It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Near Death Experiences testify to God as taught by Christ...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
i don't have near death experiences but what i do have is bunch of experiences with nitrous oxide. when inhaling nitrous oxide the oxygen levels in blood drop when oxygen is replaced with no2. this causes all kinds of wacky hallusinations. the "trip" might be only 20 seconds or so long but still the experience feels like forever. what i have read about these near death experiments i think that all of it can be explained with brains not getting enough oxygen. if you have doubts, at least here where i live you can go and buy some nitros and find out your self.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Sure...now all we need to do is prove the NDEs are real.
edit on 5202015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Oh stop. So they won't be scared? You're making this all up.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Ghost147

Energy

Yes, But i can't shake the feeling that you're implying something more than just "energy" as if conciousness is somehow involved (for example)

originally posted by: arpgme

I've read many Near Death Experiences, so I'll try to answer these questions based on research.

I noticed you didn't source any of the information you've given with the research you have.

Many have the sensation of a loss of time, even the more religious NDEs, they say time stoped and it was just "Eternity". Many atheists see blackness/void when dying in order to respect their beliefs and not make them fearful about dying.

Atheists dont have beliefs. The concept of "nothing after death" is simply logical.

So they won't be scared, so those beings show up to help them to the other side. Sometimes, it's not even Jesus or a prophet/angel but just a family member. They are usually given reasons why they should return and are shown things which turns out to be true later on in life.

Again, could source your research? I am curious as to why a god, who is excessively jealous, would show every other religious deity to their followers. This theory doesn't really add up to both the bible and to logic.

Sometimes, it doesn't match to individual's beliefs, if they can handle it. Some fundamentalist Christians were surprised to learn from Jesus about reincarnation. Others, were just not ready to hear that, so Jesus didn't mention it. The consistency is the peace and timelessness of the experience regardless of which angel, family member, or prophet shows up.

This sounds like you're just reaching to let yourself believe in your religious views. A kind of safe-guard defense mechanism. "Having all the other gods comforting believers of other faiths is just my god pretending to be them" Does that not sound a bit absurd to you?

In the case of agnostics/atheists, they see void/blackness first if they can't handle it in order to help them through their death with less fear.

Believe it or not, but atheists and agnostics aren't running from god. Many of us would actually love there to be one! It would be fascinating to find out that there really is a deity behind everything. The fact is, there is no evidence that shows there to be a god. All that we see around us in the Universe shows a natural (not supernature) foundation behind it. If a god were to make themselves undoubtedly present, I would instantly believe in it.

Conversely, no matter how much evidence is undoubtedly presented to believers, many simply reject the information without even considering it.

There is the difference between a Theist and an Atheist.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeachesNCream
Ive heard your body releases '___' twice in your life. Birth and Death. Always wondered of NDEs were a result of preexisting beliefs and the chemical '___'.

Dimethyltryptamine. Are we allowed to say that? Its not illegal in its natural form which is what we are talking about here. Silly filters. And you are right, that chemical does yield what one might interpret as a spiritual experience.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
i read dr strassmans book A Sprit Molecule a few years back. the experiences his patient had on dmt were far from spiritual. their 'trips' were more like the alien abduction experience. a reply to: TzarChasm

in reply to TzarChasm

edit on 20-5-2015 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2015 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
i read dr strassmans book A Sprit Molecule a few years back. the experiences his patient had on dmt were far from spiritual. their 'trips' were more like the alien abduction experience. a reply to: TzarChasm

in reply to TzarChasm

when you get right down to it, there isnt much difference between a "religious experience" and "alien abduction".

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
from what I remember, dr strassman was pretty freaked out about the experiences his patients were having, he even stopped the study for awhile. he was expecting spiritual experiences and they were FAR from spiritual! it's an interesting read. reply to: TzarChasm

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Ive heard your body releases '___' twice in your life. Birth and Death. Always wondered of NDEs were a result of preexisting beliefs and the chemical '___'.

The body releases D M T more often than that and if you play around with the bliss it will probably become constant. I do think that the unconscious information is translated thru "the language/concepts" that the conscious mind holds and are therefor depending on conditioning.

