of partners with Him)!

He is God, the Creator, the Maker, the Fashioner. To Him belong the most beautiful names. All that is in the heavens and the earth magnifies Him; He is the Mighty, the Wise." (Qur'an 59:22-24)

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The Quran states that Muslims, Jews and Christians worship the same God (Sura 29:46).

However, Islamic tradition teaches that only Muslims will be admitted to Paradise. Though they are considered "People of the Book" - a reference to Jewish and Christian scriptures - Jews and Christians are excluded.

Muslims claim - without providing irrefutable proof - that Christians and Jews have corrupted the Scriptures, and teach that everyone must instead accept the teachings of the Quran.

When compared with the Jewish and Christian scriptures, the teachings of Quran show that Allah is not the same God worshipped by Jews and Christians.

God — The Koran asserts that the god of Islam is the God of Christians and Jews (Sura 29:46). Nothing could be farther from the truth.7

The god of Islam, Allah, is most definitely not the God of the Bible. Allah is presented in the Koran as an autocratic ruler who is aloof and arbitrary (Sura 5:40). Allah is unknowable whereas the God of the Bible is knowable (2 Timothy 1:12). Allah is impersonal, unlike the personal God the Scriptures reveal (1 Peter 5:6-7). Allah is unitarian (Sura 4:48) whereas the God of the Bible is trinitarian (2 Corinthians 13:14). Here is what the Koran says about the God of the Bible (Sura 4:171): “Believe in Allah and say not ‘Trinity.’ Cease! It is better for you! Allah is only One God. Far is it removed from his transcendent majesty that he should have a son.”

Allah is capricious (Sura 2:284), whereas the true God is trustworthy. And Allah is never anywhere presented as a god of love — which is the essence of the nature of the true God (1 John 4:7-16).

Jesus — The Koran denies point blank that Jesus was the Son of God (Sura 112:2-3). It also denies His atoning sacrifice by claiming that he never died (Sura 4:157). A substitute died for Him on the Cross. Jesus was translated to Heaven, like Enoch, where He will remain until He returns to kill all pigs, destroy all crosses, and convert the world to Islam. Jesus will marry, reign for 40 years and then die and be buried next to Muhammad in Medina.8 Jesus is characterized in the Koran as nothing more than “an apostle of Allah” (Sura 4:171).

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
And this is the reason they can't get along together. There is always some fundamentalist who wants to hate everything he is not familiar with.
If you actually STUDIED the Quran, you might learn something. It does not say only muslims will be admitted to paradise, it says "believers". In fact, although I cannot remember the exact quote, but it was something like "And those who do good have nothing to fear from Allah, for He is all merciful".
About Allah being incapable of love- Read the Quran! Every other sentence is "For Allah is ever merciful" or "And Allah is all loving".
Are you really so incapable of accepting that there may be another religion that shares your God? Shouldn't you be happy that it brings you together.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
And this is the reason they can't get along together. There is always some fundamentalist who wants to hate everything he is not familiar with.
If you actually STUDIED the Quran, you might learn something. It does not say only muslims will be admitted to paradise, it says "believers". In fact, although I cannot remember the exact quote, but it was something like "And those who do good have nothing to fear from Allah, for He is all merciful".
About Allah being incapable of love- Read the Quran! Every other sentence is "For Allah is ever merciful" or "And Allah is all loving".
Are you really so incapable of accepting that there may be another religion that shares your God? Shouldn't you be happy that it brings you together.

I am not a fundamentalist. I don't hate anyone. The truth hurts doesn't it. Allah is satan........................

top topics

<<   2 >>

join