It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposed conspiracy about American Psychological Association also includes Zimbardo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

The American Psychological Association has been exposed again in a new report, "All the President’s Psychologists," and numerous other articles from various sources. Some of this isn't new and there is some evidence to indicate that more may have been revealed already that hasn't received much attention.

Also at least one of the individuals, Phillip Zimbardo, that has claimed to expose some of the problems with the CIA and been critical of the Bush administration may have also been involved in the research to develop some of these tactics and to revise the ethics guidelines. I have written more about this in Philip Zimbardo, Lucifer Effect, and The Stanford Prison Experiment and several other posts about this subject and will review some of it here; also there might be more information indicating that he was involved in this report, although they don't put much emphasis on it. As I indicated in previous posts Amy Goodman has interviewed him as well but didn't inquire about possible connections to the torture. I don't know if she had any knowledge of it; but if she didn't she probably should have. Comlpete article

The conspiracy recently exposed about the APA goes beyond what most people realize and it includes research into how to manipulate people that has been going on for decades. Some of the exposed disclosures aren't new, and the new disclosures add to past evidence which hasn't all been reviewed by the majority.

Some of this past research almost certainly indicates that Philip Zimbardo has been working for the military and probably the CIA for decades along with Stanley Milgram. They claim that they studied obedience so that they could avoid another situation like the Nazi's where people are trained to blindly obey; however they did their research for the military which used it to help indoctrinate people to do just that, which means, once again they did something close to the opposite of what they claimed.

Also the APA has been involved in other psychological research to manipulate people for political or business reasons as well. This includes psychological manipulation of children through advertising, union busting and political manipulation to elect those that cater to the most powerful.

On top of that an enormous amount of this research is protected as proprietary information by law. Instead of protecting the public from psychological manipulation they protect the secrecy so that it is easier to manipulate the public.

Yea, conspiracy is mandated by law; and that isn't actually a conspiracy theory since the evidence is public although when getting to speculation about what they're doing in secret would be theory.

Just saying

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: zacherystaylor

Dump the pill pushers and their pseudo-science.
Best case, it's misguided and harmful.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I wasn't referring to pills; I was focusing primarily on research that doesn't involve medication in this article; however you're point is valid anyway. They're also involved in using medication as part of their manipulation tactics. Some of this is almost certainly being done for purposes that they consider legitimate but their science in many cases is flawed, as you say; and they're using the public as research subjects.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Marketing = manipulation.
Big Pharma has their meat-hooks in government.
Make the puplic think they are sad or sick, have them go to the doctor, pay the doctor to push pills...
Convince the public that they are still sad, still sick, have them go to the doctor, pay the doctor to push pills..
Repeat, repeat, repeat
They get rich, the public gets side effects from pills..... and guess what, they have a pill for the side effects too.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Yea, conspiracy is mandated by law; and that isn't actually a conspiracy theory since the evidence is public although when getting to speculation about what they're doing in secret would be theory.

Just saying

There it is.

The reality is the secret and the conspiracy is well, here…

Buried underground at area 51, under the ocean in the Bermuda Triangle, under the polar ice caps in secret Nazi bases or on the moon. And if you get closer to home the truth is under the 911 rubble pile, buried in the desert and hidden on Hillary's basement server.

Search mode on safe…

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Yep that is the more rational assumption. However I don't completely rule out an alternative indicated by Philip Corso, who claims he distributed alien technology for the government to corporation. His book has his share of disinformation but if the general idea is accurate then it opens the possibility that they're using alien technology and researching on the public.

If this hy7pothisis is accurate then this is part of a massive rese4arch experiment.

If the seemingly more rational hypothesis is correct then they're still using the public as research subjects according to the evidence, only it is developed naturally without alien technology.

Either way the public is being used as guinea pigs.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

This hypothesis needs work

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Also the APA has been involved in other psychological research to manipulate people for political or business reasons as well

Think back really hard as to how you felt on the 18th March 2003 through to about the 23rd, give or take a few days. How geared up you were to support the global coalition, complete with embedded reporters on the eve of Iraqs Invasion liberation?

Bush had just issued his final ultimatum to Saddam and his sons to surrender or face the consequences in the next 24hrs. The tanks were at the borders, ready to roll, and true blooded Americans still had the towers in their minds and somehow what was about to happen waas justified.