I have experienced the physical chi/light/kundalini/love vibration without having belief in (in fact went to the doctors sure there was something very wrong with my body before I understood it). Sometimes experience come before any conditioning.
edit on 20-5-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

from what I remember, dr strassman was pretty freaked out about the experiences his patients were having, he even stopped the study for awhile. he was expecting spiritual experiences and they were FAR from spiritual! it's an interesting read. reply to: TzarChasm

i will have to see if i can procure his materials. it sounds fascinating.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

The body releases D M T more often than that and if you play around with the bliss it will probably become constant. I do think that the unconscious information is translated thru "the language/concepts" that the conscious mind holds and are therefor depending on conditioning.

I have experienced the physical chi/light/kundalini/love vibration without having belief in (in fact went to the doctors sure there was something very wrong with my body before I understood it). Sometimes experience come before any conditioning.

if it was truly the kundalini, you are lucky. many have to train themselves for decades to reach that level. on the same note, take great care. there is a reason such things have to be unlocked.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

do! I lost my son a few years back and became very interested in NDE's and such. wanting so badly to believe there is something after death and that I would see him again. I'm not religious, so i don't just believe

some how i came upon that book, and after reading, i think things are way more freaky. their trips seemed more like inter-dimensional travel then anything spiritual as the op suggests.

leary tried to study years ago but the substance he used stays in the system for days and is very hard to control. dmt, on the other hand, stays in the system about 20 minutes, so much easier to do a controlled study in a laboratory setting. the hoops he had to jump thru the get the experiment going were crazy - took him years just do that.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

do! I lost my son a few years back and became very interested in NDE's and such. wanting so badly to believe there is something after death and that I would see him again. I'm not religious, so i don't just believe

some how i came upon that book, and after reading, i think things are way more freaky. their trips seemed more like inter-dimensional travel then anything spiritual as the op suggests.

leary tried to study years ago but the substance he used stays in the system for days and is very hard to control. dmt, on the other hand, stays in the system about 20 minutes, so much easier to do a controlled study in a laboratory setting. the hoops he had to jump thru the get the experiment going were crazy - took him years just do that.

seems to imply that dimethyltryptamine (damn filters) has properties involving resonance. much like an object vibrating just enough to pass through another object. i ave been watching a lot of flash recently (the finale debuted last night) and the principles on which the flashs superspeed talents operate are very much applicable in this context. our brain perceives a miniscule fraction of the electromagnetic spectrum (which relies on frequencies) so perhaps D M T boosts the range we can access. also suggests that these alien beings originate from a frequency we are unable to access which is why we havent found them yet. imagine when we open a dimensional door and yoda waltzes out.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

if it was truly the kundalini, you are lucky. many have to train themselves for decades to reach that level. on the same note, take great care. there is a reason such things have to be unlocked.

From my point of view it is more common than talked about. I have a couple of empath reiki friends that are more able than me in pushing energy and can overheat my body body if they all push energy into it. And I am not an empath either. It is fun to feel where their hands are while not looking by feeling the effects of their hands by the heat/tingle on the skin and do the same to them.

For some reasons many people choose to hide in plain sight and live a life where they do not share their experiences.

edit on 20-5-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I nearly drowned and had a near death experience. I saw flashes of memorable times in my life. Felt sad like I was going to miss everyone. Then I felt bad for my mom who would have to deal with a dead son and suddenly I got a huge jolt of strength and pushed my way to the surface. Life guard said I was underwater and didn't surface for over two minutes before I popped up and swam back to shore. But I never saw any light nor felt any love. It had no religious aspect at all. Just very quiet.

Pretty sure I'm a good enough person that if there was a heaven to see during near death experience I would have seen a glimps of it then.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Nderf.org

I can't give you a single source because there are literally over a thousand NDEs. I've read through many different ones in order to get different perspectives and find the similarities in all.

A notable NDE is Anita Moorjani. She had cancer (grade 4B lymphoma) and was dying of organ failure. The doctors lost hope after all of their possible treatments saying that she'll die soon but then she came back to life and within 4 days billions of cancer cells just vanished. The doctors couldn't explain it and when she first wrote the NDE it was too hard to believe, they interviewed her and asked her if they could interview her doctors and see the medical records with her permission and since then her story gained populary , being interviewed by radio stations in her local town and eventually by others about her amazing recovery.

