It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If those tapes had ever been seen, the reaction around the world would not have been survivable

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
Why You Never Saw The CIA’s Interrogation Tapes

As FRONTLINE details in tonight’s new documentary, Secrets, Politics and Torture, those tapes would never see the light of day. Their destruction was ordered by Jose Rodriguez, then the CIA’s top operations officer.

“I was told, if those videotapes had ever been seen, the reaction around the world would not have been survivable,” Jane Mayer of The New Yorker tells FRONTLINE.

Who or what wouldn't have survived? The CIA? The US Government? It amazes me that the American people continue to remain this oblivious to crimes of the CIA, stretching back decades.

You will forgive me if I do not get all weepy-eyed over what is being done to those who would willfully commit acts the likes of which these people have carried out. Don't start no trouble and there won't be no trouble. That said, torture is illegal, immoral, and un-American, so I do not directly support it. But like I said, there is only so much time I am going to waste caring about the issue. . .

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
a reply to: Aliensun

Eesh. So much hatred. Yet you condone violence and evil being done to people you've never even seen by the CIA.

The invaders of Iraq were Americans.
The invaders of Afghanistan were Americans.
The invaders of Iraq AGAIN were Americans.
The invaders of blah blah Middle-Eastern country were Americans.

See how it works both ways? The only difference is, the mass media has whipped you and a certain segment of the population into a froth-mouthed frenzy when it comes to Muslims. We don't even have the common courtesy to declare war against a country; we just pop in and start blowing # up.

Why don't we declare war on the countries we invade? Because their governments didn't do anything, and we have no business being there.

And what has happened to those Americans captured...they lose their damn heads. I do not condone violence but for the sakes of the American people I have to stand by it for some part if I want my freedoms protected. It's a sad world but it's the reality that we live in.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
OP how dare you ever question the United States government's motives or behavior! Now I will make sure you don't do it again by attacking you personally and changing the subject, completely ignoring and refusing to discuss the valid points you have made. If smugness were an art form I might actually be creative.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I am so ashamed of my government.

We were supposed to be better than this.

The death or torture of one does not justify the end. I thought our country knew this.

The country I loved and defended fades away more and more as the days go by and it breaks my heart.
edit on 21-5-2015 by Raxusillian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: humanityrising

I love you

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Americans are pathetic. Those that support the torture/foriegn policies and illegal 'wars'of their govt. all in their names whilst claiming to be purveyors of human rights, freedom and equality. Pah!.... and those that say they don't whilst DOING jack about it.

Y'all got your 2nd. Use your goddamn guns.

This is why legal gun ownership is so restricted over here. The British would fr###in' well use them.

Americans are absolutely no threat to their govt. Never have been. Never will be. Y'all probably BELIEVE your Civil War was about abolition of slavery....FFS. *double face palm*

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

Damn it man those are real people with real lives who had hopes and dreams just like you.

Just because they look different and think different you think it's okay to do this to someone?

How many people on death row have been exonerated? How many innocent people have been tortured like this?

We are all so similar. We are all basically the same. If one person is tortured we all are getting tortured.

How can your heart not beak for the people that this happened to? This isn't a damn video game. What the hell has happened to us as a people that we can be okay with this happening to another living creature?
edit on 21-5-2015 by Raxusillian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

The OKC bomber was muslim.
The Aurora Shooter was Muslim.
The Columbine Shooters were Muslim.
The Sandy Hook Shooter was Muslim.... oh wait nope these were all white Americans.

A bunch of places you listed were also not on American soil or American targets.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

If rather doubt that prediction. The American public has gotten tired of terrorist acts over the decades and I grant the CIA full power to act as they see fit. Before you jump to defend the lives of terrorists--those were not innocent civilians wateboarded--go over the following list.

The Shoe Bomber was a Muslim
The Beltway Snipers were Muslims
The Fort Hood Shooter was a Muslim
The underwear Bomber was a Muslim
The U-S.S. Cole Bombers were Muslims
The Madrid Train Bombers were Muslims
The Bali Nightclub Bombers were Muslims
The London Subway Bombers were Muslims
The Moscow Theater Attackers were Muslims
The Boston Marathon Bombers were Muslims
The Pan-Am flight #93 Bombers were Muslims
The Air France Entebbe Hijackers were Muslims
The Iranian Embassy Takeover, was by Muslims
The Beirut U.S. Embassy bombers were Muslims
The Libyan U.S. Embassy Attack was by Muslims
The Buenos Aires Suicide Bombers were Muslims
The Israeli Olympic Team Attackers were Muslims
The Kenyan U.S, Embassy Bombers were Muslims
The Saudi, Khobar Towers Bombers were Muslims
The Beirut Marine Barracks bombers were Muslims
The Besian Russian School Attackers were Muslims
The first World Trade Center Bombers were Muslims
The Bombay & Mumbai India Attackers were Muslims
The Achille Lauro Cruise Ship Hijackers were Muslims
The September 11th 2001 Airline Hijackers were Muslims

You ruined any possible credibility your point may have had by repeatedly pointing out religious affiliations, as if Muslims in general are thereby rendered sub-human and therefore lacking human rights.
edit on 21-5-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
Why You Never Saw The CIA’s Interrogation Tapes

As FRONTLINE details in tonight’s new documentary, Secrets, Politics and Torture, those tapes would never see the light of day. Their destruction was ordered by Jose Rodriguez, then the CIA’s top operations officer.

