It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS just captured ancient city of Palmyra in Syria including hospital and prison

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Digital_Reality
Hopefully they don't do this..

To this..

How someone could destroy history like that eludes me. Lets hope not.

The same way they seem to enjoy raping and murdering women and children, and beheading anyone who does not believe as they do.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So...Palmyra was handed over to ISIS by the west for plundering /luting/ and filling the collection chambers of the rich western collectors of acient artifacts....

wat an joke the west has achiefed !

after Irak / egypt libia ..ect ect... syria becomes another country with had an rich history and no future anymoore

western leaders thank U for not stopping ISIS....Not boycotting the Banks who finances ISIS ...Not boycotting the weapon dealers not sanctioning all parties who supports ISIS..ect

only thing we hear of oure leaders is "wer habe es nicht gewust " and "political altzheimer"

edit on 20-5-2015 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Digital_Reality

Did anyone catch the interview with Gordie (Editor and Chief)
of Veterans Today) with Jeff Rense last night?

Gordie said that intelligence agents raided the home of
one of ISIS oil brokers, confiscated some computers, which
apparently revealed plans to take Palmyra and destroy a
second built Temple of Solomon, and these orders came from
what he said was some kind of Freemason group, who was
taking orders from Israel, who planned on destroying The
Dome of The Rock simultaneously, in order to bring about
The End of Days.

I'm not saying I agree, I don't know how there could have been
a second Solomon's Temple right in Palmyra without the
world knowing about it, but there is also a temple to Baal there,
which Christians, Jews and Muslims believe is Satan.

Just interesting that Gordie stated this last night, and now
it appears proved that ISIS is making an attempt to take
probably the most ancient collection of Greek/Roman and
pre-Greko archeological sites and destroy them.

Rebel 5

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
OOooo...think of all the fun they'll have destroying all those irreplaceable archaeological wonders.

I do care more about the people than the ruins for the record. None of it is ok. Hopefully they saw this coming and got out in time. I know its not realistic to think they ALL did though. Just like I know its not realistic to think they wont be smashing monuments with a sledge by nightfall. The whole situation stinks.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Digital_Reality
oure western leaders already wrote an red cross to the people....
if they really cared they would have stopped isis for long...
2 years ago the dutch gov. and MSM was fundraising money for the "rebels"
with that money ISIS was created....

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Saw this is on Twitter.

Reports of IS shelling and targeting with heavy weaponry Tadmor Castle on Mt Qassion

latest news from Palmyra: Assad-forces prevented people from leaving the city- all residents still inside.

Ugh!

Apparently there are 10,000 inmates in Tadmor prison also. I hope this is not true about the residents not leaving.

edit on 20-5-2015 by Digital_Reality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
OOooo...think of all the fun they'll have destroying all those irreplaceable archaeological wonders.

I do care more about the people than the ruins for the record. None of it is ok. Hopefully they saw this coming and got out in time. I know its not realistic to think they ALL did though. Just like I know its not realistic to think they wont be smashing monuments with a sledge by nightfall. The whole situation stinks.

Of course the innocent men, women and children about to be indiscriminately tortured and slaughtered in unimaginably cruel and barbaric ways are worth caring about.
The historically important archaeological sites and relics about to be destroyed by these savage lunatics...are as good as rubble by now. Good thing we've got plenty of photos of these sites for our children and their descendants to see and study.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
The absolutely devastating "can of whoopass" the state of Israel would unleash on the Daesh/isis idiots would have no previous parallel in history, well perhaps the bombings of Nagasaki and Hiroshima would be similar in intention, if not in scope or scale.

Israel is to quote Moshe Yaalon the head of the IDF "letting Syria bleed" by not getting involved. The Assad regime is an enemy of Israel, while ISIS will be a far worse outcome for Israel than Assad. Maybe Yaalon is right (not from a moral perspective but from a defensive state of war that does exist) in letting Syria commit suicide, but surely Assad suits Israel by being an enemy thus the status quo continues and Israel absorbs the Golan Heights for good. What are Israel going to achoieve by letting ISIL take control of Syria? Maybe they have a behind the scenes deal with ISIL, a Jewish stae here and a Sunni stae there with a boig wall between?
edit on 20-5-2015 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

The absolutely devastating "can of whoopass" the state of Israel would unleash on the Daesh/isis idiots would have no previous parallel in history, well perhaps the bombings of Nagasaki and Hiroshima would be similar in intention, if not in scope or scale.