Now, think back really hard as to whether "you were with us, or with the enemy".

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This is something with deep roots;

On Resisting Social Influence
Susan Andersen and Philip Zimbardo
Stanford University

ONR Technical Report: Z-79-01

September, 1979

Abstract

source link

In order to resist something, one has to at least have a working knowledge if not proficiency at what is being resisted.

Resisting social influences becomes important when such influences can be appropriately thought of as “mind control.” When information is systematically hidden, withheld or distorted it is impossible to make unbiased decisions. Under these circumstances, people may be subtly led to believe they are “freely” choosing to act. It is precisely this kind of decision that persists and most affects our behavior since we come to believe in those attitudes and actions for which we have generated our own justifications. The thesis of this essay is that “mind control” exists not in exotic gimmicks, but rather in the most mundane aspects of experience.

And be sure to check the year this was published.

They've been at it for a long time.
edit on 20-5-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Many years ago when I was spending countless hours into the night researching NWO/Illuminati related stuff, I came across a website. This website offered the service of mass manipulation. For political or corporate needs they offered to sway the opinions of large numbers of people using various subtle techniques. Propaganda campaigns. The website had a quote from some historical figure at the top of each page. Each having to do with controlling people.

At that time, I took a bunch of screen shots and saved them.

However, I am extremely sorry that I later deleted all my files of conspiracy related images. And I no longer recall the website or the name of the company. Or even, if the website is still up. For awhile I had kept track of it and it went down but re-emerged under a different URL or something. Same set up though.

Would be an awesome bit of luck if any ATSers know which site I've described and could track it down.

Anyway, ever since I was into researching all that stuff I've come to realize the propaganda is subtle, and everywhere. A little bit here. A little bit there. Music, movies, television, MSM (obviously) etc. Their hands are in all the pies, moving and shaking.

As for Zimbardo.. I always thought he looked like a villain.

Not that that means anything, just saying.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

As for Zimbardo.. I always thought he looked like a villain.

Sometimes, looks aren't deceiving.

The Stanford prison experiment was a study of the psychological effects of becoming a prisoner or prison guard. The experiment was conducted at Stanford University from August 14 to August 20 of 1971 by a team of researchers led by psychology professor Philip Zimbardo.[1] It was funded by the US Office of Naval Research[2] and was of interest to both the US Navy and Marine Corps as an investigation into the causes of conflict between military guards and prisoners.

Twenty-four male students out of 75 were selected to take on randomly assigned roles of prisoners and guards in a mock prison situated in the basement of the Stanford psychology building. The participants adapted to their roles well beyond Zimbardo’s expectations, as the guards enforced authoritarian measures and ultimately subjected some of the prisoners to psychological torture. Many of the prisoners passively accepted psychological abuse and, at the request of the guards, readily harassed other prisoners who attempted to prevent it. The experiment even affected Zimbardo himself, who, in his role as the superintendent, permitted the abuse to continue. ...

source

Any time you start digging around ONR, you start finding some pretty dark stuff, literally and metaphysically.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

This topic doesn't go far because people are too uneducated to understand it.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Think back even farther; they admitted they knew they didn't have any more weapons before the build up to war. the media went crazy before the build up to war and it got worse when the war propaganda escalated so I stopped watching an enormous amount.

The truth was available to those that wanted it before the war. Those with political power should have news as good if not better than the rest of us. Before the hype the traditional media admitted to facts that refuted the hype and when the hype was going on there was still alternative media outlets for a minority of peace advocates or people that saw through the crap. At the time I didn't know about most of them, but they were there. There is no excuse for them.

Think back even further again to The 2000 election and the media coverage for that. The election was fixed through the media before the Florida debacle; by refusing to cover candidates from the grass roots like John Hagelin and more.

As long as we have a consolidated media and the public accepts it we can't have democracy. If the public relies much more on alternative media outlets then perhaps we can get media and election reform and have democracy.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this one. I'll have to take a closer look later. They often expose some manipulation tactics while using others, but it takes time to recognize. Yea, some of this work dates back even further. Milgram did his work in the sixties, Janis was at it before that and more.

