It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you were "God" in this situation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This is completely hypothetical, so please humor me. It's 7:30 AM and I haven't gone to sleep yet... on a Wednesday... My mind is wondering.

Let's say you were a God. You are your own god. You aren't part of any actual religion that exists today. Now, Let's say you created the universe in whatever manner you find suitable to you're current state of mind (as in your human form, reading this right now). You created everything in the universe, you have always existed, yada yada yada.

Let's say you created a specific planet, within a specific solar system, within a galaxy of many. Then you created life. Doesn't matter how it was created, if it took billions of years for that life to evolve, or if it appeared suddenly in full form (yet with tons of related biological traits for no reason).

At some point, one of your biological creations began attempting to contact you. They feel as though you created all things and want to warship you. They create a book about all the things they think you had a hand in (although maybe you didn't and you just let the ball roll from the beginning, letting it roll on it's own after you gave it the initial push). A bunch of those same organisms doubt your existence, and for thousands of years they bicker at what they all think is what's going on.

Those organisms begin to advance in technology, yet do not advance in social matters leading to some those organisms ruling over all the others while they keep all the wealth to themselves and most of them are left poor. They are nearing the end of their existence by their own foolishness, and you haven't done a thing but watch that planet and their lives like it's a terrible soap opera.

They have 100 years before they all die off.

What would you do, or what would you not do?

~ Would you save them?
~ Would you let them all burn and think "well... that was a nifty experiment", then move on to the next planet
~ Would you do something else I can't fathom because I'm way past the time when I should have fallen asleep?

Not sure why I'm asking all this, as there doesn't seem to be a point to it all. Nevertheless, I'm curious about your answers!

Your creation has 100 years to live before they kill themselves off. You're an almighty being, capable of anything. What do you make of the whole situation?

Now... I'm going to sleep!

MY ANSWER: Considering I made the entire universe, billions upon billions of galaxies, a googolplex amount of stars and planets, and one single planet with life on it (I don't actually believe that, but this is a hypothetical situation after all), I think I would feel as though a few little specks of living matter on a slightly bigger mass within a massive galaxy and an even more massive universe that I created, were really insignificant compared to everything else I've done.

I think I would let them chance their own survival and move on to the next project.

What are your thoughts?

edit on 20/5/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'm guessing I would be bored, by this point.
So I would start messing with them.
Create a new planet, with some other living creatures, right by them.

Then a few more planets close by, with even smarter creatures on them, and have them visit.

Then I would start visiting and talking to them.

Freak them right out, and make them question everything they know.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

My answer is probably contained in here somewhere.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

This was great. I truly appreciate a different, & very well created explanation of the view point of god.

And i have to agree with you answer. He lets the ball roll, set in some rules, and moved on (checking back every now and awhile with some yummy buttered popcorn)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Why did we create this situation.

You have not given us a reason why we did it, do you have one or are we to assume our own reason.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I can't help but agree with you...I'd make a terrible god because I'd screw with people too much.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Probably ignore it and start a new project.

Maybe check in on em and see if they're all dead yet.

Edit: haha that's funny I didn't read your answer till after I posted.
edit on 20-5-2015 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Because we can. We are omnipotent, remember.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Pick one human.
Give him the knowledge to build a drive that would give humanity access to interstellar space.

With all that room, and nearly unlimited resources, it will pretty much sort itself out, as conflict on Earth is all about control of resources. If infinite resources, then no real basis for further conflict.

Exactly why any aliens who could get here, probably aren't going to start shooting. Simply no reason to do so.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

14 years age I was hospitalized and underwent a radical and highly experimental surgery. During my stay in hospital, I received a bamboo plant, it was truly a single stick with one tiny leaf. I have no green thumb. Never have. But that bamboo plant and it's one lonely little leaf represented luck, so I was told. If I nurtured it along, other leaves would grow and with it my luck. Okaaaay.

Fast forward to today. I still have that stick plant. I've nurtured it in the hope it will survive my brown thumb and uncaring ways. When I neglected to give it a mere teaspoon of water once a week, its leaves would yellow and I would pluck them off and nurture it faithfully. I talked to it, played 70s music to vibrate it, and because that's what I listen to while doing mundane housework.

If I knew how to embed pics, I would show you all my bamboo stick. Today, it has over 15 leafs, 5 new starting leads, and stands regal and proud. It is beautiful. A testament to the power of nurturing and attention.

It has brought me luck as I was marked to have died years ago. I am not writing this from the spiritual plain.

