It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bobby Jindal Promises Executive Order Allowing Discrimination Against Gay People

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I have never been afraid of any homosexual my entire life,never have and never will.
I wish people would stop confusing non-acceptance of gay marriage with gay hating,
gay bashing and bigotry.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth so what's your problem with gay marriage

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Answer

It's odd how much fear homosexuality causes in some people.

Some fundamentalist seriously believe accepting homosexuality will cause the end of the world.

They seriously believe it is part of the End Times. They really believe they are fighting for their lives and preventing the destruction of humanity.

Just a fact.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Scary true, it makes me laungh and wince at the same time...a reply to: Annee

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
Scary true, it makes me laungh and wince at the same time...a reply to: Annee

Me too. And I'm not LGBT.

When I, finally, stepped completely out of the "God Circle" at age 65 - - I was actually astounded at how much power I had given away to an invisible force. It was the most Enlightening experience in my life - - to be fully responsible for everything about me.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It is very liberating and you really do start to enjoy life more, at least I have. I do still pray though but more in a abstract putting energy into the universe kind of way if that makes sense. a reply to: Annee

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I have never been afraid of any homosexual my entire life,never have and never will.
I wish people would stop confusing non-acceptance of gay marriage with gay hating,
gay bashing and bigotry.

You're not afraid of an individual gay person. You fear the concept.

Huge difference.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
It is very liberating and you really do start to enjoy life more, at least I have. I do still pray though but more in a abstract putting energy into the universe kind of way if that makes sense. a reply to: Annee

I consider myself a Spiritual Atheist.

I've had too many paranormal (for lack of better word) experiences since first memory. I used to "fly" (astral travel) a lot when I was about 5. So, I know there is more going on then the physical world. I just don't believe in any God (in any religious sense). Energy connections? Yes. God, No.

Back to Jindal. While there are some Fundies who really believe as stated above. I think Jindal is just a desperate political creep.

edit on 21-5-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I mentioned very briefly my experience with astral projection in another thread. I was a little older than 5 more like 11 and I used to lucid dream a lot (just for fun).a reply to: Annee

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The next gay person who is denied access to some business like these bakers and florists should tell them, "Oh but you see, homosexuality is a choice, right? Well, I'm choosing to be straight for the duration of this transaction, so now you have no excuse to not serve me. When we are done here I'll choose to be gay again. Now serve me like you serve everyone else you self righteous dick!"

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
The next gay person who is denied access to some business like these bakers and florists should tell them, "Oh but you see, homosexuality is a choice, right? Well, I'm choosing to be straight for the duration of this transaction, so now you have no excuse to not serve me. When we are done here I'll choose to be gay again. Now serve me like you serve everyone else you self righteous dick!"

Have to give you props for that one LOL

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Well I guess I could come up with a questionaire if I ever have to and call beforehand... and ask...

Do you serve gays??
Do you serve women who are wearing pants?
Do you serve unremarried widows?
Do you serve...whatever...
heck maybe I will post it online just to help others out....

who knows but if enough businesses started getting phone calls just to make sure the business didn't have any gripes about serving them well they'd get irratated enough to stop this kind of crap..
god knows the gov't doesn't really care what the little guys think!!!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
see me on pg 28 a reply to: mOjOm

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Now when those that hold a religious conviction against gay marriage are forced (by law) to provide for a gay marriage, those that are religious see that as a tacit approval of the act of marriage for the gay folks.

Well, you may try quoting 1 Peter 2:13-17:

Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, 14 or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15 For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. 16 Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. 17 Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.

.. and no the irony isn't lost on me that some people in recent years are fond of calling the President "Emperor Obama."

It's pretty clear at several points in the bible that Christians are expected to be good, law-abiding citizens. As far as I know, there isn't any scripture that admonishes people to not engage in commerce with sinners. There's also nothing in scripture regarding wedding ceremonies either so people should understand that the cake, dress, flowers, etc have no religious significance (even less than no religious significance at the reception). I'd stay away from Romans 13:1-5 though, it's basically a prescription for becoming unquestioning slaves of an authoritarian state.
edit on 2015-5-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

gay bashing and bigotry.
I wish people drop the asinine belief that you can oppose a group of people doing something (which other groups can already do) that has no impact on your life whatsoever and not hate them.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: technical difficulties

hate is such a strong word and quite frankly does more harm to the person feeling the emotion than it does to the one that the emotion is directed at. I think you are a little off base here.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

gay bashing and bigotry.

Its not "gay" marriage.

Its Marriage Equality. Everyone having the right to marry.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
We are at 29 pages.... are gays evil or Equal? what says the thread of truth? I NEED TO KNOW

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Legman
We are at 29 pages.... are gays evil or Equal? what says the thread of truth? I NEED TO KNOW

PASS

Do you have an opinion?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
“We will be issuing an Executive Order shortly that will … prevent the state from discriminating against persons or entities with deeply held religious beliefs that marriage is between one man and one woman.”

I see that as protecting religious freedoms for churches, so they won't be forced to provide same sex marriage. I'm not seeing the law protecting religious rights as a law allowing discrimination against gay people. Louisiana doesn't have legalized same sex marriage. Or is this for something else that I've missed???

** Disclosure - before anyone jumps down my throat - I'm in favor of marriage equality.

I would agree with you if it hadn't been worded the way it was, see the bolded section in the above quote. By listing "persons or Entities" they are opening the door to EVERYONE to discriminate based on your sexual preference. If it was all about the church, like you suggest, then it should have been worded something to the effect of "prevent the state from discriminating against Religious institutions, with deeply held ... etc." or maybe "religious entities" if they prefer. Either way it would have been better language to use in writing the bill/executive order, if they intended it strictly for the benefit and protection of the churches. No, the way it's worded is intended to draw a clear line between those who have their heads up their own butts and the rest of us.
edit on 22-5-2015 by looneylupinsrevenge because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join