Anita Moorjani's NDE

I'm not saying God is pretending to be other gods to make people feel comfortable. I'm saying that there are many different spirits (family members , angels/"gods") who help physical beings who die. I don't follow the jealous "god", but I understand that many follow such jealous spirits and call them "the one and only God".

Many NDEs regardless of whether the see Jesus, Krishna, Buddha, etc. testifies that the actual presence of God feels like Love and Peace and they felt accepted/forgiven and inspired to be that way towards others.

And this message can be found in the Gospel:

"35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.
" - Luke 6:35-36

You may say that there are other verses which contradict that (and I do not follow the jealous spirit which contradicts Jesus's loving merciful teachings , got Jesus called a "blasphemer", and whose followers tried to claim as his "son", but I already made threads about that), but my point is that this verse expresses strong love and explains The Presence of God according to Near Death Experiences.

That Gospel verse comes closest to expressing the Grace, Acceptance, and Loving Forgiveness of a universal God.

(Although, I heard there may be some Buddhist sects that believe in a Cosmic Buddha of Light and Compassion - if true, that may be the closest way to describe the Loving God people who have NDEs feel from a Buddhist perspective.)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

The issue is not that Near Death Experiences happen or not, or that individuals see whatever they see, or that miraculous medical instances occur that are otherwise unexplained. The issue is that you're inferring that the cause for all these things is a god, and not only that, but the god you follow.

The fact is, it's just speculation at best. It could be any number of things. There is as much evidence that aliens are hovering over the hospital in an invisible ship and giving everyone with a Near death experience whatever they want to see, and then curing them of their disease for their own tests, than there is evidence that it is your god. I would be more convinced if there was at least a signature of some sort; "God's work" and all that. But there isn't. You are assuming it is your god because you believe in your god.

However, what we do know is that our knowledge of biology, virus', and disease is limited at best, and still in its infancy. Thus, it is more likely a case of biology doing something we simply did not know it could do, rather than an interdimensional being that created the universe in all its power, but cares that this one little insect lives a few more years.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Sure, it may be something about the illness they didn't know, but being able to hear a conversation down the hallway ?

It's not this "one little insect", thousands of others had Near Death Experiences, too. If people want evidence of the Spiritual Realm what better way than seeings spirits which give accurate information and heal sickness? (Although I'm not claiming NDEs are for the sole purpose of evidence for the other side).

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Yes, Jesus spoke of, and instructed his followers in, the Light Above - as many other spiritual masters, particularly of Eastern mystical traditions, have. Jesus transmitted the Light of God from Above to his most devoted and prepared followers, to awaken them via their "eye being single" to the Kingdom of Heaven Above.

The God-Light Above is what is experienced at death as Divine Unity and Love. Most only glimpse it at death before being distracted by lesser lights, realms, and relatives - only to return to a physical body at some point (unless this realm has already been transcended in this life).

What Jesus speaks of, is much better documented in Eastern traditions even those pre-dating him, because official Christianity ridded as much esotericism from Jesus' Teachings as possible, to allow for the myth that if everyone just believes in Jesus, they will be saved. Paul of Tarsus built his church upon this myth rather than Jesus' true Teachings. Paul's "easy-believers" method of salvation was much easier to sell than all that discipline Jesus' Teachings require.

But enough of Jesus' esoteric Teachings remain in the Bible to show he taught what was, and still is, taught by various mystical traditions relative to the Light of God Above, and also reported by many having NDEs.

edit on 5/21/2015 by bb23108 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Sure, it may be something about the illness they didn't know, but being able to hear a conversation down the hallway ?

It's not this "one little insect", thousands of others had Near Death Experiences, too. If people want evidence of the Spiritual Realm what better way than seeings spirits which give accurate information and heal sickness? (Although I'm not claiming NDEs are for the sole purpose of evidence for the other side).

I realize it isn't a single case, I was stating that humans are essentially simplistic, uncomplicated, miniscule creatures in an infinitely vast and complicated universe. Why would a single organism, who really has no impact on anything matter?

Furthermore, the stories of NDE's are all very sketchy. I'm not saying that it cannot occur, and that it is impossible, However, there seems to always be details in every case where one could simply say "well it could have also been this instead" (in reference to conversations down the hall). Witnesses are one of the least reliable sources of evidence after all.

Repeatable, predictable experimentation on the other hand, would reveal a lot. And it has in similar things such as Out Of Body experiences.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join