It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity Glue....really amazing.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe and Skid Mark

Think about all the various rituals in which water is poured upon an object. It is almost always a prayer for purification and blessing.

There are many rituals that include the act of pouring water over stones. I have seen it performed by buddhist monks myself. The sweat lodge is another.

Many cultures have believed that stones contain spirits. I think I read in "Black Elk Speaks" that native Americans could sometimes commune with the spirit within particular boulders.

I'm certain if we asked Michael Garb, he would give us a purely individual reason for his action, but of spiritual significance none the less.

Spirit Stones

In more recent times as well, standing stones were rittually washed, the water then being used for healing baths, mixed with herbs for poultices or brewed into teas. water that had washed over the Giants Ring, a stone circle near Belfast, was said to heal both illnesses and wounds.

Comentary on Holy Scriptures

For when the prophet orders thrice four cads of water poured upon an altar of thrice four stones...

Princess Vlei Carine

As we pour the water, as it washes over the stones, it symbolises the washing away of our differences, the washing away of the disputes of the past, the washing away of heavy dust and dirt that weighs us down.

edit on 20-5-2015 by Boomorangatangarang because: two letters

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Can anyone else do this?

Notice in the beginning he shows us handling a rock and then the actual balancing is skipped and we see him handling another rock… but always discontinuous.

Otherwise, hoax…

The video is pretty much a diary, all that we see was taken over a very long time, and it's a 'short' version! go to the YouTube site to access the long version. I've seen stone masons doing stuff like that, nowhere near as classy, but classy nevertheless. I do agree though that a blow by blow video would show more, but I doubt it would indicate how to balance aysmmetric articles, though the arches could be easy enough at that scale. Look at this building, Hagia Sophia in Turkey built in 537AD, in a short time.

the dome is the prominent feature, some of the rest came later, but the dome was actually built on arches, the arches were filled in from above making a platform for the dome which is around 100ft high plus, and looking at it, you wonder HTF did they build that 1500 years ago, inside it's all space from the ground to the top of the dome. Magic, from the Greeks I think.

edit on 20-5-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
You people are amazing... 100% of you believe in tunnels connecting walmarts to UFO control.... Yet a guy stacking frigging rocks is impossible.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
edit on 20-5-2015 by Legman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
A Jenga master for sure.

Amazing.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomorangatangarang

Well put!
I let the larger 4 sit and made another small pile about an hour ago, and they only just fell over about 10 minutes ago - as i went to show my room-mate the OP video.
He's also showing that the balance IS relatively stable.
It took an hour of carefully typing around the piles before they finally fell.
Found a new meditative passtime!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thank you! That is exactly what I needed to see this evening. I needed beauty and you have provided a bounty.
It is simply amazing and has inspired me to make use of all the stones I've been digging out of my garden. I can't think of a better stress-reliever. It is all about balance, isn't it?!!!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Sure, ANYONE can do this! There are some vids on PooTube of people doing similar things, there is an Asian guy that does this and always snaps after he completes a balancing routine. I just saw this and grabbed a few things around my desk to balance, took me 3-4 minutes collecting and balancing to do it, with no fails. Sorry for the clutter and only 4 random objects. Flashlight, E-juice, notebook, wallet.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Can anyone else do this?

Notice in the beginning he shows us handling a rock and then the actual balancing is skipped and we see him handling another rock… but always discontinuous. If we could see him set the rock down and take his hands off it and it stay there… from more than one angle.

Otherwise, hoax…

Did you actually watch the vid?

I'm 3 and a bit mins in and already there are many scenes that show him setting the rock down with his hand and letting go with said rock perfectly balanced.

Why make false statements? Seems a bit strange.
edit on 20-5-2015 by DigitalResonance because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Michael Grab is the real deal! I've seen him do this in person at the Llano Earth Art Fest in March. He will be back next year. I haven't been on this site in forever but this thread came up on my FB page so I had to come back and log in as soon as I saw " Gravity Glue". I'm heavily involved in LEAF which hosts the World Rock Stacking Championship. There are lots of people all over the world who do this.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The Gravity Of The Situation

Well, I looked at the videos and checked out the "About" page on GravityGlue.com, and based on my extensive research, I have come to a highly technical scientific conclusion:

Michael Grab is really, really good at balancing rocks.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Is this the guy who is a savant who I THINK suffered a brain injury prior to becoming so?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: iDope

Sure, ANYONE can do this! There are some vids on PooTube of people doing similar things, there is an Asian guy that does this and always snaps after he completes a balancing routine. I just saw this and grabbed a few things around my desk to balance, took me 3-4 minutes collecting and balancing to do it, with no fails. Sorry for the clutter and only 4 random objects. Flashlight, E-juice, notebook, wallet.

I'm calling BS on this, it must be the aliens in your office.
Not humanly possible you see?
edit on 21-5-2015 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Can anyone else do this?

Notice in the beginning he shows us handling a rock and then the actual balancing is skipped and we see him handling another rock… but always discontinuous. If we could see him set the rock down and take his hands off it and it stay there… from more than one angle.

Otherwise, hoax…

Yes, I've seen it done before. Here is one example:

All the people coming in this thread and just claiming hoax, without any proof to back up their lies and slander is what really is wrong with this website, and society in general.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

JackReyes
All the people coming in this thread and just claiming hoax, without any proof to back up their lies and slander is what really is wrong with this website, and society in general.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^

I find it funny that people can call BS on a balanced rock, while at the same time typing on a device sitting on their desk or held in their hand which not too long ago would have been considered "magical".
edit on 21-5-2015 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Nice vid

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Hoax.....

or we have a hybitd on the loose!!!!

ETA: Ok 3rd video just blew my mind and kudos to toolstarr for confirm this is real, he's not a hybird nor a hoax.

My mind is blow, with fascination!!!!

Ok, now this adds to my theory of something i truely believe in....The Force.

Laugh at me if you will but, this just adds to an already growning mountain of evidence that there is something in each of us that can change the world for better or for worse.

I Cor 14:32 "
"Remember that people who prophesy are in control of their spirit and can take turns."

Think about this for a min, ; without making this a religious derail, suffice it to say, even as powerful as The Spirit is, it is still subject to the person with the gift to ensure all things are done in order!

Peter walked on water, his shadow healed people as we walked by, Joan of Arc saved France, Cirque dis Soleil performers (probably stretching it a bit there), Buddhist monks walking on rice paper drums without tearing them, the list goes on and on.

Begs the question.... Is this a spiritual thing? A thread on here an ATS member wrote up about calligraphy and it's use in martial Arts to enhance the concentration.

I'm still convinced each of us have a gift we are given to make each of us unique from each other, but only to appreciate each other even more than we do...if we use it :FOR eavh othe and not against.

edit on 21-5-2015 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2015 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
That's just amazing how he learned to feel gravity within the rocks he chose. . I think everyone can do this but it takes hours of practising and a real steady hand and lots of patients. .

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I don't understand why people are calling it a hoax, Rock balancing is a known art, and Micheal Grab isn't the first person to do this, there are some other professionnals, and a few hobby rock balancers, I've seen it in real life, nobody well known, but just as surprising.
The trick is using the right stones and finding their center of gravity. Not an easy task I imagine.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Not a Hoax

Andy Goldsworthy a British artist is also famous for balancing rocks
as well as other ways of creating art from the natural landscape

Humans are very skilful and capable of many things

www.google.co.uk...

edit on 21-5-2015 by artistpoet because: t

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Real. I believe the water helps illustrate the center of gravity as it flows down the rocks,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join