It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama bin Laden's 'Bookshelf': Documents Reveal Obsession With Conspiracies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well, what else can be said? I expected them to eventually try to pull something like this but somehow, I expected it to be a little more elegant than "Osama was into conspiracies and conspiracy theorists are into conspiracies. Therefore, conspiracy theorists are likely terrorists".

Yeah. Tell me more about how apples and oranges are both round. What a cheap shot.
edit on 21-5-2015 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I must say even I was a bit surprised to find him reading up on 9/11 conspiracies.

I honestly don't quite get that, he knew about the attacks, personally knew the attackers but he is reading Griffins book, I can only surmise it may have been for personal interest.

Hitler was also pretty big on conspiracies and in fact if you look into the ideology behind lots of terrorists they are big believers of conspiracies. Now I am not saying that if you believe the CIA killed JFK you are a terrorists rather I am just saying that lots of terrorists might shear you beliefs.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well, if Osama actually did pull off 911, then it makes perfect sense that he'd want to read 'a new pearl harbor'. Since it's claiming the US had prior knowledge of the attacks, of course he'd be interested in reading about those claims.

Other than that, most the books had aren't exactly hardcore conspiracy theories, imo. More like alternative American politics. Seems like he was more interested in how TPTB manipulate the american public, more than anything else.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I must say even I was a bit surprised to find him reading up on 9/11 conspiracies.

I honestly don't quite get that, he knew about the attacks, personally knew the attackers but he is reading Griffins book, I can only surmise it may have been for personal interest.

the attackers where almost all saudi not iraqi

Hitler was also pretty big on conspiracies and in fact if you look into the ideology behind lots of terrorists they are big believers of conspiracies. Now I am not saying that if you believe the CIA killed JFK you are a terrorists rather I am just saying that lots of terrorists might shear you beliefs.

The establishment magically find his bookshelf and claim he was a hardcore conspiracy reader.
Smells like a BS smear campaign that the Military Industrial Complex/megacorp controlled mainstream media is famous for.

Is this "begging the question" and "guilty by association" fallacy?

Osama Bin laden was a terrorist. Osama bin laden was into conspiracies. Therefore all persons that are into conspiracies are terrorists.

Hitler was a racist and a mass murderer. Hitler was into conspiracies. So therefore all conspiracy theorists are racist mass murderers.

Come on. This is getting silly.
edit on 21-5-2015 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

edit on 21-5-2015 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: removed content

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman

The establishment magically find his bookshelf and claim he was a hardcore conspiracy reader.
Smells like a BS smear campaign that the Military Industrial Complex/megacorp controlled mainstream media is famous for.

Osama Bin laden was a terrorist. Osama bin laden was into conspiracies. Therefore all persons that are into conspiracies are terrorists.

Hitler was a racist and a mass murderer. Hitler was into conspiracies. So therefore all conspiracy theorists are racist mass murderers.

Bingo! Love your post.

I distrusted it as soon as I heard about the "release of this information" and you are exactly right. They want to directly equate terrorism with conspiracy theories. All conspiracy theorists are terrorists. It is a ridiculous inference.

The games intelligence plays are getting so easy to spot. It is getting silly, as you said.
edit on 21-5-2015 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman

No what i said was that some very evil people are into conspiracies but that does not mean all conspiracy theorists are evil

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

He was just getting some background on the guys he works for. No harm in that! Lol

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Sounds like just another way to discredit and vilify "conspiracy theorists".

"Oh you follow conspiracies? Didn't Osama Bin Laden like conspiracies??"

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerekJR321
Sounds like just another way to discredit and vilify "conspiracy theorists".

"Oh you follow conspiracies? Didn't Osama Bin Laden like conspiracies??"

A tenuous link. Why go after conspiracy theorists if they pose no threat?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Bin Laden's "bin" dead since December 14, 2001 from complications due to kidney failure. They just listed these books to discredit conspiracy theorists in general and the 911 truth movement specifically. The whole Bin Laden raid story is unraveling, spurred on by Seymour Hersh and they are desperate to maintain the lie any way they can.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

That's an old story. I remember that a long time ago.

