It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got a problem with women as they are.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I, on the other hand, don't care at all what others think of me. I am very confident about who I am, and anyone who thinks they have me figured out (just by outer appearances) is usually wrong.

See here's the problem. You somehow think this is about you and your outlook on life.

I responded to the poster saying that she likes to look good purely for herself. I pointed out that logically and naturally speaking this is because looking good is an advantage from a reproductive standpoint, and it is an instinctive reaction.

The only thing I claimed to have figured out about you was your completely obvious annoyance with my comment that was not directed at you or anything you said.

You called me childish, and a liar.

I said your reaction was a bit childish. I didn't suggest you were a high school kid on recess. And you obviously were lying about not being annoyed. I didn't say you were an untrustworthy person.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForestDweller
I pointed out that logically and naturally speaking this is because looking good is an advantage from a reproductive standpoint, and it is an instinctive reaction.

No it's a cultural reaction.

Without any cultural framework; "making yourself beautiful" can mean anything. In some countries they extend their necks, in some countries they love fat ladies, in some countries they like make up and mini skirts.

It's a cultural behavior, not an instinctive one. Goth girls don't dress like that because it gives them a reproductive advantage. They do so because they belong to that culture so they like to share its codes.

You mix a bunch of unrelated stuff and try to explain them as biotruths when they aren't.

I'm not saying it's impossible that sometimes people dress to please a specific audience. I'm saying you generalize this and reduce it to a sexual behavior which shows you don't really understand the complexity of human beings.

Kind of why I explained earlier those who usually claim things like that ("women act like X or Y because it's in their genes and not because it's their choice") are also the one who show difficulties to socialize with people (autistic traits).

The fact that you want to be right so much you kept posting your theory despite the women in this thread (the ones who can really tell you why they dress like they do) telling you you are wrong. Persevering so much they could feel offended by your posts. It all tells me you too might have some problems "reading" other people and socializing. I mean obviously you haven't really lived with a woman to so boldly claim the only reason they like to dress is to spread their genes more efficiently. Not only it is wrong, it also makes you sound like Data from Star Trek which isn't something most people would consider an attractive trait.

It takes some humility to learn about this world and grow up because it requires to be able to listen more than to talk.
edit on 22-5-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed how OP and his 'followers' speak about women as if they were some sort of humans that shouldn't be left to their own devices as otherwise they'd do wrong?
It bothers me when some men don't get that a woman is 100% a human being who when reaching adulthood can decide whatever they want to do, even if they decide to walk naked on the street.

Under what authority can these [so called] men even voice any dislikes about someone else's behaviour?

Us women are not 'lesser' beings that need telling off if we do something you don't like, but that is how it comes across.

Would you voice your disgust at a man in the same way? Or are they fellow-club members of the man 'elite'?

I don't like the way some men leer or make lewd comments, I hate cargo pants and flip-flops and I hate beards, but I do understand that these are grown ups and as such [if they don't do any harm] don't need me to tell them off like toddlers.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
Has anyone noticed how OP and his 'followers' speak about women as if they were some sort of humans that shouldn't be left to their own devices as otherwise they'd do wrong?
It bothers me when some men don't get that a woman is 100% a human being who when reaching adulthood can decide whatever they want to do, even if they decide to walk naked on the street.

Under what authority can these [so called] men even voice any dislikes about someone else's behaviour?

Us women are not 'lesser' beings that need telling off if we do something you don't like, but that is how it comes across.

That's why I posted why MRA people show autistic traits and display bitterness against women probably from past rejections.

They are despicable and mostly background noise over-represented on the internet, the internet being a huge echo-chamber to their twisted theories rationalizing their bitterness.

I wouldn't consider they are representative of men in general and think you wouldn't meet them very often anyway since they tend to stay home in front of the computer (easier than facing the real world) as the OP said it.

Unfortunately they are very vocal on the internet because they spend so much time on it. You can find many of them on RedPill and similar forum, circlejerking about how men are rational and women are dominated by their genes and desire for reproduction.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

It's a cultural behavior, not an instinctive one. Goth girls don't dress like that because it gives them a reproductive advantage.

This was about feeling pretty not dressing like a Goth.

Without any cultural framework; "making yourself beautiful" can mean anything. In some countries they extend their necks, in some countries they love fat ladies, in some countries they like make up and mini skirts.

It is instinctive and natural to make oneself attractive according to the cultural framework one exists in.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

This was about feeling pretty not dressing like a Goth.

So goth girls don't feel pretty when they dress? Got you there. The more you post, the more you sound like a robot incapable of relating to others.

It is instinctive and natural to make oneself attractive according to the cultural framework one exists in.

That's a stupid biotruth unless you can provide some papers supporting this theory of yours. Also the amount of humans failing miserably at making themselves look attractive shows it's not an instinctive behavior, but a learned one.

Damn redpillers, they even infest ATS now. No place is safe.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Aboveway

This legitimately might be one of my least favorite subjects but lemme break it down. My sexuality need not directly impact you. The way that I dress may not even be overtly sexual and under the right circumstances I'll still be shouted at, be lewdly gestured at, encouraged to get in their car when there's nobody around to see if they decided to grab me, or straight up followed.

