It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bobby Jindal Promises Executive Order Allowing Discrimination Against Gay People

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Ask? Simply asking if they are ok with providing flowers for a same sex wedding? Or the wedding planner could ask, or may already know?

So, while everyone else walks in to a place of public accommodation and orders whatever they want, fully expecting to be accommodated, gay people are supposed to be reduced to "asking" if they can patronize the business?

And no...they don't have to ask.....you asked how they would know if they didn't serve gays and I gave an answer. Just like a Jewish person may only want to work with a Jewish flower shop (if there is such a thing) they would likely have to ask, or if they walk into a deli and have to ask if it is Kosher.....should it all just be kosher?

OHH I like that.

Does that mean all deli's are discriminating against conservative Jews if they are not kosher?

What about the Muslim's If the shop is not right for them, is this true also? (Sorry I can't think of the correct name for the Muslim food requirement right now,)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

a reply to: dawnstar

No, it's about views on marriage only. That's how we know it's targeting gay people.

I don't know about that. Really long story I'll try to make it short.

My wife and I were told no by a lot of Men of the Cloth. I'm spiritual ... she's Buddhist. We were trying to arrange for a marriage on a military installation and got told "No." at least a half-dozen times. I was quite surprised and mostly amused. We finally found a preacher who just didn't care. The End

Fact is there are many houses of worship who will not recognize a couple's desire to be wed ... unless you're a member (which we were not). So ... targeting gay people isn't the only reason all the time.

Thanks for that post.

You guys did the sensible thing. If someone does not embrace what your doing why force them too? And why bother spending your time and effort to punish them for their chose. Life is to short for that.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I personally see issues such as this like this, if you don't want my money fine I don't want you to have it anyway so long as you keep your hateful mouth shut and your hands to yourself there won't be a problem. Don't start no shiz won't be no shiz.
edit on CDTThu, 21 May 2015 08:22:36 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago21-05:00Thu, 21 May 2015 08:22:36 -050022 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Well I think in this case a Christian helping with the wedding is helping them to commit a sin. THey Believe they are helping condemn someone to hell. So they believe it's wrong to help someone comit sin.

Fine. They should get out of the wedding business then. No one is forcing them to own a business that serves the public (of which gay people are a part).

Why really so refusing to marry a gay couple in accordance with his religion should give up being a priest that's the dumbest thing I think I've ever heard. Or a church refusing to allow the marriage on their property because again their religion tells them it's wrong. You can't legally force someone to do something or even offer the same services to all sad that you think so. There are jobs now even guys just can't have they have women only workplaces becoming quite common.Do not think for a second it's not ok to offer services to one group.There's barber shops that will tell you they don't cut white peoples hair. They are literally a black barber shop Now you may believe this is racist but cutting hair their is a diffrence. Me I'm not going to argue with the barber when he suggest I go somewhere else. I simply go ok and find a barber that can cut me hair.

Here's the way this should play out priest refuses to marry gay couple. Gay couple finds another church that dosent have the same beliefs. But now here's what some want to happen church refuses and is shut down because they don't treat everyone the same. Sorry but thats wrong we are saying your religion means nothing our morals trumps your god.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
My stance is this and I make no secret of it, I would like to see every church of every organized religion gone. However I think that needs to come from an overwhelming want by the majority of society as opposed to being forced by legislation from the "establishment". Organized religion is a scourge whose usefulness is coming to an end. Now I fully understand that it has helped many to find true compassion and be better people... but it has also stunted the emotional and evolutionary growth of many as well. Simply it just needs to go away, most people are completely capable of figuring out what is right or wrong without hearing it from an oddly dressed intermediary of an invisible sky man who needs your money and singing once a week.reply to: dragonridr

edit on CDTThu, 21 May 2015 08:41:40 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago21-05:00Thu, 21 May 2015 08:41:40 -050041 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
My stance is this and I make no secret of it, I would like to see every church of every organized religion gone. However I think that needs to come from an overwhelming want by the majority of society as opposed to being forced by legislation from the "establishment". Organized religion is a scourge whose usefulness is coming to an end. Now I fully understand that it has helped many to find true compassion and be better people... but it has also stunted the emotional and evolutionary growth of many as well. Simply it just needs to go away, most people are completely capable of figuring out what is right or wrong with hearing it from an oddly dressed intermediary of an invisible sky man who needs your money and singing once a week.reply to: dragonridr

I actually agree religion causes a lot of problems middle east great example. Buy I'm also a realist religion isn't going anywhere if we do away with one another just pops up. Look at scientology it's based off alien body snatchers. It's a human need to form beliefs and I don't think it's going to change anytime soon.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Maybe not in our lifetime it won't vanish but it is fading. I think the TPTB are holding onto it simply to squeeze every last bit of money or agenda pushing capabilities they can out of it before they decide ok society is ready now, pull the plug.a reply to: dragonridr

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

My stance is this and I make no secret of it, I would like to see every church of every organized religion gone. However I think that needs to come from an overwhelming want by the majority of society as opposed to being forced by legislation from the "establishment". Organized religion is a scourge whose usefulness is coming to an end. Now I fully understand that it has helped many to find true compassion and be better people... but it has also stunted the emotional and evolutionary growth of many as well. Simply it just needs to go away, most people are completely capable of figuring out what is right or wrong without hearing it from an oddly dressed intermediary of an invisible sky man who needs your money and singing once a week.reply to: dragonridr

The 1st Amendment was written to protect the "minority" from people who think like this. Do you honestly want to have the freedom of religious expression gone?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
When is the federal government going to admit LGBT's as a protected class so nonsense like this is forced to stop?

