It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity Glue....really amazing.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: iDope

Sure, ANYONE can do this!

What, pile up stuff on your desk? I used to make house of cards sculptures, too. Big Deal.

Cards are all the same weight and dimension. Use things that you have to find the center of mass, or has uneven edges, are round, and it becomes a lot harder than simple cards. I also never said it was difficult what I portrayed in the picture, taking under 5 minutes, with the thinner and lighter objects on the bottom. But with time and patience I could easily do something much more extraordinary than cards with things just lying around the house.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post anything in case it would be seen as advertising. There is a Facebook , Twitter and a website. This was our 1st year and lots of the locals just didn't understand what the big deal about stacking rocks was. Then they saw what could be done and all the people who came to town for it, and we now have them behind us and LEAF. It was great for kids- its a free family friendly fest. There were babies in strollers and elders with canes all participating. I don't even know if I remember how to do links and stuff since it's been so long since I've been here.

www.llanoearthartfest.org

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: toolstarr

You rock. Ignore anyone who says otherwise -
cuz yknow, that's the whole point

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: iDope

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: iDope

Sure, ANYONE can do this!

What, pile up stuff on your desk? I used to make house of cards sculptures, too. Big Deal.

Cards are all the same weight and dimension. Use things that you have to find the center of mass, or has uneven edges, are round, and it becomes a lot harder than simple cards. I also never said it was difficult what I portrayed in the picture, taking under 5 minutes, with the thinner and lighter objects on the bottom. But with time and patience I could easily do something much more extraordinary than cards with things just lying around the house.

Yah, okay, sorry. I took the wrong stand here, sorry for trolling this thread, Not a good day yesterday…

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I was able to coax a much better response from him this time. ^ -^

definitely a kind of reverence... the ritual spawned the first day i discovered the activity.

cheers!

Michael Grab

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
It's a cool art/hobby/discipline that other people do as well. en.wikipedia.org...

I'll leave you with this incredible video: www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
It's a cool art/hobby/discipline that other people do as well. en.wikipedia.org...

I'll leave you with this incredible video: www.youtube.com...

I thought the rocks were spectacular she blew me away!thanks for posting this video.the shear strength,grace and discipline for her to balance that was amazing.
uggh...I feel like such a clod hopper now

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I have seen his work in Boulder Creek and at various festivals in Colorado. It's really quite amazing and eerie when you stumble upon it. I have never seen the man, just seen his work. Here's a video of him building some more in Boulder Creek: www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Seems Michael had a run-in with an officer over this, but it's been sorted out.
www.denverpost.com... 28213966/boulder-has-not-declared-rock-stacking-illegal-city

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join