It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare Critic Gets Sick, Now He Wants ObamaCare

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Nothing political about this.

Not sure I understand your point. If it needs to be in a different forum, please move it.

I'm not really trying to make any point with this story. I just thought it was interesting. I feel sorry for the guy. He thought he was doing the right thing and made some bad choices (don't we all?) and now he's getting help, which I'm glad about.

I was going after the ball...not the player. My comments relate to the story, not you.
Or, rather, the motives of the people who write the stories.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: Xtrozero

Relax, you got compensated more than that by the removal of the estate tax. Am I wrong?

We're talking middle class here, not filthy rich, Heff.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I wonder if he said that charity was a progressive disease until recently.

It's not charity if you don't have a choice.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

You left out the part that the individual mandate the part about the ACA everyone is complaining about was a Republican idea and they tried to push it through many times.

You left out the part about Obama lying about the mandate and saying his bill wasn't going to have one. Before he was elected, that is. One of the big reasons Hillary wasn't the nominee in 2008 was she was pushing an individual mandate and Obama wasn't.

Once the election was over no one seemed to remember that the "plan" Obama sold himself on was not supposed to have an individual mandate AT ALL and he suddenly "changed his mind" once he was president.

It's actually not even a partisan issue. It's this little issue that NOBODY voted for this except the politicians who signed it into law. And Obama used his pen exactly the same way a dictator would in that instance. Not even the Republicans called him on the big lie. They made a big deal about all the little lies like "If you like your doctor/health insurance, you can keep them" or "This is not a tax". But for some reason NO ONE really made a big deal out of "My healthcare bill doesn't even have an individual mandate".

Look it up. This is what the man said when he was running for president. I don't care whose idea it was. I didn't want it. I didn't vote for it. I didn't ask for it. And neither did tens of millions of people who this man lied to.

Now politicians are a bunch of liars. We all know that. But this was a big one. A law that forces you into a protection racket for the rest of your life is kind of a big deal.
edit on 21-5-2015 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: intrepid

Wait....this guy is now a Conservative?? Did Think Progress also report that?

The source said "life long Republican". He got bit by "what he learned on Fox" and now he's screwed.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

That's not the conservative mantra I read here every day. "Fend for yourself" is the mantra.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent HereticSome GOP states have refused the Medicaid extension for political reasons (because it was part of ObamaCare). Yes, the guy made some bad decisions (as I have said) and when he wanted to get Medicaid, he found his state had refused it. I can't fault him for blaming the GOP for not thinking about the people of their state.

That's okay, I don't expect you to fault him for waiting so long to get the facts on how and when he can sign up for medical insurance or Medicaid. It's a personal-opinion thing, and we're all entitled to them. He can blame whomever he wants to, but it doesn't make his finger pointing appropriate.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlandersNow politicians are a bunch of liars. We all know that. But this was a big one. A law that forces you into a protection racket for the rest of your life is kind of a big deal.

This is the point that I think most people who are fans of the ACA miss completely--they can't see the big picture because they might be happy with their health coverage for the upcoming year. It's this whole myopic view that many Americans have that are helping shed the original spirit behind both the Constitution and the founding of America.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Republican doesn't mean Conservative.

And since when did Fox lie to the American People about what exactly the ACA entailed.

Fox didn't create this crap. Fox didn't allow it to become law.

This man issues are all with 0bama, Democrats, his life choices and the Fed Govt.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Republican doesn't mean Conservative.

And since when did Fox lie to the American People about what exactly the ACA entailed.

Fox didn't create this crap. Fox didn't allow it to become law.

This man issues are all with 0bama, Democrats, his life choices and the Fed Govt.

Man did you get it right BH:

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I do feel for the guy. And I doubt many republicans are going to help him out as he is publicly denouncing the party.

Right under the bus.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Predicting the truth doesn't really take the Amazing Kreskin, Trep. "I was for it before I was against it" isn't a conservative thing.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

That's not the conservative mantra I read here every day. "Fend for yourself" is the mantra.

Then you must not pay attention to what I say because I always say that charity is choice.

