It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We really need the "chat" option back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
We really do need the chat option back. I admit i didn't frenzy the option but when i discovered it I did a weekly visit on it.

It was a wonderful place, filled with understanding and will to educate and learn on both ends. Much more meaningful than the threads on here for the most parts, no offence onelinertrailerparks.

We need that option again and I understand that it was a hard service that was trying to cut you down but why, just why can't we get that board up again and "ad" it more on this site to try to fill it up. I'm sure it will get you more idle and online users. Why? I Understand the money prospect, but that can be overcome by more idle users and more activity.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I don't know what happened before but I have the opinion that chat might actually work here.

I've been on chat on other CT sites. Nobody did much chating everybody screamed and got mad at each other. But the mods hold pretty tight here so maybe there is a chance.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

It was actually very stable and civil as I said. Everybody was polite and when there was an ATS Live night everybody strummed in. Was pretty awesome.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sump3
We really do need the chat option back. I admit i didn't frenzy the option but when i discovered it I did a weekly visit on it.

It was a wonderful place, filled with understanding and will to educate and learn on both ends. Much more meaningful than the threads on here for the most parts, no offence onelinertrailerparks.

We need that option again and I understand that it was a hard service that was trying to cut you down but why, just why can't we get that board up again and "ad" it more on this site to try to fill it up. I'm sure it will get you more idle and online users. Why? I Understand the money prospect, but that can be overcome by more idle users and more activity.

They could put banner adds up, at least at the top and or bottom.

Hint hint!!!! Nudge nudge!!!!!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I DPed

Not that kinds you perves.

Might as well use it.

Maybe even vid adds like on YouTube?

Just saying SO, potential revenue stream here......

You know we support this site, I bet most would watch a full length vid every 20 mins just to participate.

Hell I bet most would pay a couple bucks every quarter to pay to host it.

Maybe put it to another poll and ask the community even?

Hell I would pay a couple bucks a quarter if bfft would shave his chest hair live!!!

Or to watch Cody drink beer with me live!!

You have loads of raw talent just sitting around collecting dust!!

Let's get this funded and working!!
edit on 20-5-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

I second that notion. Make it a powerful option on this page. A personal and up close experience. Would be nice to see it up again and more active then it was before the end.
edit on 20/5/15 by Sump3 because: spelling

edit on 20/5/15 by Sump3 because: spelling

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yeah I use to listen to the live radio shows 3 times a week
& participate in the chat room at the same time while we
all discussed the topic. I really miss that feature...I met some
really nice interesting people there....

Cheers
Ektar

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sump3

That was the only times I used it but I really miss it. I loved going into chat and talking about the show as we listened....sometimes to the ones broadcasting.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Yeah, that was the most awesome thing. The ones broadcasting speaking and sometimes answering questions even while broadcasting. Guess they must have fewer listeners these days just because of the loss of that simple feature that can be funded quite easily compared to the immense growth of this site.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I dont post on ATS much anymore, although recently ive been checking out the forums more often, so perhaps ill return to posting more regularly. I used to pop in the chat room everyonce in a while to see what was going on and the chat always seemed civil and interesing. I would occasionally partake in the chat also. If I remember correctly Springer (or another mod) came into the chat room once while I was in there and asked for us to take a look at thread he was going to post to make sure it looked good and made sense, (or something like that) I thought that was pretty cool that he did that in the chat room. Id love for the chat room to come back.

Cheers

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The whole sad affair is explained here.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Yeah I read that but am still baffled. IRC and/or other services are a no no it seems but I figured you could still come up with a more brilliant solution the sort of a powerhouse you are. It would be a fantastic feature for you if you were able to fund it and ad it appropriatley, no?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sump3

The owners are the ones who make these decisions - primarily SkepticOverlord and Springer. As for the rest of staff? We're unpaid member volunteers with the primary emphasis upon "member". What I do know is that if there is a means of providing a service the membership really wants, SO will eventually find it and make it happen. Sometimes, between legalities, branding issues, and finances it can be rough.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Yeah I fully understand and thank you for your swift replies and kindness. It would just be wholly wonderful to have that feat back and strong at that.

Just wanted to get this on the surface again because maybe, just maybe it will be back up one day.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I never used ATS chat, nor intend to, though if lack of it prevents intelligent discussion and means attention seeking spilling onto the forums then I would prefer if it is there in some form.

top topics

join