It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bobby Jindal Promises Executive Order Allowing Discrimination Against Gay People

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
If I want a gat damn panini and you make the best gat damn panini's in town but your god doesn't want me to have one of your awesome paninis then essentially you are denying me to know god and the awesome gift of panini making skills he blessed you with.

I guess I'll have to settle for the chicken satan salad across the street womp womp womp

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

some of those jews were really quite wealthy and well when they got shipped to those camps well all that wealth fell onto the state. so well, two things were accomplished in one shot...
the gov't got their needed funding and well the limited resources got passed around to a smaller group of people...
it's a neat way to get a country out of a very bad economic slump....
hey, we are kind of in a bad economic slump now, aren't we??

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

I think you already have to have a permit now to have any kind
of public demonstration.Some people should really go to places like
Dearborn Michigan and try practicing any type of christian services
there.What will be more interesting is being openly gay there as well.
It will be an eye opening experience for all concerned.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Might be some wealth redistribution uh oh... bum bum buma reply to: dawnstar

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

oh maybe I could go about it with a dress code...
ya know halter tops and super short shorts for the girls, see through tank tops for the guys...
I bet I could even find a way to classify it as part of my religious expression!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
The rights of a business owner to decline to do business based on religious tenets for one.

That is an imagined "right". It doesn't exist. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 outlawed discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I've said this previously but if you truly believe in revelations and the end of days then that must mean you accept that it is gods will or intent and in being so it is going to happen regardless of what you or I or anyone else says or does otherwise, correct? So if it is god's will then would it not be arrogant to think that any of us would be able to truly stop it? It would seem that it is meant to be and should not be feared.

Instead of pandering to fear we should be trying to be the best little gods creations we can be towards one another and spiritually preparing for the next step. Basically we should all be practicing more peace, love and general acceptance towards one another. a reply to: mamabeth

edit on CDTThu, 21 May 2015 10:48:16 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago21-05:00Thu, 21 May 2015 10:48:16 -050048 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

As constitutionalist, the right choice is clear to me. Nothing in the original Bill of Rights nor any of the other amendments mentions sexual preference. The 14th amendment prohibits discrimination based on race or gender, because a person has no control over those traits.

So, how then does it allow for discrimination against two male humans, or two female humans that want to form a partnership? Their preferences are part of being human - something they can't change. Their gender preferences are a big part of that category of gender

We don't need science to weigh in on this

Religious preferences - on the other hand - are nothing but choice. The only reason two humans (as of right now) can be denied the right to marry whoever they want is because one group of people has decided they cant - based on what?

Based on the fact that their god tells them they can't (and he doesn't really go out of his way to make that part absolutely clear either - the constitution is not the only thing up for interpretation here)

So - religious freedom is one thing. Denying all humans civil rights 'cause God says - that is another

edit on 5/21/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

If you are hungry and thirsty Mama will make you something
to eat and drink.If you need a warm coat I will find one for
you.The only thing I can't do is anything for a gay wedding.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I guess it depends on how you view prophecies...
I remember one of the prophets got really irked when God sent him somewhere with a message and well the prophecy he gave didn't come true, mainly because the people listened to him and averted the judgement.
And well when it comes to revelation, or any other long term prophecy are your sure that it's on a set timetable or could it be more that it's a line of events that are outlined that when they all fall into place lead to the outcome? Kind of like, if you do this, then that, then this other thing over here, well guess what happens!!!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Be very careful for what you wish for,you just might get it and you
would probably not like it.As a believer that we are the end times
generation written about in revelation.
1.There will be a one world religion
2.A one world government
3.Mass deception on a global basis
Any feelings of freedom from religion will be short lived.Those basking
in it's euphoria will have a rude wake up call.

What a nightmare, huh? Oh wait, that plan was put in place a long, long time ago!

1.There will be a one world religion Check!

