It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA! USA! USA! Calling all 'Patriots'!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: humanityrising
Wow and I'm the biased one. Ever think that billions of people might beg to differ with you?

So now you speak for billions? Hilarious.

America is still considered the best country in the world by the billions you speak of, and is the country more people want to move to than anywhere else.

Hilarious how wrong you are. France started the Vietnam war .. America is the bad guy.

Do you honestly not know there are billions (that's right, plural, with an 's') who don't think "America is the greatest country in the world"? Thanks for the chuckle. Oh and the 3rd grade history lesson.

Here's the part where I realize there's no point in arguing with someone who's whole game is tangential arguments and ad hominem snarks.
edit on 21-5-2015 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Wow and I'm the biased one. Ever think that billions of people might beg to differ with you?

So now you speak for billions? Hilarious.

America is still considered the best country in the world by the billions you speak of, and is the country more people want to move to than anywhere else.

Hilarious how wrong you are. France started the Vietnam war .. America is the bad guy.

Do you honestly not know there are billions (that's right, plural, with an 's') who don't think "America is the greatest country in the world"? Thanks for the chuckle. Oh and the 3rd grade history lesson.

Here's the part where I realize there's no point in arguing with someone who's whole game is tangential arguments and ad hominem snarks.

So much for your previous post.

Why don't we just call it before you bite my ear off out of desperation? It'd be much more dignified.

Don't respond and let that be the last word. Betcha can't refuse the bait.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick
a reply to: humanityrising

So your premise is, that a bunch of drugged out kids that were thrown in the middle of hell against their will acted badly?

Nope.

BTW that is nothing compared to many other nations.

Except pretty much every country in Northern Europe that knows how to behave, and have non-interventionist foreign policy. Their quality of life far surpasses ours as a result.

America ain't perfect, but its better than any of the others.

I wasn't expecting the exact people I described in the OP to show up, but I'm glad you all did, as you're proving your stereotype splendidly. Thank you.

Yes the billions in China or India are doing great!!!!

And we could all live just like the Scandinavian folks, except everything about t our situations is different.

What stereotype is that?

Not bashing america constantly?

Ya takes a real hard read of history to see most countries on earth are way better than us.

Here's a long list of countries that are hellholes compared to america.

Mexico
Panama
Brazil
Columbia
Venezuela
All the stans
Russia
China
North Korea
Vietnam
Laos
Cambodia
Tai land
Iran
Iraq
Syria
Saudi Arabia
Kenya
Trinidad in tabago
Nigeria
Egypt
Congo

Starting to see a pattern here.

People from all these places want to immigrate to western nations because their nations suck ass.

Most of the world sucks really really bad.

America is at the top if the list of the least suckiest places to live.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

So much for your previous post.

Do explain please?

Don't respond and let that be the last word. Betcha can't refuse the bait.

Well this bait is quite juicy. Consider this an affirmation that your vulture-like online presence actually has some meaning.

In case you guys haven't looked at a map in the last thousand years, France is in what is known as Central Europe. The countries I was referring to were Finland, Norway, Sweden, Iceland et al. Maybe a history lesson on how Iceland started the Vietnam war? Or how about how much better the U.S. is than them?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
So because america isn't better than Finland its worse than China?

Bwahahaha

Getting desperate now aren't you?
edit on 21-5-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

They're not hell holes... they have poverty and death - like US.

It's embarrassing the US is 'civilized' and 'advanced' yet still has poverty and death issues like the 3rd world countries you listed.

You need to travel more.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I appreciate everyone's input, but I'm going to hang back for today. Petty, off-topic jabs, and the shrill cackling of hyenas are not exactly how I envisioned this thread to end up. It might do you all a service to your cause if you would try having some class while stating your points. You've managed to pull me down to your level, and now I feel disgusted, and I choose to sink no further.

If anyone wants to actually contribute while leaving pretension and hubris at the door, I'd be glad to rejoin the conversation.

