It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Monkeys

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I have another blast from the past for you. I happen to like this movie quite a lot. The acting was great and the story is good, too. Brad Pitt freaks me out a little; though. His one eye is weird. I wonder how they did that, as I'm sure that he doesn't have a glass eye.

A virus has wiped out most of humanity, forcing the survivors to live underground. Prisoner James Cole is sent to the past in order to track the beginning of the virus and find a sample of it before it mutates so scientists can study it.

More on the movie:
12 Monkeys

Here is the movie so you can watch it. Enjoy!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
I saw this movie when it came out. Quite interesting. I've heard they're considering a remake of it. Though I don't know why. They'll never match the original. Loved Brad Pitt in this movie, and how he gets Bruce Willis out of the asylum.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
VERY good movie. I find something new every time I watch it.
Thought provoking. Especially if you've ever been in a psych ward and were unable to leave...makes you think about all of the interesting people and the what ifs...

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
They've remade the movie into a TV series.....I'm almost through season 1 now. .....and its on the SyFy Chanel
edit on 20-5-2015 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

They are remaking it. You can read about it here.
I agree, it won't be as good as the original but I'll give it a shot when it comes out.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

It's kind of like those Where's Waldo cartoons, where you keep noticing little details that you hadn't seen before. I like that about the movie.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

It's kind of like those Where's Waldo cartoons, where you keep noticing little details that you hadn't seen before. I like that about the movie.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Now that I think about it, I recall seeing a commercial for the show on one of the rare times I was watching TV. Is it any good?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
You have great tastes in movies, bro. I had forgotten about this one till you posted this.
Yeah, this one is kind of off beat but cool.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

Thanks. I post them if I like them. That is if they're not like The Human Centipede type stuff. I think that would be crossing the line.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I actually loved that movie. Brad Pitt was great in it, I honestly think if they would've chose this opening song it would've been a lot bigger.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Brat Pitt is great at playing a psycho.
Yeah, that song would have been perfect.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
VERY good movie. I find something new every time I watch it.
Thought provoking. Especially if you've ever been in a psych ward and were unable to leave..makes you think about all of the interesting people and the what ifs...

Yeaaaaaaaaa

I'm not touching that one.

( jk)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hey thanks, Ive been wanting to watch a new to me movie and have heard good things about this one. I saw it was on awhile back but only caught the credits and it never looped around later that night like most tv channels do nowadays.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You have good taste. If these are all public domain movies, maybe you should do a movie night once a week?

If you do I have a couple suggestions.

1981 the gods must be crazy?

And Bruce Campbell and the Army of darkness.

Yeah I've always loved b movies.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Great movie!
I had a friend who kind of acted like Brad Pitt's character. He used to hood surf going down the highway. It's a wonder he's still alive.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

You're welcome. I posted some other movies that you might like, too. The last one might have been a few weeks ago.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

You have good taste. If these are all public domain movies, maybe you should do a movie night once a week?

If you do I have a couple suggestions.

1981 the gods must be crazy?

And Bruce Campbell and the Army of darkness.

Yeah I've always loved b movies.

I taste better with ketchup.
I like The Gods Must be Crazy. I'll have to look that one up. Army of Darkness rocks. Bruce Campbell is hilarious. I tried finding that one but couldn't.
I'm not sure if they're public domain or not. If I find them, I post them. A movie night is a sweet idea. If I do that, I'll do it on a weekend so people can actually sit and watch movies with their families. Maybe make one long thread, with others adding their favorites. Thanks for the idea.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

Riding on the hood of a car is fun but kind of scary. Was your friend always doing crazy stuff like that?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Glad I could help.

One thing you might look into is many 60s 70s and 80s cult movies are now in public domain.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join