Israel is to quote Moshe Yaalon the head of the IDF "letting Syria bleed" by not getting involved. The Assad regime is an enemy of Israel, while ISIS will be a far worse outcome for Israel than Assad. Maybe Yaalon is right in letting Syria commit suicide, but surely Assad suits Israel by being an enemy thus the status quo continues and Israel absorbs the Golan Heights for good. What are Israel going to achoieve by letting ISIL take control of Syria? Maybe they have a behind the scenes deal with ISIL, a Jewish stae here and a Sunni stae there with a boig wall between?

I'm pretty sure Israel isn't stupid enough to think that would EVER work. A Jewish state here and a Sunni state there...would just end up being a big war zone in the middle. As sad as it is, Israel will never be able to co-exist peacefully with its neighbors...history is a deep river that never dries up.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I was looking at pictures of the citizens on Twitter. Its sickening to think about what might be happening now to these people. Its inevitable that ISIS will hit the wall soon. Something has to give. I thought this was the sort of thing our global leaders would not stand for. Now is the time to squash this for good. Heck, it was time a LONG time ago!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Iranian embassy just reported as being blown up in Damascus debka.com...

Looks like it's kicking off big style

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

I was looking at pictures of the citizens on Twitter. Its sickening to think about what might be happening now to these people. Its inevitable that ISIS will hit the wall soon. Something has to give. I thought this was the sort of thing our global leaders would not stand for. Now is the time to squash this for good. Heck, it was time a LONG time ago!

Unfortunately, nobody will be able to stop them. The will is just not there. The U.S president won't lift a finger until ISIS is taking sledgehammers to the Statue of Liberty and the Washington monument.

Obama is hoping to ignore it...until his term is over.
edit on 20-5-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

a reply to: DerekJR321

Where can I find a link to the report by the UN?
I have done a search without any real results, can you provide a direct link to the report as this would be quite important.

Here is one.

United Nations Report December 2014

Here is a link to all United Nations Reports.

And here is another article straight from Haaretz. Netanyahu owes a hearty thanks to ISIS

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Israel is to quote Moshe Yaalon the head of the IDF "letting Syria bleed" by not getting involved. The Assad regime is an enemy of Israel, while ISIS will be a far worse outcome for Israel than Assad. Maybe Yaalon is right (not from a moral perspective but from a defensive state of war that does exist) in letting Syria commit suicide, but surely Assad suits Israel by being an enemy thus the status quo continues and Israel absorbs the Golan Heights for good. What are Israel going to achoieve by letting ISIL take control of Syria? Maybe they have a behind the scenes deal with ISIL, a Jewish stae here and a Sunni stae there with a boig wall between?

Isreal only cares about isreal.

Why would they lose money and lives to save a state that is their enemy?

Isreal won't get involved, and Isis knows better than to attack isreal.

Isreal would crush their military, and mossad would find every single one of them that tried to hide out.

Then they would likely destroy their families homes as well just to put an acclamation point in the "don't fick with isreal" narrative.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

Why isn't that exactly what Israel is doing? Israel is the power that supplies the Sunni moderates and gives them hospital treatment in Haifa. It is not supporting Assad and his Alawyte and Christian forces that are secular, it is supporting the Sunni forces. Is this a sick cash back for the holocaust? Jews got pretty much wiped out in Europe by Christians 70 odd years ago, now does Israel get it back through thye back door by supplying Sunnis who are wiping out Christians in the Middle East.................

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Iranian embassy just reported as being blown up in Damascus debka.com...

Looks like it's kicking off big style

Your link wouldn't work.

Are you sure about this?

If so.....

We are about to see some stuff go down here.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Why isn't that exactly what Israel is doing? Israel is the power that supplies the Sunni moderates and gives them hospital treatment in Haifa. It is not supporting Assad and his Alawyte and Christian forces that are secular, it is supporting the Sunni forces. Is this a sick cash back for the holocaust? Jews got pretty much wiped out in Europe by Christians 70 odd years ago, now does Israel get it back through thye back door by supplying Sunnis who are wiping out Christians in the Middle East.................

The Nazis were not Christians. They were cultists.

Why would they blame Christians, that makes no sense at all.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Interesting at this city is a large temple to Baal,there is a lot of information to suggest Baal is an earlier name for Allah.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I truly hope not...

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

True............ Israel probably won't get involved, as Yaalon stated a few days ago, i's Israeli policy to "let Syria bleed" as they haven't deided which side they want to rule yet. It still stinks, but it's good tactics militarily. Israel is booming right now, while its enemies ar commiting suicide, jeez you couldn't make it up really. As you say, Israel woold crush any threat to it in no time, especially if it decided to take the gloves off proper style and launch total war like we haven't seen for 40ish years. The IDF is a generation ahead of its nearest rival and that technological gap widens day by day

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join