It's takes a fair bit of gall to presume that your comfort would trump my right to exist as I am and go about my business. Whereas you're arguing that you should be able to shout at me, 99% of those folks are harmless, but sometimes they get angry when you keep walking. Sometimes they follow you back to your place, and most folks I know that live in a highly populated area have experienced the scarier scenario, so don't be surprised if it comes off as threatening. At the core of it, most men are going to be able to out run, out battle most women, and historically they have a statistically higher percentage of violence.

I have never once left the house with the intention to "mess with someone's hormones". It's not all about you man, it's likely best if you'd let folks get to wherever they're going and if you want to hit on them, go to a bar where it's significantly less alarming.

Now, I feel for these mgtow, love shy, incel folks. I understand they feel like they got the short end of some genetic stick, but I assure you that becoming bitter about it is only going to destroy what social aptitude you may have left.

That Elliot Roger thing was a friggin travesty. But this kind of thinking only amplified his rage.
edit on 22-5-2015 by hearows because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

You've just sent me off on a whole new pathway of research
kudos.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

a reply to: ForestDweller

I, on the other hand, don't care at all what others think of me. I am very confident about who I am, and anyone who thinks they have me figured out (just by outer appearances) is usually wrong.

Having said that, are you willing to change your avatar? I mean for some reason there is a smoking hot chick in it. Isn't that what you want to portray?

Why not post your own pic?

Oh I love this! Jacy is hotter than her avatar! She doesn't need a smoking hot avatar of another woman!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

So goth girls don't feel pretty when they dress? Got you there. The more you post, the more you sound like a robot incapable of relating to others.

But I didn't say that at all.

Damn redpillers, they even infest ATS now. No place is safe.

Wth is a redpiller?

Also the amount of humans failing miserably at making themselves look attractive shows it's not an instinctive behavior, but a learned one.

This was about people feeling good about looking good. The fact that a lot of people don't look good has nothing to do with wanting to look good.
edit on 22-5-2015 by ForestDweller because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

She doesn't need a smoking hot avatar of another woman!

Why does she and you have one then?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

That's a stupid biotruth

Then why does a Goth dress exactly like the other Goths in their cultural framework?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I stressed an injury so I took a break and got on my kindle to read ATS for a few.. and saw this post while doing so.

I had never heard of redpill, so I thought hey, I'll check it out just to see what he is talking about. (I think you are a he anyway but I could be wrong...I haven't actually read enough posts to know I don't suppose)

Anyhoo... So I read a couple things about it, and wow... all I can say is that was some very scary #. Literally left me shaking .. those are the kind of people who kill. The type who will go to work one fine day and murder as many of their co-workers as possible before being themselves killed.

They are the reason people cannot trust just anyone they meet, and dating standards have to be within the strictest minutiae..

BMI is important? How about liking this person, you know, as a person... how about seeing what is on the inside and not the outside of another human being. "game"? Love and or potential marriage is decidedly not a game.. giving yourself intimately to another human being - with all trust - is not a game.

Just wow...

That just made me appreciate my husband a lot more... the man who told me he loved me, and it wouldn't matter if I was 4 foot tall and covered in warts, he just wanted to marry me..

That is what women want.. not some psychopath who might someday kill them and would definitely end up abusing them both physically and mentally.

some of those comments were frightening as hell...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Wow so that is what I am being called here? And for what? And I don't even agree with anything the OP said.

I want women to look hot.

Helloo?

Another instinctive reaction I am trying to explain you about.

It's simple biology. Not even saying that man(or woman) is not more than his/her biology.

Why this almost rabid resistance?

Especially from that dude.

Let me profile you too then.

The type of guy that has to suck up to women to get approval and attention.

Bleh.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

She doesn't need a smoking hot avatar of another woman!

Why does she and you have one then?

She loves dragons! I do too, but I love elves and this one's eyes were so intense, so mesmerizing! And she had gorgeous long flowing hair and was enchanting.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Do you know who that smoking hot chick avatar is???

Maybe she just likes Game of Thrones.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

She looks beautiful. I like it. I was immediately drawn towards your presence as a member and find it hard to be anything but nice to you, because I think I like you.

Do you like that I like you?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I was talking about many of those posters on redpill.. that was obvious in what I said..

and if you ARE one.. then yes, you are frightening to say the things they say..

and here.. you are sitting here absolutely obsessed with someone's avatar (which is off GOT) telling us women are what? Not people? Only concerned with sex and attracting males?

I think not.. and I have nothing more to say.
edit on 22-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I was talking about many of those posters on redpill.. that was obvious in what I said..

And I was obviously talking to the guy that called me a redpiller. I replied to your post because it explained what it was.

and if you ARE one.

Why would I be one?

and here.. you are sitting here absolutely obsessed with someone's avatar (which is off GOT) telling us women are what? Not people? Only concerned with sex and attracting males?

I am saying that there are subconscious psychological/biological mechanisms at work in the human mind.

Why does this make you mad?

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join