It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA! USA! USA! Calling all 'Patriots'!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I'm not blaming it for 'everything' - and as mentioned earlier -am only singling it out because of the context of the thread.

I could indeed make a list of countries and their negatives - Spain - fascist, Canada - piss up in a brewery, Sub Saharan African Countries - backwards, aggressive and corrupt.... blah blah the list would include every country. It's also not about sending aid - which is far more a complex situation then 'just sending money and stuff to help other countries' - it's about PR and inter-country relations... You send aid to a certain country, you're showing an allegiance.

Of course, those terrible countries in our man's list above - yes, we should indeed blame the leader's - these leaders have access to facilities that could indeed change their way of life, but corruption is in charge.

Just like America - but it's worse -can you see? The Americans are professing that US is a modern forward thinking nation, a nation to be proud of - How can anyone be proud of a country with billions of dollars yet so many poor people, poor areas, poverty and illness. Modern Americans are going hungry.

Like I keep saying - all countries are going down the swan but let's not allude to the idea that America is a good place, with tight morals, nice people, good leaders.

As much as I've explained in this thread... You must be able to understand my hatred is not blind - but fueled by flags and idiocy. I hate the western world, I hate the leaders and I hate the illusion that has been created of the land of the free or whatever it's called.

I appreciate your viewpoint and if you truly love America then that's for you.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Shh don't muck up a good old fashioned I hate America thread will silly things like facts.

To the Op: what's the time limit allowed for massacers? Because your history must be a little lacking if you think scandanavian people have never done evil.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
and is the country more people want to move to than anywhere else.

I disagree with you there, just because Mexicans can easily cross the border doesn't mean everyone wants to move there.....the truth is every bugger and their dog wants to move here in the UK. Free healthcare, benefits, nice house and an easy life.

Until the UK gets out of Europe, I don't see that stopping anytime soon.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I think we could all at least agree that, hypothetically, if our family and friends were killed the My Lai massacre, we might not have fondness for the U.S.

That was the point of the OP.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Here is a list of Massacres by Country

en.m.wikipedia.org...:Massacres_by_country

The OP is right that the USA doesn't sit very pretty in this list.

On the other hand, it is kind of a testimonial to the fairness of Wikipedia, and the general guilt reflex of the average American that the USA doesn't attempt to hide this. By all means, we should continue to be self-critical. And we should gain some self-respect from that attitude.

Although Wikipedia is an International website, it is also kind of a USA institution. Give credit there.

There is a lot of history left out of this discussion, such as how the USA started and ended in Vietnam, the brutality on ALL SIDES during that war, and what we all learned and lived subsequent to Vietnam.

Consider how the USA reacted when it found out about the My Lai Massacre -- with revulsion and anger towards the military in general -- a very damaging attitude to the those American soldiers that were innocent and good. Nobody in the USA was glad that My Lai happened -- rather there was huge anger and shame. That feeling lingers to this very day, hence the effectiveness of the OP article.

edit on 21-5-2015 by Axial Leader because: Fix URL.

edit on 21-5-2015 by Axial Leader because: fix URL

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I'm not blaming it for 'everything' - and as mentioned earlier -am only singling it out because of the context of the thread.

Except the OP already said the point of the thread is that America is evil and the rest of the world is good. He said no country in Europe would ever do anything bad like the evil USA. It's a lie.

I appreciate your viewpoint and if you truly love America then that's for you.

There is a difference between America, the good it has done and the will of the People, and American greedy politicians.

As far as politicians go ours are every bit as scummy as everywhere else and they drag us through the mud.

As far as people go the American people, we have bad people like everywhere else, but we probably do more "good" in the world than any other country in the history of the world.

It's quite possible to love one and hate the other.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

I disagree with you there, just because Mexicans can easily cross the border doesn't mean everyone wants to move there.....the truth is every bugger and their dog wants to move here in the UK. Free healthcare, benefits, nice house and an easy life.

Except you are wrong. America is the most desired destination in the world for people to permanently move to.

About 13% of the world's adults -- or more than 640 million people -- say they would like to leave their country permanently. Roughly 150 million of them say they would like to move to the U.S. -- giving it the undisputed title as the world's most desired destination for potential migrants since Gallup started tracking these patterns in 2007.

www.gallup.com...

Sure not everyone wants to move here, but it's still the most desired destination, as many people want to move to the USA as want to move to the next 4 counties topping the list. I think the UK is amazing myself, and if I was to move from the US it would be near the top of my list of places to emigrate to. Probably why it's #2 on the list.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

Why do I need an excuse, I was involved in none if that?

Seems you want to blame me for things my father or his father did.

Except, neither of them did it either.

I'm the only person in generations of my family to have served.

How about you try some therapy for your obsession with hating america.

And obsession with blaming the innocent for acts committed before they were even born.

I was simply pointing out the fact that are but a few responses one should expect from the crowd the OP is directed toward.

