It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total Recall (full movie)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Here is yet another older movie for you. It's one of my favorites.

Arnold Schwarzenegger plays a man named Doug Quaid, who has reoccurring dreams of Mars. He sees a commercial for a place that can give him the memory of having taken a vacation there. Things don't work out as planned, however. He soon finds that assassins (lead by a man named Richter, who is played by Michael Ironside) are after him and that life as he knows it is a lie. Will he discover the truth? Will he escape? Watch and find out.
More on the movie: Total Recall

Here is the movie. Enjoy!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The greatest film ever.

2nd!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I love this one. I won't call it the greatest ever. I reserve that for Aliens. This one is really fun though.

"Quaaaaaiiiiid ... Start the reeeaaaaactoooorrrrrr ..."

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I used to love this movie when I was younger. Arnold, Mars, conspiracy, lobotomies, and Sharon Stone at her peak. What's not to love? I will be watching this tonight. Thanks for the post.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I love this one. I won't call it the greatest ever. I reserve that for Aliens. This one is really fun though.

"Two weeeeks!"

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
The greatest film ever.

2nd!

I think so, too. I love how it's set in the future but you don't see people wearing weird stuff like in other sci fi movies. The Johnny cab makes me laugh.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yeah, it's a fun movie. Lots of action. The make up for the mutants was interesting, too.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

You're welcome. Have fun.
It's an ATS type of movie, if I ever saw one.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I just found out that they remade this movie in 2012. Total Recall
What is it with Hollywood remaking all of these movies? Is it that they ran out of ideas, or is it because they feel they can make them better with newer technology?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The original is way better than the lame re-make from a couple of years ago, IMO, you guys agree?

I slightly prefer Waterworld as my favorite sci-fi movie, but this one is good no doubt. Thanks for the link.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Both film's were excellant, Arny's one was the better but the least like the book and that made it all the better as it was a true reimagining of the sci fi novel set on mars instead of on earth, the later version was good but not as good, still it had excellant sci fi mag lev cars.
Yeah Arny's was the best, the guy just has charisma, maybe not the best actor in the world but he steal's the scene every time and was only upstaged in that movie by the woman who did the talking exploding head, "Two Week's".
Plus for all of use conspiracy fan's it had a martian pyramid.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

You're welcome. I haven't seen the remake. I'm actually leery of watching it.
I liked Waterworld. It's like Mad Max meets Seaworld. The Postman was another great movie.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I would actually say that the final element is arguably the most stylistic and classy looking sci fi movie (even if it is really just die hard in space) and blade runner is arguably the best while ghost in the shell even though it is animation is even better but just as who can been rutger hauer in the tear's in the rain pre end scene.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thanks for reminding me about the book. I was going to look it up. It's written by Philip K Dick, right?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
My fave one as a kid, 2nd best after Terminator 1.

Mars was a great place, after all...

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more on 'The Fifth Element', it's just outright slick and stylish. For some reason though, 'Blade Runner' just never held my interest, no idea why, lol. Guess it's just my general dislike for Harrison Ford, idk.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Agree on 'The Postman'...kind of grim, but I enjoyed it a lot too.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Had to look it up myself, sfbook.com...
Turns out I was half wrong, both film's are LOOSELY based on his short story but yes it was Philip K dick also the writer of DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP which inspired both the blade runner and ghost in the shell movie's.
You know I have read a lot of stuff but sadly never actually read any of his book's, maybe it is time I started.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

The novel for The Postman (written by David Brin) is great.
I saw Tom Petty on one of the late shows when the movie came out. He mentioned being in it. I like the line he has, "I was famous once". When I saw that, it cracked me up.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I haven't read anything from him, either. Now I have to, just to see what I'm missing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join