It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A hypothetical scenario if America and its citizens were wiped out.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Okay, just say a hypothetical perfect nuclear bomb only hit the US, and wiped out 100% of its citizens, but left the rest of the world totally untouched. I would love to know how the rest of the world would be affected economically, culturally, politcally and whatever. How long would it take the world to recover. I would love to hear what some people have to say about this. Lets break it down to get both immediate and long term effects
After an hour
After a day
After a week
After a month
After a year
After a decade

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Why would a croat be curious about a bomb hitting the US? - we aren't pro serb here.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: croatianguy

There was a book about that. It's Called "Without Warning" by John Birmingham. Basically it talks about how in an Alternate 2003 at the eve of the Iraq War, an energy wave wiped out most of North America except Alaska, Hawaii, Seattle, Guantanamo Bay and a small part of Mexico and Canada.

Jihaddists and Saddam Hussein called it an act of Allah and celebrated.

Since it took place during the eve of the invasion of Iraq , the author wrote how the Iraqi military ended up attacking Coalition Forces after news of North America being wiped out.

Most of Continental Europe and China fell into chaos due the economic crisis caused by the disappearance of America.

UK went on lock down by closing all it's borders after Europe fall into chaos.

Israel ended up nuking most of the Middle East due to Muslims nations threatening Israel because Israel is left without a protector.

Russia became a resurgent power.

edit on 20-5-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Geeeez. Why? Why wonder about such a completely far fetched hypothetical. Well, maybe wondering is one thing, but breaking it down, considering all the possible ramifications over time and such seems such a complete waste of time and brain power when there are many many more things to think about. For instance. Why am I even giving it this much time.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Given how many military bases that are operational around the world, nations that are allies with nuclear weapons, and ships with air craft still stationed over seas; I would say the entire would be covered in nuclear fallout within a year. 90%-99% of all life would be dead or dealing with radiation poisoning during this one year span.

If the U.S. were nuked, every allied nation would be held responsible to attack the country that attacked the U.S. and they would feel major force from all troops still alive and nations with major ties with the U.S. Therefore, every country would be affected to a drastic extent.

The chain of command would fall onto some General in the military stationed who knows where and I guarentee he would call for nukes to be launched from the U.S. (which wouldn't be damaged from the attackers nuclear bomb). If all the troops families are dead there is no reason why they wouldn't kill everyone else even if they were innocent.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

After an hour

Shock

After a day

Anger and military build up across major powers of the world.

After a week

Hey Europe you started your build up too late. Putin on the blitz!!!!

After a month

Start learning Russian!

After a year

Convert your money to Ruple's.

After a decade

Pre-invasion of Canada has begun.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I gotta read this book. Interesting stuff. So you think this would happen after a week of American collapse?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Geeeez. Why? Why wonder about such a completely far fetched hypothetical. Well, maybe wondering is one thing, but breaking it down, considering all the possible ramifications over time and such seems such a complete waste of time and brain power when there are many many more things to think about. For instance. Why am I even giving it this much time.

Hence the word Hypothetical! Just interesting to see how much the world relies on US.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Good question, well might be possible though we'll never know for sure.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
Why would a croat be curious about a bomb hitting the US? - we aren't pro serb here.

Geez, forget its a bomb then. Cant people understand hypothetical. Just replace the bomb with an Alien abduction then of every American citizen or a virus that wiped out Americans, or just something that made them and their land disappear.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I know there would be a thread on ATS with about 10,000 flags and a bunch of idiots cheering.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
After an hour - The world goes into panic mode
After a day - The other nations are prepared for nuclear war
After a week - If humans still exist and havent wiped each other out in preemptive strikes - people realize what happened
After a month - the world now sees the errors of their ways and the horrors of war . Potential for every nation's economy to collapse
After a year - the world is learning to come together to survive
After a decade - the world has demilitarized and have turned their weapons into plowshares . The US goes down in the history books as the greatest nation ever.Maybe at last Peace.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
After an hour - The world goes into panic mode
After a day - The other nations are prepared for nuclear war
After a week - If humans still exist and havent wiped each other out in preemptive strikes - people realize what happened
After a month - the world now sees the errors of their ways and the horrors of war . Potential for every nation's economy to collapse
After a year - the world is learning to come together to survive
After a decade - the world has demilitarized and have turned their weapons into plowshares . The US goes down in the history books as the greatest nation ever.Maybe at last Peace.