Cheers

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
OP Viet Nam was hell on earth for both sides. It takes monster to do monstrous things. War takes young men who were just getting to grips with life - learning the life skills of moving from teen-hood with expectations to manhood and for some are turned into those monsters that the masters wished to groom. Then leaving the service they witness having their country turn their backs on us.

I will not go into this as this thread has exposed too many emotions for me, yet, I read through this to see if anything has changed.

The sadness those of us who walked the walk in protests with "The Viet Nam Vets Against the War" are saddened that their is indeed now, The Iraq Vets Against the War and the Afgan Vets Against the War. Our era we had draft and no Internet with the 5 n 6 o'clock news which the war in VN was headline.

Zippo raids were more common placed than the public will ever know. There are many questions I would like to ask you but will refrain as those who write far better than myself have asked to no avail valid questions which were not answered IMHO. So I will ask you one, from a person who marched many times, stood and was counted - WTF have you done besides write messages and stirred emotions. How have you ever put yourself on the line for your beliefs? Have you put your life on the line for another man you may or not know?!?

There are many of my kind that has left America and moved to remote locations. I am in a lovely seaside village and cities are a drive away and its threads like this I cannot resist the desire to get people like you who not been where you described and cannot begin to understand what change a young man wanting to get lucky with his HS sweetheart into monsters of war! Those soldiers are the second victims of VN and the masters in DC! They were once young people with dreams who had robbed futures.

I have no excuse for the modern vets as IMHO 9 11 was an inside job to create the perfect long term sustainable war and there were tools for those who thought to learn from our mistakes.

They did not hear our chants, "To Hell with National Honour - WE WON'T BE USED AGAIN!"! (yes I spell with a "u" and "TDawgRex " called me a poser... a u2u to him now understands....

I have been gone from the US (30 years now) and the changes blow my mind. Many have lost their lives, both living and the dead to prevent this from happening, but then that is what they taught us....

My suggestion... go to a VA hospital and hug a vet.... every trip hmmm dare I call it home, back to the States I no longer recognized I spend most of 1 day in a VA hospital. I spent that time with my brothers of my era. They are in pain and still angry. It saddens me....

Edited to correct spelling as when one is emotional over written words one does not pay attention to that nor grammar until posting

edit on 5/21/2015 by IceHappy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

It's embarrassing the US is 'civilized' and 'advanced' yet still has poverty and death issues like the 3rd world countries you listed.

You need to travel more.

The country is made up and controlled by people.

You are expecting some eutopian perfection.

This will never exist in human society.

And its is so bad in comparison to america, and all western countries, that they risk death and dismemberment to try to get here.

Ya sure, their countries are just like ours.

People crowd boats like cattle cars to leave america for Bangladesh all the time...lol

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I appreciate everyone's input, but I'm going to hang back for today. Petty, off-topic jabs, and the shrill cackling of hyenas are not exactly how I envisioned this thread to end up. It might do you all a service to your cause if you would try having some class while stating your points. You've managed to pull me down to your level, and now I feel disgusted, and I choose to sink no further.

If anyone wants to actually contribute while leaving pretension and hubris at the door, I'd be glad to rejoin the conversation.

Cheers

How did you envision it going?

"Ya america sucks, it the worst place ever!!!"

Lol, sry guy.

It isn't, next time try not to use so much hyperbole.

We all get it, america ain't perfect, but it is way better than the picture you tried to paint.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: humanityrising

