It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got a problem with women as they are.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ForestDweller

No, its really not..

there is a reason I wanted to marry a man who didn't know what I looked like - yet still wanted to marry me.

Its not because I was worried about being physically attractive... its because I wanted the one who loved me for my mind..

women don't dress nice or anything else for you all..as a matter of fact, we have to go to great lengths to be recognized as people with minds..
edit on 22-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

LOL
You in your first semester of PSYCH 101?

Somewhere along your journey you will find that some people don't give a rat's ass about other people's judgement or opinions. Some are free thinkers, who please themselves...literally.

Calling me childish? Oooh....burn!!!
I'd cry, but my mascara will run...and omg...what will people think?

jacygirl

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

hahahaha...

Oh no... not the mascara running! I have a tissue and will save you! hahahaha

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

women don't dress nice or anything else for you all..as a matter of fact, we have to go to great lengths to be recognized as people with minds..

So explain to me again why you want to look good.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Why do you feel so insulted and aggrevated? Just pointing out human instinct and psychology. Deny your nature all you want.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

because I like the way it feels, I like the feel of silk, I like the smooth clean feeling of being shaved.. I like it when my hair is clean and light on my head and back.. I love the wind in my hair.. I love the feel of warm sun on my skin..

It feels free... and I like it..

and I am one of the few here who HAS worn a burka..
edit on 22-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

But the discussion was about feeling good about LOOKING good. Not about how you like feeling fresh after a shower and shave.

I love the feel of warm sun on my skin..

Don't we all. And how does this relate to looking good?
edit on 22-5-2015 by ForestDweller because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

But it does make you feel good.. it makes you feel good to do all those things even when no one can see you..

When people see you it makes no difference.. the feeling is the same.. under a burka women still look pretty.. they still do all the same things..

its for them.. not for who sees or who doesn't.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForestDweller

Why do you feel so insulted and aggrevated? Just pointing out human instinct and psychology. Deny your nature all you want.

It's rather arrogant of you to assume that you know anything about me.
Insulted and aggravated? No, merely amused.

jacygirl

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Guys don't care what we have on... guys don't care if we wear make-up, or wear a pretty dress..

Well, yeah, sometimes we do. I can see how beautiful a woman is without all the makeup and such, but I definitely appreciate not only the effect, but also the effort, when she takes the time and trouble to do all that.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

It's rather arrogant of you to assume that you know anything about me.

It is rather arrogant to assume that I was even talking to you. There was one specific comment I responded too. Please qoute the comment where I was saying anything about you specifically.

edit on 22-5-2015 by ForestDweller because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

When people see you it makes no difference.. the feeling is the same..

Yes, because you are programmed to feel good about looking good because it is an advantage when it comes to passing on your genes.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

*sigh*

I did quote the comment...where you wrote that I felt insulted and aggravated.
Isn't recess over yet?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

but as you said, you can still tell whether or not we are attractive without it.. we don't change what we look like when we wear make-up or anything else.. all it does is accentuate what is there - what you already noticed, and highlight the more prominent features..and not wearing it doesn't stop you all from falling all over yourselves..

appreciating that your wife/loved one would go through a bit of effort is you being happy that she wants to look good "for you" but it doesn't make any difference in how much you want her.. it just makes you feel like she still wants you.

but she still does it for her.. because it makes her feel good. If I told my hubby that I got up this morning and showered and put on this dress for him he would laugh out loud.. because he is just not that stupid.. if he was though, I might tell him that, to make him feel good.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Don't lie. It's not a good look. Everyone can see from your reply that you were annoyed by my comments.

Don't kid yourself Jacy.

Isn't recess over yet?

I see, so this insult was also born from amusement, and not from annoyance.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Absolute self-gratifying amusement. It's not about you at all.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

but she still does it for her.. because it makes her feel good

I get what you're saying, but I don't think some men do. It's like when my wife bought some expensive sexy underwear at Victoria's Secret. It wasn't for me, it was for her. Even when no one else could see it, she knew it was there.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

lol.. okay.. so I am now laughing my butt off..

I told hubby I got up this morning showered and put on this dress for him.. then I asked if he believed that..

and he said.. "why yes, you did do all that for me - that and cooked - it was all for me and I am one hell of a guy to cause you to do all that!"

take that however you want,.. but I am laughing so so so hard right now!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Absolute self-gratifying amusement. It's not about you at all.

You didn't direct several insults at me when I did no such thing to you? Well as long as you're amused I guess.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

The truth is, my husband is the one completely concerned with what other people are thinking of him, all the time.
I am forever telling him that he is old enough to please himself, but his upbringing has left him believing that everyone is constantly judging him.

I, on the other hand, don't care at all what others think of me. I am very confident about who I am, and anyone who thinks they have me figured out (just by outer appearances) is usually wrong.

You called me childish, and a liar...and yet my feelings are not hurt. You are just a word/name on a screen, so you have no way of knowing what I'm all about. I'm okay with that.
Yes, this 'banter' was amusing to me. Entertainment.

I truly hope you have a lovely day.
jacygirl

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join