It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Star Face of Mars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Emerys

Damn that looks familiar, think I've seen that after I take a shower!

I better go down to the clinic.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
The later mars face picture never looked right, as if the resolution has been deliberately tampered with to take out the detail. The 1970s picture looks like real picture there is depth and angles in the face. Something doesn't add up.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Emerys
a reply to: MadMartian

Found a new Mars rock structure as well!

Size does matter....otherwise this picture would not be so famous hahah
edit on 21-5-2015 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
The later mars face picture never looked right, as if the resolution has been deliberately tampered with to take out the detail. The 1970s picture looks like real picture there is depth and angles in the face. Something doesn't add up.

Really???? They go to all this trouble to bring us decent high resolution images and you're suspicious because the resolution is too high to start with? You do know (or maybe not?) that compressing a JPEG in both file size and pixel count will of course remove a lot of the fine detail anyway,there just won't be enough pixels left to show the fine detail.

The depth in 1970s picture is a result of the sun being low in the sky (to the upper left of the photo) hence the longer shadows.The more recent one has the sun to the middle right and higher in the sky,hence shorter and less prominent shadows and less depth to the 'face'.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

No, the image is NOT a fake. I will be on Late Night In The Midlands radio show with Host Michael vara to discuss this & will reveal coordinates during that show. ;-)

I will post a let know when the show date is, & hopefully you will listen in.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MadMartian
No, the image is NOT a fake.

I didn't say it was, but without a reference to the photo you used it's almost impossible to look for ourselves, why the secrecy?

I will be on Late Night In The Midlands radio show with Host Michael vara to discuss this & will reveal coordinates during that show. ;-)

I will post a let know when the show date is, & hopefully you will listen in.

I doubt I can listen to that show in Portugal. Why don't you post the coordinates? If you had done that on the opening post I would have already looked for other photos and for the best version of the photo you used.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Because I am a SERIOUS MARS RESEARCHER who discovered this find, & I give out info of my find/s upon MY DISCRETION. I have my reasons. Also I not need you to VERIFY something I am very well experienced to determine for myself. I am not looking for your approval of this find, as if I am uncertain about it. I can understand you needing the information, as it is important. You also will get that information. I promise. When you hear the show. ;-) Also I will like to say it is not just one image, as I also shown in the video. Also, you CAN indeed catch the show anywhere in the world if you have internet, as the radio show streams live for the net. ;-) So you CAN listen to it if interested when it is time for the show.

Also, there is NO better images publicly available at this time, for the STAR-FACE than what I already provided. I DO MY HOMEWORK. Ya think I am a newbie & not know what I am doing? LOL. No worries ArMap! I am way ahead of you bro!
Thanx for your interest in this amazing find, & hope you tune in when the show is set. (again, i'll post show date & time as soon as set)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I'm sorry to the o/p but even with my pareidolia turned up to 11 (see Spinal Tap),I can't see anything that even remotely resembles a face.
If I was to take a photo of say a random patch of mud in my garden and put it through all sorts of Photoshop filters,I have no doubt I could find something that someone might see as a face.But it won't be a face,it will be a digital photo of a random patch of mud that has been manipulated until it looks like a face.Substitute my back garden for the surface of Mars and we've got a good example of how we can get things out of photos that just weren't there when they were taken.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Do you actually understand the concept of pareidolia?

en.wikipedia.org...

Recognising other people's faces is the most important social interaction skill we have.You could be forgiven for not recognising someone's car or dog,but not recognising a familiar face and it can get somewhat embarresing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join