Mind control sounds so absurd and fringe; however if people start with simple manipulation tactics and put them together they are more likely to recognize it and it isn't like Sci-fi or fringe conspiracy theories often make it seem.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

There are a lot of those but I suspect that the ones that matter aren't so readily available to the public and the ones that are probably often have misinformation which takes time to sort out.

Zimbardo is no prize but he did make admissions that he didn't have to, often sounding like a confession to those that recognize it but at the same time he makes lame justifications that don't make sense.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I find his representation of Staff Sergeant Ivan “Chip” Frederick astounding and can't help but wonder if "Chip" ever recognized the conflict of interest that Zimbardo had. He might be outraged if he did.

Presenting himself as the investigator of this is the height of hypocrisy.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Aboveway

True but if they started with the simple things and took the time most people could understand much more. It might not be overnight but it doesn't have to take an enormous amount of time.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Indeed, any time you start looking into the subject of social and individual manipulation, it always goes back to the MK's, Paperclip, et al.

Digging further into the APA itself, we see that this particular organization began in 1892:

THE FOUNDING

At the invitation of G. Stanley Hall, a "group of rugged pioneers" met at Clark University in Worcester, Mass., on July 8, 1892, to discuss the feasibility of having some sort of an organization. There were present at least seven who are specifically mentioned: G. Stanley Hall of Clark University, George S. Fullerton of the University of Pennsylvania, Joseph Jastrow of the University of Wisconsin, William James of Harvard University, George T. Ladd of Yale University, James McK. Cattell of Columbia University, and J. Mark Baldwin of the University of Toronto.

Perhaps the most important piece of business at this meeting was the election of thirty-one members including the seven already mentioned. Hence at the end of the preliminary meeting, the membership consisted of Frank Angell, J. M. Baldwin, W. H. Burnham, J. McK. Cattell, Edward Cowles, E. B. Delabarre, John Dewey, G. S. Fullerton, B. S. Gilman (Clark), E. H. Griffin (Hopkins), G. S. Hall, J. G. Hume (Toronto), J. H. Hyslop (Columbia), William James, J. Jastrow, W. O. Krohn (Clark), G. T. Ladd, Herbert Nichols (Harvard), Wm. Noyes (McLean), G. T. W. Patrick, Josiah Royce, E. C. Sanford, E. W. Scripture, L. Witmer, W. K. Wolfe (Nebraska), W. T. Mills (McGill), H. Münsterberg, A. T. Ormond (Princeton), E. Pace (Catholic), and E. B. Titchener. The minutes note that the last four were elected subsequently to the other list, apparently someone subsequently remembered their existence.

THE AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION: A HISTORICAL SUMMARY, 1892-1930
SAMUEL W. FERNBERGER (1932)
University of Pennsylvania

Looking at one of the other founders finds this tidbit:

The most candid letters on policies at Yale came from faculty members ... George T. Ladd (six items, 1884-1886),...

And this is in reference to a dispute over a specific book:

Besides his reputation as a scholar and publicist, Sumner gained an impressive reputation as a master teacher. Much of his correspondence during the 1880's reflected his efforts to influence Yale College's curriculum and faculty. Sumner received many revealing letters when Yale's President, Noah Porter, asked him to ban Spencer's Study of Sociologyfrom the classroom (1879).

Sumner who is mentioned a bit later on here:

William C. Whitney was another close friend of Sumner (sixty-five letters, 1863-1890). As classmates at Yale they became "brothers" in the secret society, Skull and Bones.

Yale University Library
Creator: Sumner, William Graham, 1840-1910.
Title: William Graham Sumner papers
Dates: 1863-1946

Interesting what can be found, yes?
edit on 21-5-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: forgot to source first quote.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Yes it is, but even though I have been looking at some of this for quite a while I have been busy and I'll have to take the time to look at your links later. Thanks

Most if not all major trades seem to have developed organizations like the APA; someone once said all trades are conspiracies, and this is close to the truth. It rarely fits the strictest definition of conspiracies, since the information they deal with isn't secret. However it is complex and only those that spend an enormous amount of time on any given trade understand the full extent, which is primarily only those in the trade.

So if all trades aren't quite a conspiracy they're close.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The original article was updated to include a couple tweets to Phillip Zimbardo, which he didn't respond to, but if he wants to know about this discussion he could. I cited one of the articles cited by jadedANDcynical in it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join