In my own way, I was God to that little plant. I think the answer to the question is intervention and nurturing. That is what I would do were I GOD in you scenario. If I created that world, it is a part of me, and if I do not show it love and care, it perishes and so does a part of me.

edit on 1432135148Wednesday31Wed, 20 May 2015 10:19:08 -0500amWednesday19101031 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Because we can. We are omnipotent, remember.

Because we can is not an answer, its a statement.

Why create if we dont want or need, why create this scenario if it has no value, what is the value, why.

if I went to the shops and purchased something I didnt want I would neglect what I purchased.
Whats the point of the question asked by the OP?

I dont see a point to the question just yet

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Like in my post, maybe you create because you are bored, and lonely?

Most people who live alone, and get a pet, don't neglect it.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Like in my post, maybe you create because you are bored, and lonely?

Most people who live alone, and get a pet, don't neglect it.

provide food and a safe place to live

I get a pet for company, provide for it and give it away if it becomes too difficult to afford, spend time with.

Guess like having a child, why?
Love, desire, relationship, friendship?

Guess if thats a reason it defines the answer then. When the child grows up you have to leave it to make decisions, find itself? Hmmm

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It already is done, i am everything that there was, are and will be, universes i created is part of me and they already possess everything and are evolving in cycles, i created first larger things that have much more capability to understand their purpose and are working in to mature the little things i created after them, everything takes care of itself/each other. Humans will judge inside them self when they die, have they matured enough to what they become part next. Its much more in depth than what human mind and body can understand but in very simple way humans have all the understanding they need to evolve into next being. As you can see you are part of many going through the same process in earth, if you look at it very simple way you already see what you need to do to mature either towards the path of light or dark. They both have their purpose in the cycles. Have to go now but i will continue this thinking, nice topic

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Aquarium water needs water changes every once and awhile. If you are lazy you don´t do it.. if you care u do.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I would give it the Hollywood treatment.
Against all odds the good guy would triumph.
The villain would get what he's got coming.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I sort of do and have played this scenario on my computer.

There is a game called The Sims. You may have heard of it? I created an entire neighborhood, a town. I decided who and what would move in. I added a mod program that even let me tweak how the Sims in my 'hood would behave toward each other. I even let a few be gay and partner just like there were some resident vampires and werewolves and war.

Then when my "world" was all designed. I created one man, named Eddard. Eddard Stark, and I turned him loose on a vacant lot to see how he would survive. I further wanted to see if he could find a mate and have children and how they would grow and survive and what would happen to the family as the generations progressed.

Of course, you haven't given me a reason for why I created the entire universe and only put life in one place. But I would presumably have had a plan, much like I did when I created the "world" for Eddard above. Without knowing what your idea of the plan is, I would have to say that whatever actions I take toward my creations are in accord with that plan.
edit on 20-5-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
Whats the point of the question asked by the OP?

I dont see a point to the question just yet

I said in my OP that: "Not sure why I'm asking all this, as there doesn't seem to be a point to it all. Nevertheless, I'm curious about your answers!"

It's a hypothetical situation, make up your own reason for starting the universe

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

If technology started advancing to the point that the planet and ecosystem was becoming unstable, I would covertly contact those lifeforms that called out to me directly (regardless of how they viewed my incarnation), and give them signs they could each understand according to their personal level of understanding, to let them know I was there, and watching out for them.

I would move them off-world or intra-dimensionally to a personalized planetary Heaven of sorts when they were ready, likes with like and balance within the populaces.

Same with the agnostics who were stressing out because I don't like seeing suffering of good peoples....believing in me wouldn't be a mandate. Also, I wouldn't allow them to "worship" me, I'd just ask them to be my friends and hang out casually.

The rest - the ones who mocked and derided the faithful and continued in their mindless pursuits of "dominion" would reap the fruits of their labors. They wanted to be their own "masters" so they can have that one failed experimental planet. If they somehow survived the process, I would contain that system to be separate from all other universal potentialities and other worlds by making it a closed universe. No chance of them getting out and spoiling the rest of creation.

Everyone else would be doing just fine and dandy on their customized worlds and open universes and have valuable life lessons of what NOT to do from seeing the destructive behavior of others in the previous instance.

If the cycle started up again?
Lather Rinse Repeat.

Win win situation all the way around.

edit on 5/20/15 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

If I save them, how long until they have to be saved from themselves again, and again, and again? How long until you get bored and just flick the switch and say goodnight, so to speak?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join