Christians have been trying to pull that off since the Nicene Council! And then of course, there's that pesky papal bull called "The Discovery Doctrine" in which the pope commanded/authorized every Christian monarchy to go out and conquer the world in the name of Jesus Christ!

A one world government Check!

You got the Vatican, setting itself up as a NATION, to oversee the Holy Sea, and declaring that every human being on earth is subject to the Pope!

Mass deception on a global basis Check

There could be nothing more deceptive and Anti-Christ than what Christianity has already wrought on the planet. No religion has ever been more blasphemous to the "Holy Spirit" or more destructive to the human race and oppressive to the free expression of religious freedom than Christianity.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

BH,
In my personal life I fight this issue. I have heated debates with my parish priest (and even my "liberal" wife) about gay marriage and gay rights. I don't see the issue.

I cite text, I bring up the teachings of Jesus. But some in the religious community just don't accept the concept of gay marriage.

Now when those that hold a religious conviction against gay marriage are forced (by law) to provide for a gay marriage, those that are religious see that as a tacit approval of the act of marriage for the gay folks.

Basically, they feel that the law is forcing them to go against their religious convictions in the area of gay marriage.

And I feel their frustration because they are being denied the act of non-participation.

Sure, you can cite the laws. You can scream discrimination. But this isn't a new teaching, a new concept. For centuries, church doctrine has been against gay marriage. Forcing religious folks to participate (and they do see it as participation) is going against their religious beliefs.

Laws don't change hearts and minds. Laws restrict behaviours. Laws restrict acts. Laws dictate behaviours.

There are those that will take advantage of these laws, in my humble opinion, and further restrict religious expression. I see it daily on these boards! Even you can't deny that!

Laws that even allow these religious freedoms are redundant and superfluous! Because they isolate and target other groups.

In conclusion;
Nothing good is going to come from any of this. There will be no "new freedoms". There will only be more hate and division. Religious folks will stop listening and dig in their heels. LGBT folks will fight back against real and perceived oppression.
The sum total will be a loss of expression and a new franchise for government to capitalise on that will include convoluted laws determining behaviours for every social situation.

Of course this is just my humble opinion. Take it with a grain of salt.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

would you hire a gay baker?

just wondering where that line is drawn and well if extends outward to other beliefs.

I've actually met someone that believes that he should be the one who decides who his future son in law should be...his daughter shouldn't really have much say in the matter at all...
so, if the gov't were to step in and prevent such a marriage based on the girls desires not to marry, are they not infringing on his belief?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well since your food is so good would you at least cater it please? I mean thats the only way you would get an invite anyway. a reply to: mamabeth

edit on CDTThu, 21 May 2015 11:03:09 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago21-05:00Thu, 21 May 2015 11:03:09 -050003 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
As for the details I can't really say. a reply to: dawnstar

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Fear? I am not fearful for what the future is bringing,I am
preparing for it.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

laws give an open space where the discriminated against can rise up and show what they are truly capable of and well change the perception of the masses!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

If you are hungry and thirsty Mama will make you something
to eat and drink.If you need a warm coat I will find one for
you.The only thing I can't do is anything for a gay wedding.

Did Jesus say something about gay weddings that I missed?

Did Jesus say something about gays - at all - that I missed?

Please mama - enlighten me

I think this anti-gay thing is also anti-Jesus

More of a cultural choice than a religious edict

But, hey - maybe Jesus will award you extra points when you get to heaven for going out of your way to be cold and withholding towards your brothers and sisters

Nice touch with the food and coat stuff though

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Again BOOOOM!!!! What...what you mean the whole time all this death and hatred was really perpetuated in the name of god but how? I didn't realize slaughtering all those muslims was wrong I thought...I thought god wanted me to. I thought...I thought god wanted me to hate gays and those of differing beliefs than mine. You mean I was wrong...well what now? reply to: windword

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Some of the best cooks,bakers and wedding planners are gay.
Yes,I would hire one if I couldn't do it myself.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join