It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lemony Snickets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well I watched that movie today (I think I got the name wrong though, since I keep forgetting what its called), and they brought up a little bit about secret societies, however they didn't reveal much at all except the notorious eye on just about everything, which refers to the Illuminati for the most part, correct?

But there is like a good and bad, but it seems they both have the eye everywhere. I dunno, how to explain it really, but if you saw the movie, you'd know what I mean. So anyone see the movie and have any clue as to what these secret societies are? Just saying its the Illuminati seems a little cheesy and outdone.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
You are certainly correct that the symbol of the All Seeing Eye can be found in many places, and used by different people for different reasons.

The symbol probably originated in ancient India, to symbolize the "Third Eye", or the Sahasrara Chakra. When the pre-Brahmic faiths evolved into Hinduism, it became known as the "Eye of Shiva", the spiritual eye that, when opened, elevates one into universal consciousness.

From here it seems the symbol was adopted by the Egyptians, and incorporated into their myth cycles. In the legend, the solar god Horus challenged the demonic deity Set in battle. Horus defeated Set and vanquished him, but lost an eye in the fighting. Thoth, the God of Science, placed Horus' eye in the heavens, which became the sun. Therefore, in the Egyptian mythos, the All Seeing Eye always represents the Sun, as it represents the Yogic Chakra in Hinduism.

The symbol found its way into Christianity in the middle ages as a symbol of God's omnipresence. From here, it eventually was adopted by Freemasonry as probably symbolizing all three (the Chakra, the Sun, and the fact that God sees all).

Interestingly, there is no evidence that the Illuminati ever used this as a symbol, although this claim is made almost universally by conspiracy theorists. When Adam Weishaupt published the Illuminati's rituals and symbolism, he listed the All Seeing Eye as a Masonic symbol, not an Illuminist one.

In Freemasonry, the symbol appears in the Third Degree, and recurs in several degrees of the Scottish Rite.

[edit on 23-12-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
well I've seen archangel Michael picture with an eye above the head, do you know how that eye is connected to the eye.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I don't think the eyes in Lemony Snicket's a Series of Unfortunate Events have anything to do with real secret societies. Having read the books they are primarily just a sign for Count Olaf and his evilness, and the societies in it are not illuminati based.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amarillo_Brice
I don't think the eyes in Lemony Snicket's a Series of Unfortunate Events have anything to do with real secret societies. Having read the books they are primarily just a sign for Count Olaf and his evilness, and the societies in it are not illuminati based.

Alright, thats all I wanted to know. Thanks.

And thanks to the rest of ya too.

top topics

join