It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A hypothetical scenario if America and its citizens were wiped out.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

edit on 21-5-2015 by MimiSia because: Hypothetical scenario

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

You want some American pie with that footy?

Australians are very fussy about their pies , you never know what has been put into an American pie .

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

what coast u from?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

Fact i barrack for the crows is a hint .

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622
Ah yeah

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: croatianguy

What would happen is that European Private Central Bankers would make deals with Russia and China and a new era of peace would start.

No longer could bankers start wars, but they would still be strong enough to fight Russia and China if need be.

So there would be peace.

A stalemate

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
The US goes down in the history books as the greatest nation ever.Maybe at last Peace.

Wrong forum

Joke forum down there

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
A very large part of the world is going to starve.
azdailysun.com...

The United States donates more food to the world than most other nations combined

www.epa.gov...

Corn: The United States is, by far, the largest producer of corn in the world,

The U.S. produces about 10% of the world's wheat and supplies about 25% of the world's wheat export market.

the U.S. produce soybeans making the U.S. the largest producer and exporter of soybeans. , accounting for over 50% of the world's soybean production

edit on 21-5-2015 by DAVID64 because: add

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Aboveway
Only for the "pity factor". Humanity is known to be very overlooking when a celebrity passes.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
You beat me to it.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

After an hour
People realize that America is quiet

After a day
People realize that America is gone

After a week
Around the world, enemies of America celebrate, allies mourn

After a month
The world economy collapses due to it's reliance on the petrodollar and transportation infrastructure developed by america

After a year
The world is back to the Dark Ages due to numerous wars, the Commonwealth forms up again and Britain goes on the offensive

After a decade
The world is irreversibly damaged and won't rebuild for another century

You do realize just how much commerce and things are touched by America, right?
Or how much money and potential investments depends on the security of America?

Is everyone here that anti-American?
Goshdarn, for a site that preaches deny ignorance, you guys are really ignorant.

If the United States falls, EVERYONE falls.
Everything in the world is dependent on the United States in one way or another.
Welcome to the future, we all live in Amerika

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Depending on which country was responsible for the bombing.
I would say that most of the world would party hard and have
mass celebrations in their streets.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I think Thisguy27 pretty much nailed it.

This is what worries me about Yellowstone. A few days of that belching ash and the USA would cease to exist as we know it. A huge portion would be uninhabitable / dead. Refugees would crowd the southern part. Huge parts of prime farmland would be unworkable for several years. And the world climate might get cooler for a while.
I can see Canada and Mexico closing their borders (unless you have a sack full of gold). Would be interesting to see how much emergency relief the rest of the world would provide (if any!).
I think the tech world would hiccup. I have no idea how many servers etc are in the USA.
Over time USA satellites would decay and stop working. This alone might put Russia in the world's drivers seat. The EU, China, etc would scramble to beef up their own space programs.
Food crisis between the USA inability to produce and the presumed cold.
I'm guessing a rump US in the southeast would try to keep things going. California / Oregon/Washington might well declare an independent Pacifica and do their own thing. Texas and Oklahma would seal their borders, hoard their oil, and do pretty well.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The world would rejoice because America is evil and everyone in it sucks.

And they hate tiny baby kittens.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If any one of the world's great nations goes and takes its economy with it, the whole world will suffer.

It doesn't matter which one you are talking about: the US, China, Russia, the EU ...

Additionally, the Midwest of the US is one of the world's great breadbaskets. You don't just pluck that up without upsetting the global marketplace, either. There are other agricultural regions, but for various reasons, there are few of them can match the productivity of the American breadbasket.

So between the sudden loss of one of the world's great economies and the loss of that much food output, the rest of the world would be in deep trouble.

And that's before you get into the sudden re-ordering the world's geopolitical power structure which would likely be about as pleasant given the first two problems as the tectonic reordering that might occur if someone just suddenly plucked the North American kraton off the face of the earth and everyone else was left to crunch together and solidify however it could.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Okay forget about the economic and political fallout. Lots of good answers there.
Lets talk culturally.

How would the cinema scene change - would Indian Bollywood movies become the new world force?
And would rap and r'n'b survive without its big power US base.

And how would the net change? Would it be the downfall of Google and Youtube or would they continue on somehow?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Euro movies would rule.

rap / RnB would disappear (good thing). real music would make a comeback.

downfall of google/yahoo/microsoft opens door for challenger. having said that, I'm sure these companies have international offices; they might step up.

would English continue to be the go-to language of entertainment? and aviation?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
But I would have no one left to tease about Cheeze-In-A-Can, crappy beer, and Nascar fans !!

Oh the humanity !

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Oh stop it!!!

America sucks and the world would be better off if it never existed!

America and everyone in it is evil and they wear sandals with black socks!

And they eat their entire meal, listen carefully, THEIR ENTIRE MEAL, sometimes with the salad fork!

I'm just surprised that God hasn't just erased America away out of shame!

Salad fork!

ENTIRE MEAL!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

and they wear sandals with black socks!

I know you are, but what am I...

edit on 22-5-2015 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join