It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#WWJVD: Social Security Is Screwed!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This week, I reveal a new study showing that the health of social security has been dramatically overstated by billions of dollars. If legislators don’t take action soon, the program could be insolvent. Tune in to an all new #WWJVD on Off the Grid to find out whether Social Security is screwed or whether it can be fixed.

How would you salvage Social Security?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Lol//// Yes its screwed....

It will take a revolution to change the system of handouts and big government that cannot pay for itself... Unfortunately the said revolution will happen many many many years from now when the problem is at critical mass and the only solution is less people.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Simple solution,take the money from the defense budget.WHAT?? WE CAN'T DO THAT!!!
second line

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Do that and every Congressman from the ghetto will be wanting defense money for their constituents. Its not going to end well. Fortunately we will be able to beg borrow and steal for the budget till well after I'm dead.

link   
Use the money from the bankster's fines.

link   
a reply to: itsallmaya

btw is this the friggin wrestler?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Legman

Yep, governor too!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Cut it all, cut the losses.

Most of the people who currently receive benefits receive more than they paid in anyway.

At this point it is an obviously failing pyramid scheme.

Reduce, repeal, receivership.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I'd start by cutting Federal Aid, Welfare and then maybe start making the NFL and other non-important to the overall big picture corporations pay for their own Fly-by's and American Flags!

Then reduce all Senate, House members and President/VP salary to 40k a year.

No more vacations for wives of the president either?

Just a couple areas

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The autoplay is awful.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

ya and then there's those who died a year or two before being eligible to get it!! I think I know more in that category than I know in the one you are describing!!
I don't see where cutting it is really going to do that much good.
so you take away the social security checks of those approaching retirement age, okay, so well sooner or later many of their bodies are gonna break down to the point where they aren't gonna be able to work. so who takes care of them? their kids, who who are making near minimum wage and have tons of college debt? really?
the social service system?? ya right, sure, but well you will still be paying out about as much money only in a different avenue.
ya know go into any hospital and see how many older people there are in there volunteering their time doing various things that the hospital would have to hire someone to do if they weren't there! so take away their social security income and they more than likely won't be volunteering anymore because they will need the money!1
you cannot save the country by cutting the benefits that are being given to those who are barely making it on them. we, as a nation will not accept the problems that would arise out of that kind of proverty. or, are you saying that you would be prepared to let your own mother or father die out in the cold homeless and starving? of course you wouldn't not if you could avoid it. you'd have them living with you, you'd be pinching pennies whatever it took!
Many of us have worked our entire lives and paid into that system and well they are counting on it being there when they need it. many have also had their retirement funds practically wiped clean when the housing market crashed. they are your parent and family members. are you prepared to take them in and care for them? or are you still living with them after college graduation because well you're college debt is more than you can earn?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I understand that you disagree and believe that government is trustworthy, I do not.

Cut it to the bare bones and let everyone keep their money, they are much more likely to spend it wisely.

We should not have a national tax of any kind, income or otherwise.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

only if the gov't pays me back all the money that me and my deceased husband has paid in through the years!!!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

only if the gov't pays me back all the money that me and my deceased husband has paid in through the years!!!

Me too but, I won't hold my breath.

I won't let the failure to get my stolen money returned to me stop me from protecting the next generation from an identical fate.

End the fraud.
edit on 20-5-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

look, I am less than ten years till retirement age, there's no way I could save up that much money in that little amount of time!! even if I could work which well I wake up in the morning sometimes and it takes me 10--15 minutes just to straighten my toes out enough to be able to walk! I'm unofficially disabled.

what you see as protecting the next generation from an identical fate I see as ripping off the people and dumping the responsibility onto their kids!!!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I get it, you want to receive the benefits you were promised.

However, if you hadn't been forced to pay in and understood that from the beginning, would you not be better off?

I see making our children fund this disaster knowing full well that it is a fraud is criminal.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
ss.....hmmmm....if we make over 55,000 dollars a year, we don't get our money....is that just about right.
also, you lose the checks for up two years....if designated untruthful about your income....sounds about right.
Here, this.....when I was 13, I heard on the radio the retirement for a whole company was gone by claiming bankruptcy, I knew then, in 1964, it's all a lie....yep, learned at a tender age.....nothing can be done to remedy this...

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

then again if they weren't paying out money to the "poor" then well the businesses would have had to pay more to their employees instead of letting wages drop so low that the workers had to rely on them and more of the "poor" would be working and more would have been putting into the pot...
and well, I wouldn't have been hearing about how this tax or that fee had to be raised to help pay for the medicaid while I was living with health problems that we could no way in hades pay for get the care for!!!

no, I'm sorry I don't see it like you do! what has happened was criminal in too many ways and well, those who have benefitted from the acts should be the ones paying for the crime not a bunch of kids that were just young children if they even were born when it occurred!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

So, we can either keep doing it or not.

"The first thing you ought to do when you find yourself in a hole is quit digging... Instead they are looking for a bigger shovel."

-Bill Clinton

Wow, you made me quote Bill Clinton.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

they're gonna be digging weather there is social security or not!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join