It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare Critic Gets Sick, Now He Wants ObamaCare

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
A man dying of thirst will even drink urine to survive. I don't think this is as much of an endorsement for Obamacare as a desperate attempt to survive.

Yes...I compared Obamacare to piss.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I wonder if he said that charity was a progressive disease until recently.

It's not charity if you don't have a choice.

That's not the conservative mantra I read here every day. "Fend for yourself" is the mantra.

I think you need to understand the Conservative ideas better than you do currently. It isn't "Fend for yourself"...it is support yourself, your community and that you should have a choice of who and what you support as opposed to someone else forcing you to contribute and then them deciding who gets the support.

The belief is that there are people who don't deserve the support or who will abuse the system. The left has a long history as do many on the right of simply wanting to take our money and do whatever they please. They lie and tell you it is for a good reason and cause and then spend the money as they wish. At minimum, they take loads of cash to establish a department, employees, buildings, etc. and then take what is left over and MAYBE help someone deserving while never policing the distribution for abusers.

Why? Simple...increase the size government, increased money stealing and ultimately creating a better, more profitable existence for themselves. I prefer to give to those I see in need locally. I look at who the person is and what they will likely do if I contribute. But government has already taken the money from me that I would like to contribute so they can take their cut, grow their "company" and decide who gets help and who does not.

It is also called control.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
PS: Here is an example. I live in Pennsylvania and there is a tax on cigarettes. Fine...assuming that the tax were to be used to counter the bad things caused by us smokers. But the majority of that tax goes to cover insurance for children who aren't insured.

Yes...a worthy cause. No...it isn't a tax to counter the item or action being taxed. Therefore...it is wrong and should either be fixed or discontinued. Think it will??? Never.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

A life long republican. Okay then.....

As for bit by Fox news?? What did Fox News do again??? Oh wait, they must have caused his health issue. I forgot. Bush and Fox news are the problem here.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I wonder, madam or sir, is there anything going on anywhere in the world that is not a conspiracy, 'psy op', or black flag operation? Please, enlighten me?

a reply to: skalla

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Are you suffering from a recent head trauma?

From all the people here, who is it that constantly pushes for personal responsibility???? It sure as hell isn't Democrats and Progressives.

The blaming of others and constantly being a victim is all on the Democrat and Progressive side.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Let the man sign up for healthcare! It's a free country with free speech. I find this no different than anti-gun people in a shooting situation asking for help from a gun carrying policeman or a concealed carrier. Or Wall St youth protesting against capitalism and then shooting footage of police retaliation on their iPhone.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

He really has no one to blame but himself. Even if you don't want ObamaCare, there are still other options available here in SC. Thankfully my employer still provides me with insurance.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Exactly. Sadly, I have become pretty cynical lately. I have a couple rental properties and one of them was a 3 bed 2 bath house. There was a family of 7 living there. The mom, the dad (unmarried) and 5 kids. The woman does not work and claims to be a single mother and will not marry for this reason. The dad works and provides some. He is a painter so it is very inconsistent income. She received money for childcare (so she can work-but she doesn't), she gets a free cell, she gets an EBT card and can buy better food than I can, free healthcare, she gets a check each month, etc. She actually said one day that she needs to have another baby because she needs a raise! I have since sold the house. This family actually got a loan to buy the house! We gave them a great deal on it. Long story short, received a call from the father about a year and a half after selling the home that the house was in foreclosure and ask if we could we help them.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: amberinsc

ahhh the American dream being lived out by those suckling at the tit of the Govt.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
The blaming of others and constantly being a victim is all on the Democrat and Progressive side.

While you and I share more in common than not politically....i have to point out that this is utterly absurd.

Sure, the Democrat may pander to a demographic that tends to be in the role of "victim". But blaming others is a sport that has no discrimination.

It all boils down to this: one party panders to people like you, one party panders to people different than you. Its unsurprising that you find one repulsive and the other not. But know this: once you get past the pandering, they are the same damn thing. Don't believe me? When was the last time meaningful action was taken with any elected official? Other than media shaming, that is?

Just because one faction of the mob makes plays against the other side doesn't mean they aren't both mob, and both on the same team. So take your pick: Team Edward or Team Jacob. Its about the same thing.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Oh, don't get me wrong. The GOP cries wolf as does the Dems.

I don't live by a Party. I live by ideals and principles. There is a reason behind this.

And a huge reason why I don't back people much in politics.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This is what we call spin, people. In fact there is so much of it going on that it would make a top dizzy. Let's look at the facts:
Life long republican (riiiiiight, but lets assume it's true)
Didn't buy his own health insurance
Got sick
Tried to buy insurance, was denied (rightfully)
Turned to the government for medicaid (denied, probably not due to medicaid expansion failure)
Now blames his vote for his bills (ie. wishing to vote himself a paycheck)

Not exactly the makings of a conservative, is it? No self-reliance. No forethought. No sense of responsibility for his own (in)actions.

This has nothing to do with obamacare. He would have been in the same pickle pre-obamacare. The only difference is that when he went to buy insurance after getting sick, he would have been denied for pre-existing condition instead of being denied for missing the enrollment period. So anyone (TP, OP, or the moron who the article is about) trying to make this political is simply an ignorant fool imo.
edit on 22-5-2015 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: amberinsc

Exactly. Sadly, I have become pretty cynical lately. I have a couple rental properties and one of them was a 3 bed 2 bath house. There was a family of 7 living there. The mom, the dad (unmarried) and 5 kids. The woman does not work and claims to be a single mother and will not marry for this reason. The dad works and provides some. He is a painter so it is very inconsistent income. She received money for childcare (so she can work-but she doesn't), she gets a free cell, she gets an EBT card and can buy better food than I can, free healthcare, she gets a check each month, etc. She actually said one day that she needs to have another baby because she needs a raise! I have since sold the house. This family actually got a loan to buy the house! We gave them a great deal on it. Long story short, received a call from the father about a year and a half after selling the home that the house was in foreclosure and ask if we could we help them.

Amber...I'm assuming
I had the same issue with a condo I used to rent. Government won't police this even though they know it is going on all the time. They WANT people feeding from their hands. Those people are so much easier to control. If the democrats push for welfare and the republicans believe it needs policing...who are these people going to vote for? And while they get money...the relinquish control. But what do they care. Most aren't smart enough to realize that losing control of your life is much, much more important than money. They would rather be fed the fish than be taught how to fish. And they will fight tooth and nail to keep from losing their "free ride". Why do you think Obama got a second term? Trust me...it wasn't because of the informed, intelligent voters.
edit on 5/22/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Or over 55 and years away from medicare. It was a terrible system before obamacare except for the lucky.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer
I wonder, madam or sir, is there anything going on anywhere in the world that is not a conspiracy, 'psy op', or black flag operation? Please, enlighten me?

a reply to: skalla

I would have assumed that you had been around here long enough to spot what i did with that post.

It would lack class for me to explain, but you really didn't get the very simple joke.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Yup I am Amber and seems we are on the same page.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Hey quick question...

How do I see when someone replies to something I have posted? Ya know without having to scroll through the whole thread? I feel slightly dumb for asking but I am a newby here.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join