And yes, those same conspiracy theories are used by Muslims against Jew, if people would actually invest time into researching that then they would see that the Islamic world is the greatest anti-Jew conspiracists. And then the same conspiracies are repeated on ATS and youtube, and no one checks the sources.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I wonder if he had any interest in the one where public enemy no 1 was supposedly taken out in a special forces attack and fed to the sharks so there was no body?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Goddamn!! Only NBC would call Chomsky a conspiracy-writer. And since when was MKULTRA or congressional hearings about the program a 'conspiracy?' Until just 40 odd years ago, the program was still active. Who knows what remains and how effective the mind-control techniques were?

Anyway, here's the full list from DNI site.

The 2030 Spike by Colin Mason
A Brief Guide to Understanding Islam by I. A. Ibrahim
America’s Strategic Blunders by Willard Matthias
America’s “War on Terrorism” by Michel Chossudovsky
Al-Qaeda’s Online Media Strategies: From Abu Reuter to Irhabi 007 by Hanna Rogan
The Best Democracy Money Can Buy by Greg Palast
The Best Enemy Money Can Buy by Anthony Sutton
Black Box Voting, Ballot Tampering in the 21st Century by Bev Harris
Bloodlines of the Illuminati by Fritz Springmeier
Bounding the Global War on Terror by Jeffrey Record
Checking Iran’s Nuclear Ambitions by Henry Sokolski and Patrick Clawson
Christianity and Islam in Spain 756-1031 A.D. by C. R. Haines
Civil Democratic Islam: Partners, Resources, and Strategies by Cheryl Benard
Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins
Conspirators’ Hierarchy: The Committee of 300 by John Coleman
Crossing the Rubicon by Michael Ruppert
Fortifying Pakistan: The Role of U.S. Internal Security Assistance (only the book’s introduction) by C. Christine Fair and Peter Chalk
Guerilla Air Defense: Antiaircraft Weapons and Techniques for Guerilla Forces by James Crabtree
Handbook of International Law by Anthony Aust
Hegemony or Survival: America’s Quest for Global Dominance by Noam Chomsky
Imperial Hubris by Michael Scheuer
In Pursuit of Allah’s Pleasure by Asim Abdul Maajid, Esaam-ud-Deen and Dr. Naahah Ibrahim
International Relations Theory and the Asia-Pacific by John Ikenberry and Michael Mastandano
Killing Hope: U.S. Military and CIA Interventions since World War II by William Blum
Military Intelligence Blunders by John Hughes-Wilson
Project MKULTRA, the CIA’s program of research in behavioral modification. Joint hearing before the Select Committee on Intelligence and the Subcommittee on Health and Scientific Research of the Committee on Human Resources, United States Senate, Ninety-fifth Congress, first session, August 3, 1977. United States. Congress. Senate. Select Committee on Intelligence.
Necessary Illusions: Thought Control in Democratic Societies by Noam Chomsky
New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions about the Bush Administration and 9/11 by David Ray Griffin
New Political Religions, or Analysis of Modern Terrorism by Barry Cooper
Obama’s Wars by Bob Woodward
Oxford History of Modern War by Charles Townsend
The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers by Paul Kennedy
Rogue State: A Guide to the World’s Only Superpower by William Blum
The Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly Hall (1928)
Secrets of the Federal Reserve by Eustace Mullins
The Taking of America 1-2-3 by Richard Sprague
Unfinished Business, U.S. Overseas Military Presence in the 21st Century by Michael O’Hanlon
The U.S. and Vietnam 1787-1941 by Robert Hopkins Miller
“Website Claims Steve Jackson Games Foretold 9/11,” article posted on ICV2.com (this file contained only a single saved web page)
t

top topics

<< 1   >>

join