It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As I see

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Ummm...On a lighter note...a small foray into a hand extended...

As I see

The little girl inside would cry again
Rage against injustices that stand
Loneliness the core within the pain
Athwart the path of all that she had planned

So the tears are falling fast anew
An effort to wash clean the hurt inside
A past filled flood the harm she would eschew
To love yet not be loved she inner cried

The little boy inside me knows this well
Tentative he offers a shy smile
He extends his hand to help you through this spell
Let me walk with you this coming mile

Thank you for your consideration...

YouSir

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Great poetry - I believe I seen a lot of other really good ones from you around ATS before. I will check your threads.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Awww this was sweet and touching.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Nice poem.

Your words shall unburden
the weeps of those forsaken
your words shall bring smile
what more if youll walk through the mile.

Sorry, I just felt like poem-ing too.. hehe

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: corsair00

Ummm...thank you Corsair...I'm humbled that you would find my thoughts enjoyable...Posting my work here was an experiment in communication...mainly...

Secondarily it was a more selfish appeal to community and inclusiveness...There are many subjects and threads here on ATS that pose the question..."What can any single person do to effect change"...By concerning myself with the human condition and perceptional perspective...I have attempted to answer those questions...

Singularly it seems an insurmountable objective...yet...sometimes avalanche movements are started by that single flake of snow that plays the role of final straw...

YouSir

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

That is very true, I completely understand. I have always known of ATS only in terms of conspiracy theory threads, starting mostly from the Aliens and UFOs forum. But I have noticed recently that there are many diverse sections on the forum devoted to writing contests and the like that I had not been aware of before. I think the overall layout and design of ATS could change slightly to have an aesthetic appeal that is slightly more removed from the general conspiracy theme i.e. Dark or grey etc.

I am also quite curious to know the demographics of ATS users - how many lurkers, posters etc. It is hard to get a read-out on who comes here and for what overall reasons. I think it has probably changed slightly over the years. I think the Alex Jones extremists are probably gone now and a more eclectic group is left...

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I Like this very Much YS! Nice job here!!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ummm...thank you Night Star...I've often heard the phrase..."keeping the inner child alive"...

I never thought it might apply to a situation such as this................until it did...
I have a saying that it is good to be...childlike...and not so good childish...
In my mind they have polar opposite meanings even if in another...not so much...

YouSir

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Summer7

Ummm...hello Summer...thank you for your kind words...

I love that my words could inspire in you such a wonderful reply...

You know what this means.................right...?
NOW...your going to have to share more of your work for us all to enjoy...

No need to apologize my friend...I received it as a great complement and in the light in which it was shared...and it was very complementary to me that you chose to respond with verse...
Any time someone brings a smile to my grizzled mug...it feels like high accomplishment indeed...

YouSir

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: corsair00

Ummm...I think that most people lurk for a while before they join...or even begin posting...let alone create threads...

I lurked for years before I joined and started to bloviate...It's only recently that I started any threads of my own...
I was introduced to ATS by one of my military Buds in the mid aughts...he was always going on about the NWO and such...I fell in love with the place after that...although I must admit...I think I loved BTS even more than ATS at that time...

YouSir

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Ummm...Thank you Syx...I saw in another thread where you said you were 53 years young...

If aging is a race...then I've got you beat...by a 5 month margin.....so when your feeling old and tired...just remember...
I'm...tired and old...

YouSir

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

LOL Thanx Bro! I feel better now knowin You are older than I! LMAO!!! Well My Brother Older in Age, Let's Rock!!

HEY! You need an Avatar! How about something like one of these?! Of course smaller to fit?

edit on 22-5-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Thank you for that poem.
It would be a honor to walk the coming mile together with you.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Ummm...LOL...I think the half puzzled half smirk Bill Murray from "Stripes"...would be the best fit...Don't you think...?

Cause I'm usually half puzzled and smirking my way through life...................How did you know...?

Psychic dragons...?

YouSir

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: hewriteshere

Ummm...Thank you...Hewriteshere...(love your screen name)...I would be honored as well...and am...

You are most welcome...be well my friend...

YouSir

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

LOL On the Bill Murry Pic Bro! And Yah I am a Psychic Dragon, Or Psycho, depending on who you ask!? LMAO!!!
So dload that pic to your pc, then upload here and set is an avatar Man! If ya have probs, u2u me and ill walk you through...

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
that was very touching...

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

Ummm...thank you CC...I'm glad to read your voice again...I hope that you are well...

I actually posted this for you...and for Syx...I know it's such a small thing to offer...When I was going through a like situation
I had no one to lean on...needless to say it took me a goodly while to come out the otherside...
It's such a weirdly wonderful thing...to count yourself in good company and in friendship...amongst such good people...
People that I have yet to meet...beyond the sound of fingers on a keyboard...

I'm singing that song..."lean on me...when your not strong"...cause you and Syx have touched my life...and I have two shoulders...

YouSir

(I apologize for taking so long to respond)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

WOW...you have touched both of us..you put tears in my eyes as i read this poem again..thanks so much....it wasnt a small thing for me..it turned in to a big one..and have added you in to my heart...

edit on 29-5-2015 by ccbears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think i got the wrong button for reply.
But welcome glad you liked "like" it.

It was also for Syx. A reply ALSO for Syx's poem.
I rarely visit this place lately
Feels like winter here, kinda Cold.

new topics

top topics

join