It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western wars have killed four million Muslims since 1990

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Landmark research proves that the US-led ‘war on terror’ has killed as many as 2 million people, but this is a fraction of Western responsibility for deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan over the last two decades

www.voltairenet.org...

Last month, the Washington DC-based Physicians for Social Responsibility (PRS) released a landmark study concluding that the death toll from 10 years of the “War on Terror” since the 9/11 attacks is at least 1.3 million, and could be as high as 2 million.

--snip--

The report conducts a critical review of previous death toll estimates of “war on terror” casualties. It is heavily critical of the figure most widely cited by mainstream media as authoritative, namely, the Iraq Body Count (IBC) estimate of 110,000 dead. That figure is derived from collating media reports of civilian killings, but the PSR report identifies serious gaps and methodological problems in this approach.

For instance, although 40,000 corpses had been buried in Najaf since the launch of the war, IBC recorded only 1,354 deaths in Najaf for the same period. That example shows how wide the gap is between IBC’s Najaf figure and the actual death toll – in this case, by a factor of over 30.

" Such gaps are replete throughout IBC’s database. In another instance, IBC recorded just three airstrikes in a period in 2005, when the number of air attacks had in fact increased from 25 to 120 that year. Again, the gap here is by a factor of 40. "

According to the figures explored here, total deaths from Western interventions in Iraq and Afghanistan since the 1990s - from direct killings and the longer-term impact of war-imposed deprivation - likely constitute around 4 million (2 million in Iraq from 1991-2003, plus 2 million from the “war on terror”), and could be as high as 6-8 million people when accounting for higher avoidable death estimates in Afghanistan.

" Due to the severe lack of data in Iraq, almost complete non-existence of records in Afghanistan, and the indifference of Western governments to civilian deaths, it is literally impossible to determine the true extent of loss of life. "

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Up to eight million... that's almost as many as the holocaust.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

It completely baffles me why anyone would try asymmetric warfare? Sure they normally win but look at the cost.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

It completely baffles me why anyone would try asymmetric warfare? Sure they normally win but look at the cost.

When the only advantage you have is numbers, in a society where life is cheap, you get this.

ETA- nice avi!!!
edit on 20-5-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka
Landmark research proves that the US-led ‘war on terror’ has killed as many as 2 million people, but this is a fraction of Western responsibility for deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan over the last two decades

www.voltairenet.org...

Last month, the Washington DC-based Physicians for Social Responsibility (PRS) released a landmark study concluding that the death toll from 10 years of the “War on Terror” since the 9/11 attacks is at least 1.3 million, and could be as high as 2 million.

--snip--

The report conducts a critical review of previous death toll estimates of “war on terror” casualties. It is heavily critical of the figure most widely cited by mainstream media as authoritative, namely, the Iraq Body Count (IBC) estimate of 110,000 dead. That figure is derived from collating media reports of civilian killings, but the PSR report identifies serious gaps and methodological problems in this approach.

For instance, although 40,000 corpses had been buried in Najaf since the launch of the war, IBC recorded only 1,354 deaths in Najaf for the same period. That example shows how wide the gap is between IBC’s Najaf figure and the actual death toll – in this case, by a factor of over 30.

" Such gaps are replete throughout IBC’s database. In another instance, IBC recorded just three airstrikes in a period in 2005, when the number of air attacks had in fact increased from 25 to 120 that year. Again, the gap here is by a factor of 40. "

According to the figures explored here, total deaths from Western interventions in Iraq and Afghanistan since the 1990s - from direct killings and the longer-term impact of war-imposed deprivation - likely constitute around 4 million (2 million in Iraq from 1991-2003, plus 2 million from the “war on terror”), and could be as high as 6-8 million people when accounting for higher avoidable death estimates in Afghanistan.

" Due to the severe lack of data in Iraq, almost complete non-existence of records in Afghanistan, and the indifference of Western governments to civilian deaths, it is literally impossible to determine the true extent of loss of life. "

Yup and every civilian (espeacially children) you kill just created 10 "terrorists".