People who vote for the government to take it and then "give" use that to absolve themselves of the need to have to have to choose to give further. They often take the "I gave at the office" mentality, or I voted for Obamacare and higher welfare, so public programs/government are handling it. See? I care.

Really, if you aren't making that personal choice to give of yourself and help out of your physical pocket or with your time and resources directly, then it's not charity.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Predicting the truth doesn't really take the Amazing Kreskin, Trep. "I was for it before I was against it" isn't a conservative thing.

Really? I've heard McCain and Romney referred to as RINO's. There's more. Unless successful at the rightie stuff they are also thrown under the bus. Yeah, it IS a conservative thing Burd.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Really? I've heard McCain and Romney referred to as RINO's. There's more. Unless successful at the rightie stuff they are also thrown under the bus. Yeah, it IS a conservative thing Burd.

Oh, now. It's a liberal thing too. If you don't tow the orthodoxy, they pretty much chuck you under the bus there, too.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, now. It's a liberal thing too. If you don't tow the orthodoxy, they pretty much chuck you under the bus there, too.

And no one takes responsibility for their actions. Do you know how childish that sounds?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

They are Progressive Republicans.

They are not representative of Libertarians or Conservatives.

But again, this man is more of a Democrat than anything. He blames everyone else except himself and looks to Govt to solve his problems.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

They are Progressive Republicans.

They are not representative of Libertarians or Conservatives.

But again, this man is more of a Democrat than anything. He blames everyone else except himself and looks to Govt to solve his problems.

As BH predicted:

Where did he learn how to blame someone else for his current travails? Imo it's GOP protocol. And the birds come home to roost.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Let's talk Staff member to Staff member regarding this "prediction," if you don't mind. You and I have both seen plenty of posts in which someone posts something absolutely in violation of the T&C policy and then closes the post with some variant of "Just watch, I bet the mods will delete this posts immediately."

Is that really a prediction? By making that prediction, when a Staff member rightly removes the T&C offending post, is that Staff member predictably following some nefarious script and the member who made the prediction has posted a deep insightful look at the future?

You and I both know that it is purely a pointless distractive effort intended to provide a counterpoint to a position there isn't really a defense against.

FACT: Republican isn't the same as conservative. There is no Conservative party in the USA, there are only conservative voters and conservative candidates.
FACT: The Republican party has a contingent which wishes to liberalize or marginalize the GOP.
FACT: "Predicting" someone will call this wishy-washy republican a non-conservative doesn't change the fact that it is exactly what he is.

As far as the blame game goes, Put the entire GOP up against a single Democrat, Barack Obama, and let's count the number of buck passes over the last 6 years. If buck passing were football, Obama would be sending photos of his privates to Jenn Sterger and doing Levis commercials.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

That's OK because I'm not a conservative on this issue. I call it as I see it.

And yes. I do believe we're going down the wrong path if we allow them to shackle us together through our common vulnerabilities. Government and society and civilization are all meant to be only as limiting as they need to be on the individual.

Seems like a certain kind of mindset sets out to find excuses to expand government power and limit personal freedom just that little bit more. That's not a conservative observation by any means. It's just reality.

Obama (and people like him) get power by telling people what they want to hear and leaving out the ugly parts. After 8 horrendous years of GWB, a guy like Obama comes along talking about peace and "universal healthcare". People don't really think about the language politicians use. "Universal healthcare" sounds good when you're not thinking. That's what he said but what they heard was "free healthcare".

Now think about the kind of calculation it takes to deliberately entice 50 million people with ambiguous language like that while simultaneously making specific promises that you know are complete BS from the word go.

"Fend for yourself" simply means other people are not obligated to pay your medical bills simply because you were born in the same country. As Carlin might say, it's an accident of birth. We didn't choose to be born here. How can you hold someone responsible for a choice they never made? Are we really punishing people for choosing to keep breathing?

edit on 21-5-2015 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Relax, you got compensated more than that by the removal of the estate tax. Am I wrong?

Naw... II'm stuck in the middle. I make too much for any tax breaks, but not enough for anything else to matter. I basically only get my 4 family members and my interest on my house as a write-off.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join