It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did They Just Spill Oil in My Pacific?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I just happened to glance at the TV while dancing with my husband and I noticed a flash across CNN that said something like "Oil spill in California!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this isn't true. I'm looking for sources to confirm. If anyone finds an affirmative source please update or statrt a new thread and I will request MOD's to close this thread.

I'm in tears and my free night/morning has been shattered by this news. The universe knows I'll not have another free night like this for another 2 months at least.

PS
I hope this isn't true...as I'm already in some serious tears just for the thought of it being true. # thiS Oil CraP!!!!!!!!!! We gotta find a better way folks. If this crap has hit California shores a lot of folks will be a$$ed out and mad as HELL...we will not stand for this #!!!!!!
edit on Thu May 21 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePublicEnemyNo1
Its true, I saw a report on RT

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you freaking serious???????????????

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Where's the spill dude?

ETA
Can you post a source please?
edit on 5/20/15 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: ETA

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Here ya go.

Source

edit on 20-5-2015 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Thanks

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I think the word you are looking for is "our". Did they spill oil into "our" pacific...

And yes. Yes they did. It's a tragedy for sure.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

WOW! Santa Barbara, CA on top of it all...what a sad day today. D@m !t!!!!!!! I'm incredibly upset about this and will be looking into why and how this crap happened on my shores and who caused it.

Thanks again VoidHawk.

TPE

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePublicEnemyNo1

WOW! Santa Barbara, CA on top of it all...what a sad day today. D@m !t!!!!!!! I'm incredibly upset about this and will be looking into why and how this crap happened on my shores and who caused it.

I have to ask--why are you so possessive of the ocean and the shores? You do understand that neither are 'yours,' right?

That said, all oil spills suck, but this one will be a relatively easy clean up with very minimal damage to the environment. This wasn't the BP oil spill--let's calm down just a touch.

And make sure you don't drive your vehicle for a while, if you have one that runs on gasoline, as you'd be contributing to the pockets of these people who spill oil in your ocean and on your shores.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Sucks that there's an oil leak, but what's really sad is that you are literally crying because of an oil spill... Lol.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Yes, it is true. I live here, just miles north of the spill site. I have lived here 53 years and this is NOT the first oil spill we have had here. It is tragic and devastating to the ocean dwellers. Sad beyond words.

But what makes this ocean yours?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

are you serious? so you can spot the flaw in one person stating possession of THE pacific ocean. but you dont see the flaw of us as a group stating ownership of THE pacific ocean?

just to clarify it. no one owns or possesses the pacific ocean. it is an ocean. a part of this earth. we are merely fleas nearby it.

we own the ocean just as much as we own mars or the milky way. not a damn bit.

and im saddened that the op seems more distraught at this news "ruining her night" rather then the news itself. if you and your night are so special that oil spills should take note to not interfere with it. then dont bother pretending to care about it. seems more like you were seeking an excuse to be upset. you jumped right into the tears before even bothering to verify the information. you even left that to other posters rather then doing it yourself. you get these nights only every few months you say. so then there it is. they put you outside your comfort zone and this news or any news it seems is all you need to put you back into the state of mind you want to be in.

after all. YOU CHOOSE your state of mind. any excuse is merely your rationalization for why you choose that state of mind. regardless of the reasons for it. it is still your choice. you want a night of tuning out stress and relaxing do it. you want a night of tears over news that wont effect you nor can you do anything about. do it. or well i guess you did hence this thread. ok.

/rant. i feel better now. i see now what all this ranting is about. quite therapeutic to get it out there.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Oil comes from the ground. It's organic.
Without oil we wouldn't have gasoline to clean the tar off our legs after going to the beach.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yeah sorry, its true. But the big problem is all the Fukushima radiation thats bathing the west coast as we speak.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Oil comes from the ground. It's organic.
Without oil we wouldn't have gasoline to clean the tar off our legs after going to the beach.

Ah ha ha! This # is so #ed up all you can do is laugh, cause I'm too damn sick a cryin. Oh my beautiful planet what are they doing to you?
edit on Thu May 21 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I love how the media uses "gallons" instead of barrels. The number is bigger if they use gallons, and it freaks people out more.

21,000 gallons is 381 barrels of oil.

381 barrels -- that's it.

Sure, it's not GOOD -- but it's not nearly as horrifying as the number 21,000.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I love how the media uses "gallons" instead of barrels. The number is bigger if they use gallons, and it freaks people out more.

21,000 gallons is 381 barrels of oil.

381 barrels -- that's it.

Sure, it's not GOOD -- but it's not nearly as horrifying as the number 21,000.

Either way you put it the amount of oil reported spilled is just that, People can relate to Gallons better than Barrels in their head.
Most folks fill their car with Gallons and thus can relate to the amount. Agreed it is not GOOD and no matter how you cut it, this is a disaster no matter the size of it. 381 Barrels here and 237 there and 800 over yonder and so-forth and so on.
It adds up and takes a toll however small the spill is.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

Years ago I can remember oil spills being reported in "barrels" not gallons. When the environmental movement really kicked off I noticed they switched to using gallons.

ETA: Oh, and I totally agree...not good at all, no matter what unit of measure is being used!
edit on 22-5-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Iwinder

Years ago I can remember oil spills being reported in "barrels" not gallons. When the environmental movement really kicked off I noticed they switched to using gallons.

ETA: Oh, and I totally agree...not good at all, no matter what unit of measure is being used!

LOL some folks would have a heart attack if they started reporting in in Liters :-)

Here is the numbers I got off of a conversion site. 95467.89 l from 21000. Gallons.
www.unitjuggler.com...
Just saying, and any amount of oil in our water is bad bad for us no if's and but's .

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 22-5-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

top topics

join