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
That's still not enough.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

I agree with your premise. I just cannot find any way to glorify any culture that thinks so little of human life. I know you're in agreement with that stance you were just offering an explanation.

I went over to the avatar thread to ask for a new one. I think I might've shocked them with a description of Jacob Gratehouse.

You should go check out the thread and a link he was one evil brut that paid for it.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

I agree with your premise. I just cannot find any way to glorify any culture that thinks so little of human life. I know you're in agreement with that stance you were just offering an explanation.

I went over to the avatar thread to ask for a new one. I think I might've shocked them with a description of Jacob Gratehouse.

You should go check out the thread and a link he was one evil brut that paid for it.

I will check it out.

No I do not condone such actions.

But from a strategic standpoint, like it or not, it is what it is.

The numbers are just staggering honestly, that much death in so short a time.

No wonder the area gives rise to the likes of alqueada and Isis.

Imagine something like that in an area the size of Texas over here........

We men, we are wretched things- Achilles

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a culture where life is cheep?
i can imagine death like that in texas
like some 200 million souls
it was called the native extermination...genocide for realestate

( not to mention a billion buffalo shot from trains)

how quickly some forget
the finger points both ways
edit on Wedpm5b20155America/Chicago08 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Let's put that in context;

America is actually supposedly accountable for between 20 - 30 million deaths since WW2

[link removed]

Furthermore the global death toll from war is actually declining

Source

And let's not forget that the very Islamic ISIS killed, injured or enslaved 24,000 people in the first 8 months of 2014 alone.

edit on 20-5-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed May 20 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danbones

how quickly some forget

What finger is there to point?

I'm Irish, my family were sold as slaves by the English into the new world.

My ancestors played no part in any of that.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Since this is obviously another Muslim apologist thread trying to sway sympathy for 'poor embattled Muslims', let's put that in context;

America is actaully supposedly accountable for between 20 - 30 million deaths since WW2

Source with a link to another source in article

Furthermore the global death toll from war is actually declining

Source

So once again, while death by war is errible and in a lo

Wow!!!!

?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

how quickly some forget

What are you talking about? 200 million?

You do realize the Brittish and Spainish started that conflict..Oh, let's not forget the French!

My family were involved in the "Trail of Tears". Moved from Mississippi/Alabama to Oklahoma (where most reside today). The men became guides to the west for European families trying to reach the West Coast. The Morman's killed most of them (Fancher Masacre)...

Get your history straight, the US (even territorail) did not do even a comparable amout of damage to those which tried to colonize first. In our history, no one blames the US...it was left to them to finish as the wars were started almost 150 years prior and understood to capitulate, with the exception of a few nations.

I would be interested in less propaganda and talk about "Muslim on Muslim" deaths during the same time period....I am sure the numbers will be low and the sources weak.

MG

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I only typed

"Wow"

?

Why did I get hit with that?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Up to eight million... that's almost as many as the holocaust.

huh? Official history says it was 6 million Jews...

Now, I, like a lot of people, doubt that number
but even if it is accurate, this report tops it.

This is a real holocaust, but no one seems to care.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

how quickly some forget

What finger is there to point?

I'm Irish, my family were sold as slaves by the English into the new world.

My ancestors played no part in any of that.

i was refering to the obvious:
not your personal history, your post

anyone westerner of christian roots living in the "new" world is only a generation or two away from genocide so
to be pointing fingers at any other group for thier behavior is...well
hypocracy

watch Lawrence of Arabia if its not yet abundantly clear yet about what drives radical Muslims

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
How else are we going to "spread democracy"?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

[quote/]
watch Lawrence of Arabia if its not yet abundantly clear yet about what drives radical Muslims

What kind of a response is to suggest to go see a movie? a very old one at best. There is some history in the novel, and in the archives...but really?

MG
edit on 20-5-2015 by missed_gear because: Grammar

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
And they still tell us its because of our freedoms that they hate us

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

Great excuse, cause people killed a lot back in the day, its all good.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join