Great answer. Just quering if every nations economy would collapse? I thought China would survive quite well without US?? Sure, they would lose a huge consumer base but they would have enough western consumers to survivie right?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Since I would be dead, I don't really care.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

After an hour -Australians in bars everywhere hear about it , continue watching footy .

After a day - Australians drive to bar to drown or celebrate their football teams results .

After a week - Australians car pool to bar to watch the footy . Petrol is short .

After a month - Australians walk to bar . Watch footy .

After a year - Australians walk to the bar and watch footy , also talk about the petrol crisis .

After a decade - Australians now live at the bar , decide the petrol crisis needs looking into , a quick vote . Decide to look further into it at next weeks footy match .

PS im Australian . Go crows .

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I don't think a new World War would happen. Your example didn't say who nuked us, so I'll just pretend it was some internal experiment gone horribly wrong. And by your OP, you were saying there was no fallout to any other country. So I'll assume it's a new form of nuclear weapon with ultra fast decaying particles, so they literally never have a chance to leave our borders.

After an hour - Global networks would be hit by an eery silence as everyone died instantly, then by major alarm when they couldn't get a hold of their American affiliates. Each country's networks, businesses, and militaries would be issuing alerts about missing diplomats, tourists, businessmen & businesswomen, law enforcement & military counterparts. Basically, it would be known as "The Day America Went Silent".

After a day (of silence) - Within hours of #1, I could see major organizations probing America to find out what happened. Satellites would show the damage & lack of movement in transportation systems here. Global systems would detect the rapid rise in radioactive & seismic activity, followed by its more startling rapid decrease in activity. Reports would start coming out about the ghost towns, massive number of bodies, and the such. The world's power brokers would already know the basics by now, and would be struggling to figure out how to tell the world's citizens (while working on new agreements to fill the void left by our sudden disappearances).

After a week - The world would know we were somehow wiped off the face of the planet, like a modern day Sodom & Gomorrah. I'd guess every major religion would point towards this episode as a warning from their respective deities. People with grievances against the US would celebrate our removal. Our allies & the people who had family or friends here would mourn. And our rivals would jump on the chance to solidify their positions. Expats or tourists who were out of the country at the time would probably be regarded as a special class where ever they went, either as a cursed class or as mystical "the last of the Americans".

After a month - There would be a massive religious revival by now because of the fear of facing a similar fate. The world's power brokers wouldn't care about that though. They would continue secret missions to determine the cause of the great calamity, and any security measures that could ensure their survival if such an event happened where they lived. I could imagine new global bases and the announcement of a new world order, presented to the public as a way to prevent God's wrath from ever happening again. The citizens would continue to be manipulated by those with power.

After a year - Scientific missions would have been conducted & new settlements would exist in America. America would be known as a forbidden or cursed land to the masses, but would be a playground for powerful multinationals. They would have new operations here, new excavation sites, etc. Secret "truth" movements will be founded by citizens, to find out what really happened.

After a decade - Just a continuation of the above. The world would keep moving forward.

After a century - Our former enemies & those we'd hurt would remember us similarly as Genghis Khan's empire. Those who liked us would remember us like people today remember Alexander the Great's empire. We'd be a fascinating footnote in history that the younger generations would doubt actually happened. The "truth movements" would contemplate whether we really existed at all, whether it was aliens, whether it was a WW3 preemptive strike, etc.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
for the record, since many people think the concept of no more usa is biblical prophecy fullfillment, suggesting that it is babylon the great whore: nope, the great whore is a CITY not a country, a religious city, in fact.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

After an hour -Australians in bars everywhere hear about it , continue watching footy .

After a day - Australians drive to bar to drown or celebrate their football teams results .

After a week - Australians car pool to bar to watch the footy . Petrol is short .

After a month - Australians walk to bar . Watch footy .

After a year - Australians walk to the bar and watch footy , also talk about the petrol crisis .

After a decade - Australians now live at the bar , decide the petrol crisis needs looking into , a quick vote . Decide to look further into it at next weeks footy match .

PS im Australian . Go crows .

haha, I think the biggest thing that would affect Australia is no more movies from Hollywood. They would have really have to beef up their own screen industry or put up with French movies which would take over the mantle from Hollywood for world cinema.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Fantastic detialed response, englightenedservant. Do you think the disappearance of just Wall Street would knock the whole world back a year?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

lol

You want some American pie with that footy?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join