“I was told, if those videotapes had ever been seen, the reaction around the world would not have been survivable,” Jane Mayer of The New Yorker tells FRONTLINE.

Who or what wouldn't have survived? The CIA? The US Government? It amazes me that the American people continue to remain this oblivious to crimes of the CIA, stretching back decades.

Torture, murder, narcotics, mind control, assassination, world wide espionage, coups, false flags,.....etc etc
That's just one agency...
Where do you begin to try to change this?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

If rather doubt that prediction. The American public has gotten tired of terrorist acts over the decades and I grant the CIA full power to act as they see fit. Before you jump to defend the lives of terrorists--those were not innocent civilians wateboarded--go over the following list.

The Shoe Bomber was a Muslim
The Beltway Snipers were Muslims
The Fort Hood Shooter was a Muslim
The underwear Bomber was a Muslim
The U-S.S. Cole Bombers were Muslims
The Madrid Train Bombers were Muslims
The Bali Nightclub Bombers were Muslims
The London Subway Bombers were Muslims
The Moscow Theater Attackers were Muslims
The Boston Marathon Bombers were Muslims
The Pan-Am flight #93 Bombers were Muslims
The Air France Entebbe Hijackers were Muslims
The Iranian Embassy Takeover, was by Muslims
The Beirut U.S. Embassy bombers were Muslims
The Libyan U.S. Embassy Attack was by Muslims
The Buenos Aires Suicide Bombers were Muslims
The Israeli Olympic Team Attackers were Muslims
The Kenyan U.S, Embassy Bombers were Muslims
The Saudi, Khobar Towers Bombers were Muslims
The Beirut Marine Barracks bombers were Muslims
The Besian Russian School Attackers were Muslims
The first World Trade Center Bombers were Muslims
The Bombay & Mumbai India Attackers were Muslims
The Achille Lauro Cruise Ship Hijackers were Muslims
The September 11th 2001 Airline Hijackers were Muslims

You have a point. HOwever, we still have people in Qantanimo that have never even had a trial. We also have documented cases of people tortured and detained who were actually innocent. Those to things should bother you.

Also we raped people...that's part of our torture. If you want to live the ideal of a John Wayne Culture, then kill the terrorists and let God sort them out, I'm kind of okay with that, but rape and sexual assault in the name of Justice. That's sickening and only a real nutcase would be okay with that. Not a real Amercian. Patriots don't sexually assault their enemies.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Patriots don't sexually assault their enemies.....

That's the 11th commandment they scraped off then?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

I don't know any true hero's that sexually assault their enemies, perhaps you do?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
LOL, here comes the "America Bashing" and stereotyping. Some people are ignorant and just can't help themselves and will take any opening that they can to bash America.

And to anyone living in America that bashes America, move to the middle east and have fun with the Allah Snackbars.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I don't know any true hero's that sexually assault their enemies, perhaps you do?

You didn't say heroes. You said true americans and patriots.
And no I don't know any but I'm sure it happens.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: -Blackout-
LOL, here comes the "America Bashing" and stereotyping. Some people are ignorant and just can't help themselves and will take any opening that they can to bash America.

And to anyone living in America that bashes America, move to the middle east and have fun with the Allah Snackbars.

Not bashing America just being honest. I also love America enough that I can be honest and say, sexual assualt by the CIA is bad, let's change that and move on. If you're too passive or submissive to look America in the eye and be honest and ask it to change then maybe you should move to the middle east and have fun with the Allah Snackbars.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: -Blackout-

Right so we ask just go along with whatever happens and be good little Americans. The founding fathers would be disgusted with your view.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: -Blackout-

No, we just need to get rid of really stupid people. Dumb is ok, dumb can be taught. You see, if we just get rid of the stupids, than all the silly propaganda wouldn't work on you.

LOL, Allah Snackbar, let me guess, you're a poet. Must've taken months to come up with that.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

You're sure heroes sometimes rape people?
You must have a twisted definition of 'hero.'
edit on 21-5-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

You're sure heroes sometimes rape people?
You must have a twisted definition of 'hero.'

Jimmy savile was a hero to some.
That would be answering the exact wording in your question.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join