My first husband was a vietnam veteran. Most of the time they don't
talk much about their tour of duty over there.The only things my ex
did tell me,if you saw a child under a certain age wearing clothes,
you had to shoot that child.
They would booby trap small children to attract sympathy from a U.S.
soldier.The U.S. soldier would approach the child to help him or her and
they would both blow up.I also heard that women would put razor blades
in their vaginas to cut some GI's penis.
I also remember news stories from several years ago about the vietnamese
trying to sell U.S. soldiers' bones and other remains.
That "war" was so micro-managed by the president,they couldn't shoot up
an outhouse without permission.I also believe that some soldiers were
arrested for some of the killings over there.
My opinion...The most shocking episode of that war was believing that
south vietnam would not fall.It wasn't long after our troops pulled out that
Saigon fell.Then all the people who had helped the U.S. were slaughtered.
Then all those who had tried fleeing from vietnam in boats ended up in
a hell on water.Other countries were refusing them to come on shore and
they ended up cannibalizing each other to survive.
I am a patriot and I know that my country has made several serious mistakes
in her past.It is still the best country and that is why she is being destroyed
from the inside out by those who hate our freedoms.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: IceHappy
WTF have you done besides write messages and stirred emotions. How have you ever put yourself on the line for your beliefs?

IceHappy, the world is a messed up place and I do what I can to make it better when I have time. My first instinct was not to grab a gun and join a war. I have volunteered at orphanages, shelters, done counseling and helped with disaster relief in 6 countries. I try to do the same here at home as much as I can. I am active in rotary. As a performer I try to be a part of as many benefits as possible, and play at retirement homes often.

Your service is greatly appreciated and your pain far too indescribable for me to comprehend. We both know war is not the answer, it will never really solve anything.

Breaking the boundaries between cultures that are taught to hate each other by their leaders is our hope for the future. The point of the OP, which is lost to many, was to point out that the U.S. is no better than anyone else, and believing it is just creates global friction and enables the power mongers to have free reign. Lives have been ruined and lifelong vendettas against this nation have been created as a result of foreign policy.

This idea that we are somehow the chosen ones, given the power of global deliberation by God himself is so terribly bad for humanity's future, and for everyone involved.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Sweeping statements never made a wise man of any of us.

Looking at SE Asia alone - they're not cramming boats to get over to America. Most are happy where they are.

When have I 'expected utopian perfection'?

These countries are different from ours/yours - but rose tinted glasses should be removed, likewise, negative connotations learned through the media representations of these countries should be forgotten. There is a reason you are told to believe 'Merica is heaven. Similar to how the immigrants have their hopes mis-managed.

Until you have walked the streets in the countries you list, you cannot make valid comment, your views are coming from the US media, you are just the middle man. Unless of course you have visited these places.

Of course, there is mass emigration from these countries, because parts of them are horrible, painful places... They come to your 'Land of the Free' because it's the next worse thing.

We need to be realistic and consider how horrendous America really is. It is breeding a dumbed down, overweight animal, obsessed with image and products over love and morals. A land where the bullet is louder than the song. A land in which black youths are left to rot and make their environments even worse for the next generations - who are getting younger and younger. A place where access to healthy, unprocessed food is almost impossible. A country in which racism is so huge that the red-necks will attack another white man just because he looks different.

To be honest, I f****ng hate your country and the type of ignorant malnourished-yet-fat loser it breeds. Same as my country, only we abuse children whilst we're polluting the next generations.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

That's great, and a completely meaningless response. Most of the world looks favorably on the US. If a small portion of the world hated America we still have billions.

Why won't you tell me all these magical countries that EVERYONE loves that has NEVER committed any awful acts. Why won't you tell me?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Sweeping statements never made a wise man of any of us.

Looking at SE Asia alone - they're not cramming boats to get over to America. Most are happy where they are.

It's too far. They are to get to Australia, and soon will be moving to the US if Obama has his wish.

When have I 'expected utopian perfection'?

These countries are different from ours/yours - but rose tinted glasses should be removed, likewise, negative connotations learned through the media representations of these countries should be forgotten. There is a reason you are told to believe 'Merica is heaven. Similar to how the immigrants have their hopes mis-managed.

No one thinks America is heaven who lives there. Logical fallacy. It's the rest of the world who thinks those things. Want to know how many women have wanted to marry me just to move to America from SE Asia? Well into double digits.

Until you have walked the streets in the countries you list, you cannot make valid comment, your views are coming from the US media, you are just the middle man. Unless of course you have visited these places.