I'm sorry if you're offended by your own predictability.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Except the OP already said the point of the thread is that America is evil and the rest of the world is good.

I'm still not sure you've read the entire OP yet.
edit on 22-5-2015 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: humanityrising

i can't respond to all of your 'complaints' but I can see that many of these things occurred before I was born or when I was still just a baby and I personally feel no responsibility whatsoever for paying 'reparations'; not even a single example of alleged cruelty can I help you with.

My Brother in Law and Niece, my Son's first Cousin are Vietnamese and they seem just fine with me...so i'm not sure at all how you fit into this discussion.

however...if you or any one you know can cite a single 'crime' I've committed and show that 'justice' has been denied to you...i'll consider hearing your plea.

edit on 22-5-2015 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

But it's a false statement.. We actually have a pretty good relationship with Vietnam considering how recent the conflict was and how brutal all sides were.

I remember reading a book about Carlos hathcock where he talked about the only kill he enjoyed. A female that used to kidnap gi's and once the sun was down would torture them through the night where the troops got to listen...

I imagine if you hear things like that, see the remains in the morning, with the fear building each day it's a recipe for a massacre.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

They may want to but are they? Our legal immigration alone doubles the UK and more than triples Canada. The numbers of immigrants to the US is staggering. In 2013 (the most available US statistics thanks to the current policy) we had a million LPR's (green card holders). These are the legal identified immigrants. Almost 40% came from Mexico,China,India,Philippines,Dominican Republic. the rest is a mix of the rest of the free world that finds a way. again that is just the legal numbers. If we start talking Illegal immigration and net migration it looks like the flood gates are open to the US.

www.migrationpolicy.org...

regarding the OP...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Funny I would have thought you might have brought up Project Phoenix.
Time passes people learn and become allies as needed.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Does anyone know how to do the "death To America" thing and say, "Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala"?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanityrising

originally posted by: Danbones

when you get invaded ( the gulf of tonkin NEVER happened ) you do what you have to do
to blame someone that small re how the defend themselves against someone so big
who lied so they could justify coming over to rape you
well, I'll let you name that concept just to see what you come up with

Hypocrisy, ignorance, narcissism, bias due to nationalism, reaction to chaffing perineum...take your pick.

Yea the North had a strong case of nationalism really. What should they care if the South formed its own government and paled around with French and Americans. Like wow! Look at all the slaughter that the North dished out during TET. Look what they did in Hue. Talk about xenophobic narcissism.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanityrising
I think we could all at least agree that, hypothetically, if our family and friends were killed the My Lai massacre, we might not have fondness for the U.S.

That was the point of the OP.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Calling all 'Patriots'!

When did being a patriot become a bad thing??

I'm one, and proudly so.

Our Country! In her intercourse with foreign nations may she always be in the right; but right or wrong, our country!”

en.wiktionary.org...

This is my attitude, and no amount of vitriol aimed at it will change it.

No, this country isn't perfect. ...and it didn't take discovering the my lai massecre several decades after the fact to point that out. It's never been perfect.

But it's my home, and will remain so for however much time I have remaining in this world.

I keep hearing how bad it is. What are any of you doing to fix it? My guess would be not a hell of a lot...because if we were doing something about it, it would have been fixed centuries ago, right?

My love, patriotism if you will, is unconditional. Not blind, but unconditional. ...and as I stated above, that's not going to change.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Axial Leader
Here is a list of Massacres by Country

Consider how the USA reacted when it found out about the My Lai Massacre -- with revulsion and anger towards the military in general -- a very damaging attitude to the those American soldiers that were innocent and good. Nobody in the USA was glad that My Lai happened -- rather there was huge anger and shame. That feeling lingers to this very day, hence the effectiveness of the OP article.

It would be effective but we need to understand what OP is really after. OP really wants to define the US by My Lai. As if it were the penultimate model and explanation.

The truth about My Lai is that the North had been so effective at terrorizing folks in the South with similar methods that the desperate americans tried drifting into those dark waters as an answer to problems dealing with the locals. The North was bad for disappearing people, forcing folks to fight or die ect, ect.

Like I said above look what the communist fanatics did to the civilians in Hue.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
When you go out on patrol at the age of 18 and find one of your buddies with his legs broken and bent behind his back, with three feet of a six foot long bamboo pole pounded up his rear and the other end planted in the ground so he is standing there when you find him, his eyes gouged out and shoved down his throat with his genitals before his mouth was sewn shut. Get a good long look at that. Let that image burn in so you see it every time you close your eyes. Then tell me how nice and civil you will act in war.

Whether you want to believe it or not little angst boy...we were the good guys.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
“If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” Gutle Schnaper Rothschild - Rothchilds Mommy.

War is being waged against everyone unequally, for the benefit of the very extremely wealthy. If people are going to wage war, they'd better turn the tables first because the guys they're working for suck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join