It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time misplacement?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Sorry, I wasn't quite sure where to put this.... but....

I was thinking about the possibility of a sort of time travel the other day, but one that doesn't make much sense. Ok, sometimes I hear sounds that aren't really there. You know, I'll hear my cell ring and I'll go to it and no one had called me, or sometimes you might hear a family member yell to you and you yell back to find out they never said anything in the first place.

What if somehow, some sounds, or maybe even images, could slip through time and be heard before, or after, they were originally heard? I don't know, it doesn't make much sense, but I wonder about it sometimes. Maybe that could explain people seeing "ghosts" as well. They could just be someone from another time, who was walking at that spot years ago. When random objects move, and people see it as some invisible power at work, what if that object was moved once a long time ago, and because of a slight rip in time, it moved in the future as well? I don't know. Just ignore me.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
You took the time to post so I doubt you really want to be ignored..........I don't have much thought on your proposition yet but I do have a suggestion - At various intervals in your day when you have a bit of extra time, try listening carefully and identify as many background noises as you can, counting them as you go(i.e. distant traffic, birds chirping, wind rustling, etc.). The intent of this exercise is to broaden your awareness of your environment. Be sure to include your other senses,but not at the same time as another. If you do this,you should find that the frequency of "odd noises/occurences" will decrease. Should they continue then your new found awareness may help you to define it much more accurately.

Good Luck.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well, I was really just stating an "out-there" theory. I usually have a pretty good awareness of what's going on around me, and I usually don't have too many problems with hearing things that aren't there, I just know it is a rather common thing in many people, even if it only happens once in a while. But thanks for the advice.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
One particular theory tossed around by a few time experts is the possibility that our minds, possibly already containing all the knowledge of the future and the past of our own lifetimes (and also possibly the entire past or future when interacting with other people younger or older than ourselves), simply filters through that information in linear fashion, which is what creates linear time. Just as some poeple manifest ESP abilities (which can also be attributed theoreticaly to this same mass collective consciousness theory), others might possibly have the ability to break slightly out of this linear filtering, and see and hear experiences from the past and the future. This is what might be called "time displacement - dilation - or misplacement".

This same theory might also help to explain such phenomenon as deja vu, ghosts, remote veiwing, and other forms of ESP. While training yourself to pay closer attention to your surroundings is always a good practice, I don't think lack of attention sufficiently explains the type of phenomenon you are describing. Certainly a valid and often overlooked topic in time travel theory, but not the first time I've heard it mentioned. For more info, look up the books "The Holographic Universe" by Micheal Talbot and "Time Travel: A New Perspective" by J.H. Brennan.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
ive heard a theory that says that the mind if concentraited right or if u belived hard enough that u saw something somewere u could actually make the image using your mind and other people would be able to see it too.(the guy explaining it was saying thats y sometimes more then 1 people see the same ghost) so maybe it can also work with sound (which is y sometimes u, and sometimes somewone else if your with someone will like here someone call one of your names but no one's around and stuff)

top topics

join