As soon as they admit white straight male Christians as one.

They already are!

White (check!) Race is a protected class!
Male (check!) Gender is a protected class!
Christian (check!) Religion is a protected class!

The only thing that's not protected is your sexual orientation and that's what should be added.

And, by the way, stores are NOT private.

This shows how very little you know about the subject.

edit on 5/21/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'm sure you read it but I don't think you fully understand my intent. Notice where I say the disappearance of religion needs to come from the will of society as a whole not legislation pushed by the establishment despite my personal opion about it. See I'm big on FREE WILL and live and let live. a reply to: beezzer

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Why really so refusing to marry a gay couple in accordance with his religion should give up being a priest that's the dumbest thing I think I've ever heard.

No one is talking about a priest or a church or anything like that. We're talking about stores, restaurants, bakeries, florists, etc. Please understand the subject before posting.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

I guess you're entitled to your opinion.

Mine is, of course, that people should be free to always exercise their religious freedoms.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I agree with you 100% I just would like to see it fade away because the majority of sane rational people realize they don't need it anymore. Oh and I'm no atheist by the way I love the creator just as much as it loves us all. a reply to: beezzer

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Why really so refusing to marry a gay couple in accordance with his religion should give up being a priest that's the dumbest thing I think I've ever heard.

No one is talking about a priest or a church or anything like that. We're talking about stores, restaurants, bakeries, florists, etc. Please understand the subject before posting.

No you are in the misguided belief that businesses can not cater to certain groups.But laws are in acted to prevent churches from being sued.
edit on 5/21/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I agree with you 100% I just would like to see it fade away because the majority of sane rational people realize they don't need it anymore. Oh and I'm no atheist by the way I love the creator just as much as it loves us all. a reply to: beezzer

So people who believe are not sane and rational?

Might as well put that on my resume.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

umm.... I pray in public alot, no one ever notices...........
I imagine they only way they would notice is if I was loud and obnoxious about it or putting them in a position where they feel that they should be taking part in it. in the latter I am sorry but if you are putting them in a position where they feel that they should be taking part in it, well, aren't you forcing the same thing on them that you think is being forced on you by arranging flowers for a gay wedding???

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

No you are in the misguided belief that businesses can cater to certain groups.

No, that's not what I think. Don't know where you got that.

But laws are in acted to prevent churches from being sued.

Churches ARE private organizations and can't be sued for refusing to marry someone, if that's what you mean. I agree with that and that's NOT what the thread is about. It's about businesses.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

you do realize that in some cultures that freedom to exercise you religious beliefs went as far as standing in the way of others, of the same beliefs not being able to exercise theirs right? I am thinking of afghanistan during the taliban years here when they done away with the public bath houses for women (because of religious beliefs) and well water is a scarce resource in afghanistan and because of this the use of public bathhouses is the norm, so these women could no long bath. Another belief in their culture is that you have to bath before you pray and since well they couldn't bath, they could no longer pray. and well I am sorry but being able to pray to your god is one of the most basic religious beliefs!!!

back in the western world, the whole motive with the separation of church and state was to prevent believing christians from preventing other believing christians from practicing their beliefs!

I hear so much about this one world gov't that is coming with it's one world religion, and how it's gonna persecute all the christians.... but some of those christians just can't see how much they are helping to bring it about.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

No you are in the misguided belief that businesses can cater to certain groups.

No, that's not what I think. Don't know where you got that.

But laws are in acted to prevent churches from being sued.

Churches ARE private organizations and can't be sued for refusing to marry someone, if that's what you mean. I agree with that and that's NOT what the thread is about. It's about businesses.

No its not no where does it say it's about businesses it says someone can't be sued for their religious beliefs. As I said there are a lot of businesses that specifically cater to one type of clients.It's not illegal though a bad business model in my opinion not illegal.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Again your grasping at straws and to be completely honest I love when people like you act like that towards people like me. I want the world to see what amounts to you fist shaking and rah rah rabble rabble like a yapping #zu as I stand staring at you with a smile.

See what I really said was that the majority of sane rational people DO NOT NEED it not that those that believe are somehow insane. YOU seem to be trying to pick a fight that I won't give you.a reply to: beezzer

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join