It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuits being prepared to remove 'In God We Trust' from currency - Citing Religious Freedom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

So you do not use money?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

so its been on our money since the beginning of time. great
then lets be fair to all the people that do not trust in god and take it off.
you know?

honestly this is not something i care about. i dont really think about it. im not out there campaigning to have it removed but if it was up to a vote, i would vote to have it removed.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

My point is that these so called "Christian" Pastors while they preach Christians to give the poor do not give themselves. Look at how these pastors live. Many of them have private jets and mansions while many (not all) of their followers are poor.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
Many of them have private jets and mansions while many (not all) of their followers are poor.

But God deserves a circular driveway to park his Porsche.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

things can change.
i say get rid of it

Yes, we can forget our roots and forget how we became the greatest nation on Earth.

In fact, it's already changing, and America is not changing for the better.

You don't need to be religious to pay tribute to what made America great. Why do you want to deny American history?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero
a reply to: Mugly

Not only that but why is it part of American history? Know what other religious abominations were part of American history? the KKK. The WBS. Scientology.

The KKK is not a religion and Scientology has nothing to do with American History, it's a recent invention.

It was added on the money in the 50's....when in the 1700's we fought for religious freedom...and yet it's totally ok for IGWT to be on money...but Occams (sorry I still don't know how to multi-reply...would you be ok with American history if tomorrow Congress voted to remove IGWT and add In Isis (the goddess before ATS freaks out) We Trust?

Complete lie. I already told you when it was added to money. It was not in the 50's. It was in 1864, and was inspired by the Star Spangled Banner, you know, the National Anthem, from 1812 I think.

That's 200 years of American History you want to erase.

It'd be American history

My vote is that no....Christians would probably lose it

This is about as true as your other statements. Maybe you think America is part of Egypt? Let me correct you, it's not. Is there some long lost National Anthem that says we trust in Isis?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Something that lets a small group of people have a lot of food while others struggle to barely have food while others literally starve to death has nothing to do with The Heavenly Father who is Merciful (Luke 6:35-36). If anything is mocking The Heavenly Father, it's keeping "In God We Trust", on the very thing which does that.

But it seems like many "Christians" believe in Gad (also called "Mammon") instead of The Merciful Father.

Gad was the name of the pan-Semitic god of fortune, and is attested in ancient records of Aram and Arabia. Gad is also mentioned by the Book of Isaiah (Isaiah 65:11 - some translations simply call him (the god of) Fortune), as having been worshipped by a number of Hebrews during the babylonian captivity. - Wikipedia Gad (deity)

Maybe the money should say "In Gad We Trust", instead.
edit on 22-5-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

so taking it off money means we are erasing 200 years of history?
odd

so changing things erases history.
thats good to know

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

odd

thats good to know

Yes. If tomorrow people decided they did not like the the Founding Fathers and sought to erase them from everything they are erasing the history of this country. Or do you think money is the only thing people want to alter?

Again, you don't need to worship any God at all to understand the importance of those words to the creation of this country.
edit on 22-5-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

odd

thats good to know

Yes. If tomorrow people decided they did not like the the Founding Fathers and sought to erase them from everything they are erasing the history of this country. Or do you think money is the only thing people want to alter?

Again, you don't need to worship any God at all to understand the importance of those words to the creation of this country.

why are you making these leaps?
taking it off money after all these years is not erasing any sort of history. it is simply change.
it would still be in all the books that it was on our money for all those years.
there would still be boat loads of bills in circulation with those words on them.

making a change is a far, far cry from erasing it from history.

edit on 22-5-2015 by Mugly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I can't even fathom the responses you gave to my questions save for the first

In 1864, IGWT was added to the two-cent piece so you absolutely win a point there and I will bash myself for missing that part in the first place

THEN in the 84th Congress in 1956 it was mandatory on all paper notes and metal coins

BUT even with the addition to the two-cent in 1864, that is near a century after the USA was truly founded. So the point stands is that it was an addition.

Now then...the KKK/WBS/Scientology

Is Christianity not an invention? If not...why not?

Are you purposefully twisting? I said religious abominations...the KKK believed and to a point still do believe they are following a divine doctrine. They saw themselves as holding up the Christian doctrine. I don't care one bit that "Christians denounced them," they were to a large point religiously motivated in many of their incarnations. The WBS is religious but you seemed that have left that out. Scientology is religious and here is where I am perplexed by your assertions.

WHAT IN YOUR MIND...is part of American history? Scientology...Hubbard born in Nebraska, founded and incorporated in New Jersey...it happened on American soil. Its beginnings were American. It doesn't matter that it was"invented." The Model T was invented...and yet somehow THAT is part of American history.

But then the whole "erasing" American history part baffles me even more.

Things happened in American history that we don't endorse or do now...they are STILL American history. Slavery is a large part of American history (btw...while people flew under the Christian banner) and it is over now. Slavery occurred and now it does not. The partisan Anti-Chinese league occurred and now it does not. What about good things? The Pony Express (vastly exaggerated) existed and now it does not. Prohibition occurred but was ended.

etc...

ALL of these things, good, evil and neutral DID occur but have been changed, altered or ended. NONE of them are magically not part of American history now. I don't even know where you make the jump from removing IGWT to erasing American history.

Are you telling me that if tomorrow the US Mint removed the words that we'd all suddenly be flashed by an MIB mind eraser? Would our textbooks change what happened in the Eisenhower years or in 1864 to the two-cent piece? Would the 115th Congress immediately attach a rider saying that "Due to the removal of this phrase from paper notes, the concept of In God We Trust is hereby banished from American history?"

To the final section...regarding Isis

I am becoming convinced that you refused to read and comprehend my statement. The part of the timing/year of add IGWT I was off on to an extent and I cede half of that argument to you.

To those reading...What I SAID was...WOULD (see also...HYPOTHETICAL)...Would you be ok if tomorrow this Congress erased IGWT and altered it to In Isis We Trust...it's a HYPOTHETICAL situation.

You sit there and quote one part and presume to lecture me that Egypt was never part of American history, or Isis was never in the National Anthem...I appreciate that...never knew that before (\sarcasm levels approaching dangerous levels captain!!)...but it still doesn't answer my ACTUAL question..which again was hypothetical...If tomorrow Congress started the Mint printing money saying In Isis We Trust, would you be upset? What if nobody else cared? If they did indeed make that change, would it not be part of American history? I sure think so...because...you know...it happened in America...in the timeline of America...history

top topics

<< 1   >>

join