It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got a problem with women as they are.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
For the future saying 'sorry you(reason)' is no apology at all.

But sorry you clearly don't understand how you generalized and then backpedaled and made excuses and justifications.
See how that works?

No because there is nothing in my posts where I assigned general characteristics to autists. But I can understand why you feel hurt by my use of the term in relationship to redpillers.

I'm sincerely sorry you got offended by my choice of words. Unless you subscribe to RedPill / MRAs ideas, in that case I mean every single word

edit on 21-5-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Aboveway

Damn those women! They should have to be clothed from head to foot. Hell, make them cover their faces, too. That'll teach them.

Can you smell the sarcasm?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I wore more make-up as a teenager than as an adult. As a young adult I wore
sexier clothes,higher heels and was in your face with my bust line.
Now,several decades later,I dress according to my age and religious views.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: darknewt

I love this post and had a good laugh over it.Star for you and these

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

It isn't all women, or all girls, but it is an issue. I have seen clothing for small children that I wouldn't allow a teenage girl to wear. Some women don't have any idea how to dress for everyday, and some have even less idea how to dress their daughters, so they aren't attracting the wrong sort of attention. There is a time and place for cute, sexy outfits, and there is a time for other types of dress as well. Stuff I'd have worn to a nightclub in my younger days has no place in a school, or a work environment, for example. Plus, some women seem to have no clue how they actually look in some clothing.

Makeup, well, I have no issues with that, if it's done properly. On that note, some seriously overdo it. Makeup should, for most occasions, not look like makeup, but instead be an enhancement of natural features. A little eye color or nail polish, sure, is alright, but for most days, subtlety should be the rule. People should think, "Oh, she looks nice today!", not, "Wow, that's a lot of eye shadow!".

For your issue, learn self control? Hang around women who aren't exhibitionists? There will always be people you find attractive; that's normal human nature. You can't expect the ladies to go around covered from head to toe, just so you don't ind them appealing.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
A truly beautiful woman doesn't need super short skirts or clothing so tight it looks painted on. And...every single one of those super beautiful women are going to age and eventually can only hide so many flaws. What woman would want a man who is just interested in her physical beauty? There is dressing sexy and alluring without looking like a tramp. Women need to find that balance.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aboveway
Women are not supposed to be this good looking. Women in modern times are showing so much skin, wearing extremely tight outfits, wearing make-up that used to be available only to royalty.

Women increased their appeal by about 300-400 % using all kinds of tips and tricks.

This kind of in your face sex behaviour needs to stop. If this doesn't stop it will get to the point where women will walk naked down the street.

............ and whats wrong with that ????

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

So you want woman less sexy???

I disagree. You just mentioned some of my favorite things about women. You should be enjoying it.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
A truly beautiful woman doesn't need super short skirts or clothing so tight it looks painted on. And...every single one of those super beautiful women are going to age and eventually can only hide so many flaws. What woman would want a man who is just interested in her physical beauty? There is dressing sexy and alluring without looking like a tramp. Women need to find that balance.

I'm sorry, I dont understand this comment.

Why does a woman look like a tramp just cos she looks like she is feeling very sexual and showing a lot of skin? Does it mean a woman is a tramp just because she goes topless or nude on the beach, in the back yard, around the how the house or the shower?

I hope there is no suggestion here that just cos a woman might go topless in a night club, for example, does that mean she has less morals than someone who does not. I suggest that suggesting that just because a woman shows a lot of skin that she is in someway immoral is somewhat immoral itself. treading on very thin ice i think.

cheers

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I am doing it for myself. I love looking pretty, it makes me happy.

And you are sure there is not a psychological mechanism behind that? You love looking pretty for yourself. And this has nothing to do with the way you want the outside world to see you? Yeah right.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForestDweller

And you are sure there is not a psychological mechanism behind that? You love looking pretty for yourself. And this has nothing to do with the way you want the outside world to see you? Yeah right.

You have an issue with women wanting to look nice to please themselves?
And you are sure there is not a psychological mechanism behind that?

jacygirl

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I don't have an issue with anything, I am just making an observation.

Btw, your, "no YOU are are stupid" response is a bit childish. No need to "stand up for your sister" since I wasn't being critical of women in general, at all.

Why would you be pleased to look good if you were the only person on Earth? What would it matter if there was noone else to judge?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

You know when you go get a haircut and it feels super fresh and nice and you like it? You know when you purchase that jacket you want so bad?

It's the same.

Or are you telling me you select your clothes and style based on what you expect people will like? Yeah right.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ForestDweller

yes... if I was the only person on earth, I would still want to look nice. Guys don't care what we have on... guys don't care if we wear make-up, or wear a pretty dress..

we do. it makes us feel nice.. its like when I shave, I like the way my legs feel - all smooth and silky.. when I wear silky dress.. I love the feel of it against my skin...that is for me.. not him.. he could care less! I could be wearing coveralls, work boots and be covered in cow # and still get hit on..(and yes, that HAS actually happened when I had to run to town right after delivering a calf)

looking nice is all for me..

edit on 22-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

Or are you telling me you select your clothes and style based on what you expect people will like? Yeah right.

You do so based on how you want to portray yourself to the outside world. You only see yourself when you look in the mirror.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

f I was the only person on earth, I would still want to look nice.

That is the psychological mechanism I was talking about. You only want to look good because you are naturally programmed to want to look good to attract the opposite sex.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ForestDweller

If all I wanted was to attract the opposite sex I wouldn't even need to bathe .. lol.. its not about attracting the opposite sex.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

You do so based on how you want to portray yourself to the outside world. You only see yourself when you look in the mirror.

Actually I don't care so much how clothes look. I select them based on the feel and how fitting they are. And of course I must want to wear them because they please me.

I'm not trying to create some kind of character or whatever like you suggest.

I choose my clothes like I choose what I eat, entirely based on how much it pleases ME. It's impossible to please everyone else anyway so I would be stupid trying to dress based on what people expect.
edit on 22-5-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

It is a psychological mechanism. It is your progranmming. It is not a conscious choice. Common now isn't it obvious.

You feel good when you look good. Why would it matter if you are your only judge. It is completely natural to be geared towards the judgement of the outside world. It is your nature.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

The discussion was about women wanting to feel pretty. I am not sure why I am having this discussion with a dude.

You were talking about style too. Is having a style not a statement to the outside world?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join