It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea claims to have the ability to miniaturize nuclear weapons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

At most this is the usual nonsense america puts out so it can justify having a military base in every corner of the world

Yah, next time they say they are billing more bigger air craft carriers to counter the Korean threat (Its about China really) then we will go, oh yah, we need those to stop the evil North Koreans and their tiny little nuke fissile fleet.

After all, we can't accuse them of being Muslim now can we?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

In your rush to hate America. You failed to realize that miniaturization of nuclear weapons is required for intercontinental ballistic missiles.

If North Korea has achieved this feat it is very serious indeed. On the other hand I tend to doubt the claims maybe Kim just got a nuclear warhead confused with his penis.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

How soon everyone forgets. The UK invaded Iraq also.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
North Korea also claims that their country is being governed by a dead man.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
north korea claims a lot off things, if they really did would they be anouncing it

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
DPRK has only developed low yield, unboosted fission devices- if what they say is true, it means they have moved beyond gun type, and have figured out implosion.

It took us 10 or so years to go from mastering implosion to thermonuclear- and another 10 years to figure out how to reliably direct the xrays for a proper miniaturized 2 stage fussion bomb. That was with a couple hundred million invested, and vast research capabilities.

15 or 20 Kt would suck if it hit Pearl Harbor though... How's that Aegis system looking???

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Ah.television.its a wonderful mind control mechanism. Very few know what's going on in that country. But everyone seems to here. Living in caves and being backwards make these countries easier to bomb. Brown skin helps too. We would never bomb civilized people.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: ChefSlug

Mini nukes you say? I've found the perfect buyer...

I go through them things like bacon candy in that game. mmm mmm nukey goodness. For when you absolutly have to kill everything in the room..the apartment....the city....and the country.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

I know but couldn’t find a meme with the USA and UK flag on it

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I know but couldn’t find a meme with the USA and UK flag on it

Technically you could've merged The songs America and God Save the Queen into the same song ?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Upon reading the thread title I pictured binoculared Kim Jo and his large hatted mates excitedly observing from a distance a four inch tall mushroom cloud rising in the middle of a field.

If hot air and bulls#!t were lethal weapons, NK would have subjugated us all long ago.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I find it hilarious.

Iran = No evidence of nukes, denial = Must have nukes BOMB THEM!

North Korea = Nuclear tests , proud admittance, direct threats = meh they are just bull #ting the world.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

In your rush to hate America. You failed to realize that miniaturization of nuclear weapons is required for intercontinental ballistic missiles.

If North Korea has achieved this feat it is very serious indeed. On the other hand I tend to doubt the claims maybe Kim just got a nuclear warhead confused with his penis.

Uh...okay?

All I did was point out that the US had miniaturized nukes to the point of being able to damn near shoulder fire one with a recoiless rifle about 50-60 years ago and how it was scrapped due to the inherent danger involved. How is that being in a rush to be anti-American?

I didnt even give my opinion on anything...
but we obviously know how YOU feel.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I find it hilarious.

Iran = No evidence of nukes, denial = Must have nukes BOMB THEM!

North Korea = Nuclear tests , proud admittance, direct threats = meh they are just bull #ting the world.

*Points at China*

That's your answer. Everyone knows North Korea is China's big, angry junkyard dog. If you want to mess with the Norks, you gotta mess with China too, and that's a little more serious than Iraq was. Had Putin stepped in and sat on Saddam's shoulder, you better believe we likely would have ignored Saddam, too.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Well there's absolutely no need to point that out to me. I knew of it probably long before you were born. Is there any need to point out to you that they gave up shoulder fire nukes because they were stupid?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

They haven't managed a normal one yet.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

We got data from their tests. They haven't managed one yet.

Iran, on the other hand, isn't trying to make plutonium warheads, because they have uranium centrifuges. And a known working uranium design from AQ Khan as a go-by.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Mini nukes you say? I've found the perfect buyer...

Vault boy is the man! Unless ravenous deathclaws suddenly invade NK, I don't see KJU actually using any of these mini nukes.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Let's all be honest here though. NK is NOT Iraq...in any way, shape or form (minus the dictator).

The Iraqi military was easily defeated - the population was not.

I don't think the North Korean military would be easily defeated (minus total nuclear war - with probable MADD/genocide). However, their population might be a bit easier to win over.

Last doc I saw about how NK is doing; most are starving - and western media is definitely being smuggled in. Something's gotta give at some point.

Eventually the Kim dynasty will be confronted. However, I'm not really sure how necessary it is to do that, considering the likely outcome.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Wasn't there a lot of talking of red mercury and briefcase nukes a decade or two ago? What happened with that?
Maybe NK is on to something.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join