Of course, there is mass emigration from these countries, because parts of them are horrible, painful places... They come to your 'Land of the Free' because it's the next worse thing.

Meaning better. They flee here .. and stay. We don't flee there. The fact they stay means it's better here.

We need to be realistic and consider how horrendous America really is. It is breeding a dumbed down, overweight animal, obsessed with image and products over love and morals. A land where the bullet is louder than the song. A land in which black youths are left to rot and make their environments even worse for the next generations - who are getting younger and younger. A place where access to healthy, unprocessed food is almost impossible. A country in which racism is so huge that the red-necks will attack another white man just because he looks different.

Spoken like someone who never lived in America and speaking from ignorance.

To be honest, I f****ng hate your country and the type of ignorant malnourished-yet-fat loser it breeds. Same as my country, only we abuse children whilst we're polluting the next generations.

Why am I not surprised you have a lot of hatred.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

You need to travel more.

What country do you know of with zero poverty and zero death?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I appreciate your replies.

I'm not implying any country is perfect, neither implying there is a country with zero poverty and death. America (like most Western countries) is in a position to eradicate most poverty - but it chooses not to. Or the white leaders choose not to. This is why it's embarrassing to read any posts in favour of America.

Meaning better. They flee here .. and stay. We don't flee there. The fact they stay means it's better here.

On the whole (depending on ideologies but let's say on the whole) Western countries are 'better' in many ways. We'd have to discuss what we mean by 'better' though - the grass is always greener - hence why the rich move to Thailand and the poor migrate over to the West. However they stay not because it is 'better' but because they have no real ways of getting back. It's a one way ticket.

With regards to hatred - yes... I despise the western world and how our morals are being eaten away and replaced with a love of money and things/products. The fact that people will blindly support their country stokes the flames of hate. And as emboldened above - any patriotism is just a false sense of power.

Honestly, I hate my country and the people it produces as much as yours.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: James1970
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Sounds like an "American Sniper" type guy. Someone who would kill fellow Americans who are searching for food during a natural disaster. SAD.

Bu that didn't happen--it is a myth that people accept as fact. Kyle wasn't even in the states during Katrina.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I'm not implying any country is perfect, neither implying there is a country with zero poverty and death. America (like most Western countries) is in a position to eradicate most poverty - but it chooses not to. Or the white leaders choose not to. This is why it's embarrassing to read any posts in favour of America.

False. We send aid to other countries, and the leaders of those countries take it. Many times those leaders are not white. Maybe you should blame America less and blame the leaders of the impoverished countries more. We could send them a trillion dollars, enough to make the entire country rich, and the people would not see a single penny. You can blame America for everything all you want, the reality does not match your belief.

With regards to hatred - yes... I despise the western world and how our morals are being eaten away and replaced with a love of money and things/products. The fact that people will blindly support their country stokes the flames of hate. And as emboldened above - any patriotism is just a false sense of power.

I dislike that as well. It does not lead me down the road of blind hatred though.

ETA: Even though the amount of aid America sends the world is STAGGERING, we don't have to do it at all. It is not our responsibility to send 1 cent. We owe nothing.
edit on 21-5-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

False. We send aid to other countries, and the leaders of those countries take it. Many times those leaders are not white. Maybe you should blame America less and blame the leaders of the impoverished countries more. We could send them a trillion dollars, enough to make the entire country rich, and the people would not see a single penny. You can blame America for everything all you want, the reality does not match your belief.

I dislike that as well. It does not lead me down the road of blind hatred though.

ETA: Even though the amount of aid America sends the world is STAGGERING, we don't have to do it at all. It is not our responsibility to send 1 cent. We owe nothing.

The above it true. People say how much they hate us, but they sure love our aid money.

As for the Mai Lai massacre, people often forget that while it was a group of American soldiers who did this war crime, it was also American soldiers who brought it to light and pushed for prosecution of the perpetrators.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join